Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ularg posted:

I'm sure once the HM raid is out no one will want to do NM raids unless it's as a Sherpa. I'll miss you NM raid, I enjoyed you a lot.

Not necessarily. It depends on if the loot works like KF where it drops both normal and hard mode or if it's like Crota where you have normal mode only loot.

I'm not sure if normal has anything worth going back for. I guess the scout and auto rifle? I didn't really like either of them but they're pretty alright. You'll probably also get people doing normal for monitor runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ularg posted:

I'm sure once the HM raid is out no one will want to do NM raids unless it's as a Sherpa. I'll miss you NM raid, I enjoyed you a lot.

Are you?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Lightning Knight posted:

Not necessarily. It depends on if the loot works like KF where it drops both normal and hard mode or if it's like Crota where you have normal mode only loot.

I'm not sure if normal has anything worth going back for. I guess the scout and auto rifle? I didn't really like either of them but they're pretty alright. You'll probably also get people doing normal for monitor runs.

I'm just afraid of having Outbreak Prime being required for HM and not being able to get a NM raid together to complete the quest. But also mainly because now that most people are used to NM it's a lot of laid back fun with the right group instead of being super strict with the mechanics and screwups.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just hope HM has an upgraded genesis chain with a 60 round magazine because the 30 round mag is the only downside to the one I have.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just hope I can get the ship and shaders eventually, that's basically the main thing I enjoy earning in Destiny.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ularg posted:

I just hope I can get the ship and shaders eventually, that's basically the main thing I enjoy earning in Destiny.

I swear it was like three months before I got something other than the starter ship (I started playing in January) and now I have so many of them and 99% of them are incredibly ugly, garish monstrosities. Especially the Crucible ones.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Things I want from HM:
-Sniper
-HC
-Ship
-Ornamented armor? I guess?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ornaments are loving stupid because the dust requirements are stupid scummy money grubbing bullshit.

Applied two ornaments to a gun? You need to use a dust every time you want to change the look. :downs:

The Iron lord stuff is even worse once you do the math on them.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

Ornaments are loving stupid because the dust requirements are stupid scummy money grubbing bullshit.

Applied two ornaments to a gun? You need to use a dust every time you want to change the look. :downs:

What? Once you've activated an ornament you can deactivate and reactivate any time you want without penalty.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ularg posted:

Just like nobody ever runs VoG or CE anymore :rolleyes:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guess I don't know how to poosh buttan then because I swear it wasn't working.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

xzzy posted:

I think the trials stuff is the only place where it's egregious. Raid gear can straight up be rerolled, and with the iron lord gear it's a pain in the rear end but you can keep grabbing new ones from packages until you get your perfect roll. The only thing stopping you is how soul-crushing it would be, and how many legendary marks/motes you have to burn.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Ularg posted:

I'm just afraid of having Outbreak Prime being required for HM and not being able to get a NM raid together to complete the quest. But also mainly because now that most people are used to NM it's a lot of laid back fun with the right group instead of being super strict with the mechanics and screwups.

There will always be people looking to do OP, man. There's an emblem involved and you need it for record book completion.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Lumpy posted:

Just like nobody ever runs VoG or CE anymore :rolleyes:

No, I don't see anyone run CE anymore unless it's for Sherpas or nolstalgias sake, or I'd still be attempting to get nechrochasm. VoG took a quest to get it active again.

Edit: This aint a hill I want to die on so I'll stop there. I'm just really lazy and dumb and bad, is all.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45338/7_Destiny-Update---101816

-Horn relays now useless, everyone gets 15 free silver dust
-Loot changes don't kick in until hard raid unlocks :/
-Faction packages drop up to 390
-Fixed Firefly bug (again)
-Fixed Fr0stEE5
-Heroic strikes now count for record book
-SIVA Key Fragments now drop more reliably in the raid

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 18, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ularg posted:

No, I don't see anyone run CE anymore unless it's for Sherpas or nolstalgias sake, or I'd still be attempting to get nechrochasm. VoG took a quest to get it active again.

LFG, VoG is running constantly. CE is a different story with far fewer runs and many of them being very loving bad players wanting to get impossibly carried to Flawless Raider.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45338/7_Destiny-Update---101816

-If you have a horn relay trash it for 15 silver dust
-Loot changes don't kick in until hard raid unlocks :/
-Fixed Firefly bug (again)
-Fixed Fr0stEE5
-Heroic strikes now count for record book
One other thing I noticed:

quote:

Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Crucible, and Strike Hoards will now provide drops up to 400 Light
So regular crucible can give you 400 light items. Nice

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
im glad they supposedly fixed the frostees

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
I noticed they took away all the last year festival of the lost items...

Except for the Raisins!! I'm sure the community is going to suspect some secret with raisins again this year.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Datto just tweeted

quote:

The light cap will apparently NOT be increased until raid launch, do not waste engrams!
Yeah it was posted above but it's kinda important

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

So this patch does nothing for Light? Light comes when Hard Mode unlocks later today? Ffs, I thought this was so people could get prepared.

They don't want poopsockers to hit 400 before the raid even opens.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

cvnvcnv posted:

So this patch does nothing for Light? Light comes when Hard Mode unlocks later today? Ffs, I thought this was so people could get prepared.

ppl who are going for World First at 2pm are already above 385, it's not going to make a big difference for them

And if you're not going for world first, who gives a poo poo if you spend 15 minutes after 2pm to decrypt your engrams and poo poo

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

CheeseFactory posted:

I have leveled that moron eris 5 times and gotten 4 class items.

:negative:

Bungie did say they increased artifact drop rate. But bungie have been know to lie.

New patch notes.

quote:

Increased chance of Artifacts from Crota's Bane Reputation Packages

Rekt

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

I banked some engrams, but they're not decoding higher than 365 for legendaries; I check for an update before & after too, am I missing something?

Exotics were decoding 385 & 386 respectively on a 385 character.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They just said in the notes that light won't go up until later when hard pops

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Fixed an issue where the Heroic SIVA Crisis Playlist was not counting towards the "Take a Strike" Record in the Rise of Iron Record Book

make this retroactive bungo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I'm 386 waiting to roll over 3 reps and have 3 exotics to blow. This hm is gonna be so easy lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

have 3 exotics to blow

What are the names of these guys? Lmao

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

This right here is loving stupid.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
3 exotics?

:rolleyes:

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

FishBulb posted:

They just said in the notes that light won't go up until later when hard pops

loving hell bungie

I read the update, I read video game sites covering it, but gotta read patch notes in order to understand that the update doesn't update.

Thank goodness all their storyline and lore isn't buried on a website somewhere.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

quote:

Fixed an issue where the Heroic SIVA Crisis Playlist was not counting towards the "Take a Strike" Record in the Rise of Iron Record Book

Bet it's not retroactive.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Kumo posted:

loving hell bungie

I read the update, I read video game sites covering it, but gotta read patch notes in order to understand that the update doesn't update.

Thank goodness all their storyline and lore isn't buried on a website somewhere.

rekt

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Kumo posted:

loving hell bungie

Maybe you should read the loving patch notes to understand what changed in the game

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

FishBulb posted:

3 exotics?

:rolleyes:

I'm already 386 soaking wet

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
pre light bump real talk: I infused both my outbreak prime's into my MIDA and TLW respectively because why the gently caress not that gun is p annoying to listen to and lmao using that piece of poo poo in trials

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:w00t:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I'm already 386 soaking wet

something something your mom's weight in the pool because she's a whale, I don't know, I'm loving bad at this :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hoarders don't decrypt your poo poo or generally do anything until 5PM EST

• Locked thread