Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Finally caught up with last week and wow the "Eric Young" chant right before the big Sanity reveal was absolute peak Crowd Trying To Get Over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I had never really understood that phrase until I started watching Full Sail shows.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Desumaytah posted:

This Roderick Strong guy sounds like player 2 Dolph Ziggler on the mic.

Is he player 2 Dolph Ziggler? :mad:

christ

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Desumaytah posted:

This Roderick Strong guy sounds like player 2 Dolph Ziggler on the mic.

Is he player 2 Dolph Ziggler? :mad:

If Dolph Ziggler was about a billion times better at everything related to wrestling and also a completely different character, sure

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Dolph is a much stronger promo tbh

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
He is but Roddy is cooler and better and stronger and faster.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I had never really understood that phrase until I started watching Full Sail shows.
I mean all things being equal, there would probably be a few in attendance who recognized Young's weird wheelbarrow neckbreaker from TNA, but not enough and not quickly enough to start a chant. It's literally a "we read dirtsheets" chant. At least when people count visual pinfalls or whatever they're ostensibly serving the story in the ring.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Was there any dirtsheets about Eric Young and Sanity before the taped spoilers?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Wolfe and Fulton were definitely working the Florida house shows but I'm not 100% certain if Young was with them. Pretty sure the names were out there before the tapings, though.

*e yeah the tapings were in September, the full stable was working house shows in late August. Our boy had the hookup: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=463599514#post463599514

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 18, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I kind of fell off from NXT since the past Takeover, have I missed anything really important or fun?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Are they going to led Roddy use The End of Heartache as his finisher?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Go RV! posted:

I kind of fell off from NXT since the past Takeover, have I missed anything really important or fun?

I don't know about "fun" but the Dusty Tag Team Classic #2 just started up and the ~*SaNiTy*~ stable debuted last week, featuring former (possibly future???) jobbers Sawyer Fulton and Alexander Wolfe plus a repackaged Eric Young in what can only be described as a Black Bloc anarchist gimmick. They faced Roode and Tye, who tagged briefly until Roode walked out on Tye to set up a match at Takeover Canada. Andrade lost matches against Austin Aries and Cedric Alexander, then tagged with Alexander and beat him down after a loss, thus turning heel, which should hopefully help his rudderless push (it helps that Cedric was white hot as a face after the CWC). Mickie James is challenging Asuka at the next Takeover since no other women in the actual division have caught on (plus Asuka is Joshi Hogan with stiffer kicks). You'd think Ember Moon would have gotten a push but she's barely been seen.

All the other storylines are more or less where they were, otherwise.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I don't see why not. It looks cool and I don't think it's really particularly dangerous to do.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Out April

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I don't see why not. It looks cool and I don't think it's really particularly dangerous to do.
They allow the Lumbar Check, isn't it basically that with a suplex setup?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gimme this vinny mac foreword !

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

"Who are these people!? What's going on?! Where's Strowman?!"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I will pay all of the money if they make this into an audiobook and have Vince narrate his foreword.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

projecthalaxy posted:

"Who are these people!? What's going on?! Where's Strowman?!"

He'll replace Paige on the cover

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean all things being equal, there would probably be a few in attendance who recognized Young's weird wheelbarrow neckbreaker from TNA, but not enough and not quickly enough to start a chant. It's literally a "we read dirtsheets" chant. At least when people count visual pinfalls or whatever they're ostensibly serving the story in the ring.

Really? I recognized him from the jacket. It's pretty distinct looking and he was wearing it in his last appearance. Also the house show thing. Full Sail's crowd is often insufferable, but I'm not seeing it in this instance. It's not like they were chanting JBL.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Suplex Liberace posted:

"I was very impressed by the physiques and wrestling ability of these trainees my son-in-law had hired. For some strange reason he never wanted Big Show, Kane or Undertaker to stand next to any of them within my view, insisting they be standing far in the background. He also refused to let me meet any of them unless I was sitting down. He was very adamant on this subject. I think I can make this Neville kid a huge star though, so I've arranged behind Paul's back to meet him in person, can't wait to look him in the eye."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Confirming the obvious but there will be Dusty Classic during the California NXT tour.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

Confirming the obvious but there will be Dusty Classic during the California NXT tour.

Wait they are taping dusty classic matches here? So awesome, I'm going to the show in San Jose next Friday

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Wait they are taping dusty classic matches here? So awesome, I'm going to the show in San Jose next Friday

I *think* Rodderick Strong is on the tour.

Hopefully WWE will post a class photo for the new NXT recruits today. Amongst them are:

Alvin Abitz
Big Damo
Mary Dobson
Max Wessell
Tommy End
Victoria Gonzalez

Other recruits that are already there for months might be included too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I only know Mary Dobson from that one Alexa match where she hosed up a spot, and a visibly pissed off Alexa gave her a stiff-rear end receipt. Is she actually good enough to care about?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I saw her in a six woman tag match and she was the best worker in the match followed by Britt Baker and then Veda Scott

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

have heard good things about Tommy End and Big Damo. I kind of know the latter is a huge Irishman but don't know much about Tommy End.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

MinibarMatchman posted:

have heard good things about Tommy End and Big Damo. I kind of know the latter is a huge Irishman but don't know much about Tommy End.

He's a big dutch satanist who kicks people real hard.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

We can confirm that WWE has signed 21 year old Brazlian Taynara Melo.

Melo had a tryout with WWE back in February of 2016

Melo is a black belt in judo and a blue belt in Brazilian jujitsu as well as a professional model.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/taynara-melo-signs-with-wwe/

Been told she's in Orlando today. Besides her background she has a real star quality.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Picture mini Chris Hero if he were way into black metal instead of rap music and threw roundhouse kicks instead of elbows and you're on the right track. He's really good and I think he could be huge in WWE with the right presentation/push.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Raul Mendoza did one during the CWC, so it doesn't seem that likely that it's on some kind of "never do this" list

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jenny Angel posted:

Raul Mendoza did one during the CWC, so it doesn't seem that likely that it's on some kind of "never do this" list

unlike many posters on this forum.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

He's really good and I think he could be huge in WWE with the right presentation/push.

Which in WWE terms means he'll be Baron Corbin's sidekick in a year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Picture mini Chris Hero if he were way into black metal instead of rap music and threw roundhouse kicks instead of elbows and you're on the right track. He's really good and I think he could be huge in WWE with the right presentation/push.
Why would you want to get rid of Chris Hero's best quality???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Big Damo seems cool, I watched a couple matches. I wish he was fatter though.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I wasn't able to make it to a HOODSLAM, but I'm going to the nxt show in San Jo too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

unlike many posters on this forum.

Rude.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/tommy-end-big-damo-and-crazy-mary-dobson-wwe-performance-center

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I know nothing about Tommy End or Big Damo but they both look like they just stepped off the set of Vikings so they're cool with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I hope tommy end gets to go full on with his satanism.

• Locked thread