Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
team skull's alolan dugtrio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Spintzel posted:

Looks like no snowman Pokémon

It's Crabrawler's evo. People are saying that "snowman" could also be taken to mean "yeti," and WELP.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaine the Train posted:

It's Crabrawler's evo. People are saying that "snowman" could also be taken to mean "yeti," and WELP.

No Dolphin though.

Which is weird as hell since 'rugby Monkey' is otherwise such an off the wall guess.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Blaine the Train posted:

Ice/fighting... man that's a horrible combination. They really need to do something about ice. It's so bad. Even fire got some boost by resisting fairy.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cancerianmoth posted:

Ice/fighting... man that's a horrible combination. They really need to do something about ice. It's so bad. Even fire got some boost by resisting fairy.

Ice/FIghting really isn't that bad. 6 Weaknesses, 3 Resists which is roughly as good as Ice gets outside of Water and Steel.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

lmao Alolan Persian...that loving face. I think what they were probably going for is a look like a purebred British Shorthair/British Blue. Those guys usually have big doofy faces.

That coloring is exactly what I wanted to see for regular Shiny Persian. I think I even did a sprite recolor years ago and posted it in whatever iteration of this thread was around 7 or 8 years ago.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I was thinking that the "Can I Haz Cheezburger" cat was the main inspiration behind Alolan Persian, but most people gravitated towards Garfield.

I hope there's a decent explanation and a cool typing behind it's big head (like say it gains the Psychic typing to become Dark/Psychic).

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Zore posted:

No Dolphin though.

Which is weird as hell since 'rugby Monkey' is otherwise such an off the wall guess.

Signs point to Wishiwashi School Form as being the Dolphin.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i thought alolan persian looked like the peppercats.ru cat

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm not convinced, please keep posting more very cute cats thank you

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

To be kind of honest, I thought the regular Persian model's head was too small for it :v:.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

:agreed:

My sister messaged me as soon as she evolved a Meowth in Go to complain about how tiny Persian's head is.

oddium posted:

i'm not convinced, please keep posting more very cute cats thank you

Ok then new theory: they stumbled upon pictures of my cat after a shavedown and were inspired.

:frog:

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 19, 2016

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I'm trying to play the Pokémon catching contest but this goddamn frog keeps one-shotting everything. :mad:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Do Chinese languages differentiate between dolphins and orcas? The "dolphin" Pokémon may have just been referring to wishiwashi's school form the whole time, which most resembles an orca

Kind of like how snowman=yeti and it went over our heads with the crab

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Pentaro posted:

I'm trying to play the Pokémon catching contest but this goddamn frog keeps one-shotting everything. :mad:
IV-blessed.

I just hit everything I didn't want to one-shot with an Aerial Ace since it's neutral or NVE against anything you can catch in the demo.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Zore posted:

No Dolphin though.

the blank spaces could have something. There's four blank spaces in a row, which means there could be a 2-stage line that just didn't get programmed into the demo.

but ugh, if there's no dolphin, I am sad. This was the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY.

also, does anyone else think the Alolan Geodude line might be Rock/Electric? and Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio may be Ground/Fairy?

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Pentaro posted:

Aerial Ace and level 32 pokemon are usually fine. It's the level 30s that die in one hit. I think the most you can get a reward for catching in the first bout is 3 and not sure if there even are higher tier rewards or if you have to wait x amount of days for them.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Rock/Steel, Electric/Steel, and Electric/Rock are all good magnetic types because they explode upon contact with ground moves

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Does this demo have a daily thingy to do like the ORAS demo

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

alg posted:

Does this demo have a daily thingy to do like the ORAS demo

A few NPCs claim that things will happen in X number of days so most likely yes.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

hell YES

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005
Any indications of difficulty modes or anything along those lines? Probably the only way I would actually buy this one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I still don't get the wordplay or pun on Brionne.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Water spider that traps air bubbles is neat and all, but when I first saw it I thought it was a giant virus Pokemon so I can't help but be disappointed.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Convergence posted:

Any indications of difficulty modes or anything along those lines? Probably the only way I would actually buy this one

The X and Y EXP share is still in. Make of that what you will.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
:siren:ULTRA BEASTS ARE CATCHABLE!:siren: (Warning: Polygon.)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Some people were saying that when the blue Tapu closes its thing it will look dolphin-y, but imo the leak would have mentioned it were a legendary if that were the case

No they're not. Also Polygon rocks b*tch.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
dang

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Until we get more info on the new Pokemon I still only have a solid pick of 4 Pokemon for Moon.

Popplio
Bounsweet
Mudbray
Oricorio Pom-Pom Style

Here is hoping the anchor is a water/ghost

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

I still don't get the wordplay or pun on Brionne.

it's brine but more feminine?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Some people were saying that when the blue Tapu closes its thing it will look dolphin-y, but imo the leak would have mentioned it were a legendary if that were the case

No they're not. Also Polygon rocks b*tch.

Um...if they just confirmed it with nintendo why are you debating it?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
this cat is going places

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pretty kitty

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Flopsy posted:

If they really confirmed it then why is the url "pokemon-sun-and-moon-catch-ultra-beasts-theory"? Shouldn't it be catch-ultra-beasts-confirmation or something.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I'm naming my fat head cool guy "FatHedCOolDu"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Chibs posted:

this cat is going places

Like the toilet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Alolan Persian is just heathcliff

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It’s really lame that Alolan Meowth looks amazing and Alolan Persian is hideous. Alolan Dugtrio is the most incredible, so it evens out. It’s okay. He is my beautiful friend.

I was just really looking forward to Alolan Persian because Persian is one of my Gen 1 favorites... :sadwave:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It’s really lame that Alolan Meowth looks amazing and Alolan Persian is hideous. Alolan Dugtrio is the most incredible, so it evens out. It’s okay. He is my beautiful friend.

I was just really looking forward to Alolan Persian because Persian is one of my Gen 1 favorites... :sadwave:

meowth in general is a better design than persian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Flopsy posted:

They only confirmed it with a rep and they have been wrong before.