Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You obtained the catmancer asterisk!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao this is the blue Mage. Awesome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
catmancer seems very strong, but I got loving wiped on the standard mobs in the next dungeon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here, even though I entered at the max suggested level, but that happens in every dungeon kinda. I should keep exploring but the OCD in me wants to go track down all available blue Mage skills right now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it because there's only like 2 because I don't currently have access to a way to confuse enemies afaik.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Same here, even though I entered at the max suggested level, but that happens in every dungeon kinda. I should keep exploring but the OCD in me wants to go track down all available blue Mage skills right now.

Iirc almost all the good ones aren't available until the second part of the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

loving lmao, I was doing a pretty good job of holding it together until that last line, jesus.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Super Rad posted:

loving lmao, I was doing a pretty good job of holding it together until that last line, jesus.
loving lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
anybody try the woff demo on psn? seems fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Im about to since you mentioned it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im playing it right now, its weird but might be cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished Bravely Second chapter 1. final boss for it was tricky, looking forward to getting the gun class in the enxt chapter (or later?)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

a Loving Dog posted:

How does it play? I saw a screenshot of it and it looked alright

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

How does it play? I saw a screenshot of it and it looked alright

the demo doesnt explain jack poo poo but its like final fanty pokemon. if you pull off certain per-monster conditions that you can see with libra in battle you get a chance to catch them and add them to your team (even the boss at the end). you stack the monsters on your head and you can unstack to control them all separately but the only time i did this was to catch something because i killed it in one hit when we were all stacked up. both of the different party members can have two different stacks, one for when they're normal size and one for when they're a cube baby. all the monsters are in different size classes, small medium and large and which ones you can use depend on if you're normal or a baby because you count as either medium or large depending. all the different monsters have like a mini sphere grid that uses points you get from level ups to teach them new abilities. enemies can stack up too and some moves have a chance to topple, like chocobo kick. if you wanna catch the boss and the lil baby cockatrice its holding you have to knock them down first. its kinda neat game mite be cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A big fat baby

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

the demo doesnt explain jack poo poo but its like final fanty pokemon. if you pull off certain per-monster conditions that you can see with libra in battle you get a chance to catch them and add them to your team (even the boss at the end). you stack the monsters on your head and you can unstack to control them all separately but the only time i did this was to catch something because i killed it in one hit when we were all stacked up. both of the different party members can have two different stacks, one for when they're normal size and one for when they're a cube baby. all the monsters are in different size classes, small medium and large and which ones you can use depend on if you're normal or a baby because you count as either medium or large depending. all the different monsters have like a mini sphere grid that uses points you get from level ups to teach them new abilities. enemies can stack up too and some moves have a chance to topple, like chocobo kick. if you wanna catch the boss and the lil baby cockatrice its holding you have to knock them down first. its kinda neat game mite be cool

wgat the christ

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's Final Fantasy! For Lightning's sake...

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the thread title makes it very clear what we're all talking about here

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I finished Bravely Second chapter 1. final boss for it was tricky, looking forward to getting the gun class in the enxt chapter (or later?)

Any tips?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I basically had 2 healers and 1 damage dealer each of magic and physical so I could balance the heads and withstand attacks

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, that's been my plan to match a mist and heal but I need to get my jobs together

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the baal music ftmfw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died one time to him because I had edea in Swordmaster and she countered and healed a worm which pissed me off.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bravely Second has a lot of cool broken job combos throughout the game and almost every job in the game can be really good

For a big chunk of midgame my most damaging character was Edea as Fencer/Hawkeye, Fencer's stance stuff is cool and strong and Hawkeye is just a combination of any skill a physical damage dealer would ever need and they combo together pretty well

Healing wise: if you do like, Raise+Mist you are immortal for the next 3 turns. Messes up your buffs and stuff though. Spellcraft is amazing but you have to have a secondary mage job, I kept swapping one of the chars between Wizard and different mage jobs

Patissier has some really good debuffs like making enemies weak to an element. Also it has a fire damage skill that attacks everyone and is really strong if you put it on a strong physical attacking class. Also hawkeye can apply any element to your attacks lol

Every sidequest job you miss you can get later

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
didnt much care for the world of final fantasy demo. the stacking stuff is fun , but its just so easy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

didnt much care for the world of final fantasy demo. the stacking stuff is fun , but its just so easy.
I think the whole game's probably going to be crazy easy, but I don't even care. It's super charming and I love it.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

i think its a budget/vita buy for me

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

goferchan posted:

Iirc almost all the good ones aren't available until the second part of the game

This is true except for white wind. White wind is one of the best healing skills in game and available the same dungeon you get the class in, iirc.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Should I play BD1 before 2 or will I get burned out? Is it one of those games where the sequel is just better in every way?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The first is a bit stronger plot wise (but not by much) and has a really annoying story mechanic in the second half. 2's tweaked the gameplay in a lot of great ways and has a story that's mostly standalone so you can start with it easily if you want.

Trying to play both is mostly likely going to cause burnout due to the story mechanic I mention about BD1 and the fact they recycle a LOT. May as well skip to the sequel if you're only going to play one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah BD2 is kinda like X-2 where they just reuse 90% of the map and add in extra dungeons, while having better gameplay

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
play all the games imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think the whole game's probably going to be crazy easy, but I don't even care. It's super charming and I love it.

the demo didnt really have much else but battles in it so i dono, its a little hard for me to tell from that. the little trailers in the treasure boxes at the end seemed nice though

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my calculator in fft now has all his moves. just need to go back and learn more magic now.

just started chapter 3 and i am clowning dudes. i've kept the main guy a squire but with double swords and he's a monster.

with this and ffviii i feel i'm getting better at jrpgs. kinda feel like trying chrono cross again after these are done

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just wanted to post that ff7 remake is gonna be insanely good. They can't gently caress it up. Imo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also I played the demo for lightning returns and it was badass. I should've bought it

And ff14 is a charming joy to play

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ff10 was loving incredible on release. It's still good and aged well but holy fuvk when it came out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally blue Mages in ff11 are so powerful they are sought after in lv99 parties and they get like 150 spells