Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

$1.25 mil this late in the game is a stupid waste of money.

Might help with the oncoming legal costs, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

uber_stoat posted:

Speak on that! Unpack it for us.

Welcome to SA by the way.

*I just want him to enlighten me. Darkly.

lol, click the little question mark button

also, her

I Killed GBS has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Oct 16, 2016

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

$1.25 mil this late in the game is a stupid waste of money.

Yeah this makes it clear he's keen on cheeto fascism while also being a really obviously bad investment that does nothing, it's like he wants to trash what's left of his own reputation.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Somfin posted:

Might help with the oncoming legal costs, though.

Trump already has his charitable foundation for that though :confused:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Peel posted:

Yeah this makes it clear he's keen on cheeto fascism while also being a really obviously bad investment that does nothing, it's like he wants to trash what's left of his own reputation.

Fuckboi that lucked into money bad at political investments? Why I never

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I like to imagine he's seeing how far he can go before Eliezer admits he's a Trump supporter

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Grace Baiting posted:

Trump already has his charitable foundation for that though :confused:

:iceburn:

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Peel posted:

A friend of mine (gay man from San Francisco) predicted that a lot of gay white men in California are ripe for conversion to Republicanism now that marriage equality is guaranteed. If the GOP manages to sufficiently distance itself from all the gay-bashing it did over the last 40 years, there are a lot of short-sighted rich gay men primed some good ol' FYGM.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

White men: the eternal scourge.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

e_angst posted:

A friend of mine (gay man from San Francisco) predicted that a lot of gay white men in California are ripe for conversion to Republicanism now that marriage equality is guaranteed. If the GOP manages to sufficiently distance itself from all the gay-bashing it did over the last 40 years, there are a lot of short-sighted rich gay men primed some good ol' FYGM.

Mike 'torture gay people until they commit suicide' Pence might be a small obstacle there.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I realize Pax is tilting at the windmill that is Gawker, but credit when credit is due to a stopped clock: There is no way in which Ken Bone's reddit career is newsworthy

Counterpoint: we would never have otherwise learned of the phrase 'beautiful human submarines'.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Darth Walrus posted:

Mike 'torture gay people until they commit suicide' Pence might be a small obstacle there.

Never forget that pretty much all republicans think that "the republicans are right except for [issue that affects me personally]."

You know, libertarians who think they're right, except they smoke pot. Or old people who think they're right except about ending social security. People are remarkably good at deluding themselves.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

e_angst posted:

I read a study or article or something somewhere that pointed out that blacks and latinos tend to match up with republicans value-wise and the only thing keeping them from aligning themselves with the GOP is the GOP's own masturbatory hatred of The Other.

To be clear this was talking about claimed values, not the republicans' actual values of "starve the poor and make them pay for the privilege"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Once Trump inevitably loses Mike Pence will be unable to complete the process of entering our universe from the hell plane and will revert from his current almost-corporeal state back into the barely visible ghost entity he was previously and everyone will forget any of this happened or that there ever was a Mike Pence

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

ate all the Oreos posted:

I read a study or article or something somewhere that pointed out that blacks and latinos tend to match up with republicans value-wise and the only thing keeping them from aligning themselves with the GOP is the GOP's own masturbatory hatred of The Other.

To be clear this was talking about claimed values, not the republicans' actual values of "starve the poor and make them pay for the privilege"
Yeah, there was an article by Ta-Nehisi Coates where he specifically noted that there are a shitload of black conservatives who love the bootstraps narrative and small government, but want nothing to do with the party of the Klan.
E: This one.

quote:

When political strategists argue that the Republican Party is missing a huge chance to court the black community, they are thinking of this mostly male bloc—the old guy in the barbershop, the grizzled Pop Warner coach, the retired Vietnam vet, the drunk uncle at the family reunion. He votes Democratic, not out of any love for abortion rights or progressive taxation, but because he feels—in fact, he knows—that the modern-day GOP draws on the support of people who hate him. This is the audience that flocks to Cosby: culturally conservative black Americans who are convinced that integration, and to some extent the entire liberal dream, robbed them of their natural defenses.

darthbob88 has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Oct 18, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ate all the Oreos posted:

Once Trump inevitably loses Mike Pence will be unable to complete the process of entering our universe from the hell plane and will revert from his current almost-corporeal state back into the barely visible ghost entity he was previously and everyone will forget any of this happened or that there ever was a Mike Pence

Ted Cruz, however, has already manifested.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Darth Walrus posted:

Ted Cruz, however, has already manifested.

That poo poo ain't sweat, it's ectoplasm.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
picturing Ted Cruz taking shape from a bloody pile of offal like that guy in hellraiser. Ted Cruz has no skin, he smiles his horrible smile and squelches wetly.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
ted cruz is a tapioca pudding elemental

Frogisis
Apr 15, 2003

relax brother relax
When he conceded the nomination I was disappointed he didn't turn back into a writhing pile of gulper eels.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Frogisis posted:

When he conceded the nomination I was disappointed he didn't turn back into a writhing pile of gulper eels.

Were you not watching the debates? He lost Trial By Stone to Trump and was stripped of his rainments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPv2I-mArD8

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

FYGM sells conservatism a bit short. It implies a kind of indifference to others, who may or may not have got theirs, but that's just neutral, centrist stuff.

True conservatism is more like, "gently caress You, I'll See To It That You Get Nothing."

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

I Killed GBS posted:

ted cruz is a tapioca pudding elemental

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Neoreaction a Basilisk update! tl;dr more stupid bullshit keeps happening, obviously Phil needs to remember to shout "CURSE YOU BASILISK" every time it does

Phil posted:

deathchrist2000 asked: How are the Color editions coming?

They’re coming. It looks like I’m not going to use a print on demand service for them, but actually do a limited print run that I’ll hand-mail. I need to lay out a new cover file for it this week and I should be on my way to getting a proof copy at that point.

The Sigil Editions are currently what’s a bit hosed. My source for the dot matrix printing fell through, and I haven’t found one. It not exactly being a standard service.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/788731993395695616

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Good to know that gay* rights are finally good enough that you can be a openly be gay and a huge racist like straight people do.

*white, male

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Tbf "Gay white dudes are lovely human beings" has been a thing since at least Stonewall and the formation of Pride.

Gay conservatives are why the big gay rights issue was same sex marriage and not queer homeless youth or transwomen being press ganged into sex work.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

divabot posted:

Neoreaction a Basilisk update! tl;dr more stupid bullshit keeps happening, obviously Phil needs to remember to shout "CURSE YOU BASILISK" every time it does

Even gladder with my decision to go colour, TBH. It's probably all in my head, but I've never actually had a POD book whose physical quality I was impressed with.

neongrey has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Oct 19, 2016

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Uber_stoat is new? Welcome!

More uber or more stoat, if you had to pick one?

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Uber, for stoats

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

neonnoodle posted:

Uber, for stoats

it's my arms

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
and I pay you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the original

rzzzzz

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

divabot posted:

They also put out an article on Trump. I read it, and it was rather grimly fascinating.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/basedmattforney/status/787906976231620608

In which a man who is literally ban-evading under his own name because twitter doesn't do poo poo with abusers and violators is under the impression that twitter cares about him.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Zemyla posted:

They also put out an article on Trump. I read it, and it was rather grimly fascinating.

The Trump article is awesome. Gone out to backers already or soon (I forget which) and public release next week.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
So... when trump loses, which of our regulars is going to be the most confused?

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900
St Rev. Clarkhat will be angry, but smart enough to blame the "deep state" for protecting itself. Rev strikes me as dumb enough to actually get invested in Trump's victory.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

https://twitter.com/basedmattforney/status/787906976231620608

In which a man who is literally ban-evading under his own name because twitter doesn't do poo poo with abusers and violators is under the impression that twitter cares about him.

this guy expects to be taken seriously and one of his recent tweets is telling Jon Favreau 'get rekt f****t'

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Razorwired posted:

Tbf "Gay white dudes are lovely human beings" has been a thing since at least Stonewall and the formation of Pride.

Gay conservatives are why the big gay rights issue was same sex marriage and not queer homeless youth or transwomen being press ganged into sex work.

"Gay white dudes are lovely human beings" has been a thing since ancient greece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dilbertman will absolutely be 100% shocked and devastated but play it off the next day by saying that Trump has masterfully escaped a no-win scenario and become more powerful than if he were actually president.