Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
So

Is sombra our yet what happened when the countdown was 100%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
The Sombra ARG is great. So little effort for so much shitstorm.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

There was tons of effort put into this, I'd bet. This is the same company that sat down and decided that the indian girl's spell should be a 25 health shield

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

VoLaTiLe posted:

So

Nothing

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

VoLaTiLe posted:

So

Blizzard was like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGMnmiqlss

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

strong bird posted:

There was tons of effort put into this, I'd bet. This is the same company that sat down and decided that the indian girl's spell should be a 25 health shield

It used to be a much larger amount but was overpowered; Symmetra got nerfed into her current form.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh that Mercy thing is a meimei.

I understand.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
What's next, taking the "30 confirmed kills" fakepost at face value? lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proposition Joe posted:

It used to be a much larger amount but was overpowered; Symmetra got nerfed into her current form.

Yeah she had (I think) 50 shields back in the day and the meta revolved around something ridiculous like two zenyattas, a Reinhardt, a Symmetra, and two assholes.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

There's gotta be a sad dude out there who has busted 30 confirmed nuts that he wishes were in witch Mercy's womb.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

sleppy posted:

There's gotta be a sad dude out there who has busted 30 confirmed nuts that he wishes were in witch Mercy's womb.

Yeah -- me!!!

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
I don't know if it's just been fixed or been fixed for a while, but sprays actually show up properly in highlight clips now!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah she had (I think) 50 shields back in the day and the meta revolved around something ridiculous like two zenyattas, a Reinhardt, a Symmetra, and two assholes.

First 75, then 50, then 25. It was also back in the day when Zen's orbs persisted without LoS restrictions so what actually happened is you'd toss Symmetra shields and Zen orbs on Tracers and Genjis and then hide in a corner somewhere while your health-boosted self-healing flankers did all the work.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

sleppy posted:

incredible

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kai Tave posted:

First 75, then 50, then 25. It was also back in the day when Zen's orbs persisted without LoS restrictions so what actually happened is you'd toss Symmetra shields and Zen orbs on Tracers and Genjis and then hide in a corner somewhere while your health-boosted self-healing flankers did all the work.

Well I was right about everything but the Reinhardt :v:

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
what do the letters A R and G stand for and what do they have to do with this alleged Sombra fellow everyone seems to be in a huff about?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Arbitrary random garbage

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Haha good one

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Constantine XI posted:

what do the letters A R and G stand for and what do they have to do with this alleged Sombra fellow everyone seems to be in a huff about?

alternate reality games according to google

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Why the gently caress is there a range limit on "Come to me for healing"??

I keep trying to tag people with it so they come back into my LOS but they're just out of range so I end up spamming "I need healing!" which is spectacularly worthless.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Does McCree's ult still give you 50% back if you cancel it early? I did it a couple times today but it always seemed to leave me at 0%.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Kai Tave posted:

This was also back when Genji did like 50% more damage than he does now, he was a nightmare in this comp. And the Zenyatta wouldn't entirely sit in a corner - someone had to sit on the point, and if anyone got close, stick a discord orb on the other teams' Genji. This was also when discord orb lasted until death, either Zenyatta's or his target's, so putting it on someone basically took them out of the game entirely.

It was a dark time in the comp meta.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Does McCree's ult still give you 50% back if you cancel it early? I did it a couple times today but it always seemed to leave me at 0%.

no

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What the gently caress

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah it's probably because McCree is the strongest dps character in the game by a huge margin, and his ult didn't need to be as insane as it was. Also that it was kind of arbitrary that he kept it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

If you're on Hollywood defense, claim in allchat that there's an easter egg for this map and if the players manage to destroy ALL pumpkins without killing any other player first, everyone in the match will get a free loot pumpkin.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

gnome7 posted:

This was also back when Genji did like 50% more damage than he does now, he was a nightmare in this comp. And the Zenyatta wouldn't entirely sit in a corner - someone had to sit on the point, and if anyone got close, stick a discord orb on the other teams' Genji. This was also when discord orb lasted until death, either Zenyatta's or his target's, so putting it on someone basically took them out of the game entirely.

It was a dark time in the comp meta.

All that said obviously the best way to deal with the issue of Symmetra's E ability being too powerful wasn't "nerf it into pointlessness, leave it is as a tedious exercise in busywork, call it good." Hopefully it'll be getting significantly overhauled when they change whatever it is they're changing about her.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Constantine XI posted:

Aha, Reddit! GOTCHA!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've played like 15 hours worth of quick play since the event started and have yet to play on Hollywood.

I seem to only get Numbani and Volskaya with the rare Eichenvalde.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The funny thing about the ARG is it started with a bunch of actual code and secret stuff that nobody actually ever solved - a base 64 string and a bunch of compass directions hidden in the summer games trailer. Basically everything else that got found was a result of some blizzard intern dropping more and more clues and random poo poo like that.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Floppychop posted:

I've played like 15 hours worth of quick play since the event started and have yet to play on Hollywood.

If you really want to see the map, just select it in a custom game.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Floppychop posted:

Same. I also don't earn loot boxes very fast I think I need to join groups for the bonus exp, makes a difference.

____

I also have switched to console competitive and have seemed to place gold :downs:

As a healer and occasional Zarya i need to learn a carrying hero because it sure is embarrassing to lose to Bastion + Reinhardt + Healer.

Maybe offense.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd say it's easier to climb as a healer because if you're a dps and not the best shot on your team, you're probably wasting your slot

technically being the correct meta choice doesn't amount to anything if you're garbage at it. that's why I never play mccree or ana in comp

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Kai Tave posted:

All that said obviously the best way to deal with the issue of Symmetra's E ability being too powerful wasn't "nerf it into pointlessness, leave it is as a tedious exercise in busywork, call it good." Hopefully it'll be getting significantly overhauled when they change whatever it is they're changing about her.

I'd try to somehow work her turrets into it. Like they still get 25 shield but the turrets can supercharge this to a higher amount if the player was in range (would drop back down to 25 if out of range /turret destroyed).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Playing as the correct meta choice also doesn't matter any other time unless your teammates are gonna cry at you about not playing an optimal hero for the whole match.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Congrats you found out on your own

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Congrats you found out on your own

Well what I was assuming was that they changed it so canceling it before a certain number of seconds left would reset it at 50, but I wasn't willing to waste a couple ults to find out for myself :effort:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I did the same and was going to get salty about it but then I realized that the ult charges faster now so it evens out

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mashing keys should let you wake up from Ana's sleep dart faster :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have engaged in the Ana meta of putting people to sleep and then either dropping some candy for them or showing them my daughter and I am never ever going to stop