Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Chill la Chill posted:

Which kind of marines are Jojo's Pillar Men?

one of the original lost chapters obv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Make your own, forge your narrative.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I sculpted some greenstuff pants for my muscleman model today

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Chill la Chill posted:

Custodes.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Looking for Custodes got me this so i guess you're spot on:

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Bistromatic posted:

Custodes, the Bridgets of 40k.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bistromatic posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about those. Maybe Moola needs some musclemen to play Custodes. Hmmm

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bistromatic posted:

Haha yeah, If the Emperor had a text to speech device has a running gag where Custodes are represented by JoJo's dudes and are all ~fabulous~

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Zaphod42 posted:

Haha yeah, If the Emperor had a text to speech device has a running gag where Custodes are represented by JoJo's dudes and are all ~fabulous~

Except for Kitten who is possibly the only character in the 40k universe who isn't a complete piece of poo poo.

Text to Speech is legit the best drat thing. I'm honestly surprised GW hasn't gotten it kicked off YouTube the way it did those Space Hulk cartoons that are now merely on Newgrounds. (Also one of the only things Flashgitz did that wasn't poo poo. But Iron Maiden makes everything better really so...)

The history of the 40k universe done as Japanese styled stick puppets? Yes thank you.

Also I now have that Flames of War Open Fire starter box on its way to my house because #tinypewtermen goons helpfully told me it's a way to have many tanks for Tanks! Why play GW when better and cheaper stuff is available? And I can paint German soldiers like Wolfenstein 3d guys.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Thirsty Dog posted:

Sister of Battle should be all about cool music and making really sarcastic bitchy comments. Have them be the don't-give-a-poo poo-what-you-think faction on the "good guy" side.

Bob haircut, red, black and white outfits, don't give a poo poo...

Yeah, checks out

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013
Excuse me, this is how real official modern Custodes look :colbert:

Coming soon to a Warhammer near you!

:negative:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

Just don't make dissertations about gender politics in 15 year old warhammer dollies

Actually yes go ahead and do exactly that.

I got a lot of praise (largely undeserved) in this thread for writing long posts about GW's finances. This is a much more interesting - and important - topic.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
custodes sound worse than sigmarines

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Captain Rufus posted:

Text to Speech is legit the best drat thing. I'm honestly surprised GW hasn't gotten it kicked off YouTube the way it did those Space Hulk cartoons that are now merely on Newgrounds. (Also one of the only things Flashgitz did that wasn't poo poo. But Iron Maiden makes everything better really so...)

I guess the secret is to give your show a name that is not a trademark of GW?

Carecalmo posted:

That's how they looked like before going a bit crazy.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

iirc that's a promo for 30k which takes place before the custodes went crazy and spent all their time cosplaying as spartans

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Where each Custode only graduated after personally stealing their new helmet from a Dark Reaper Exarch

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Moola posted:

Hah, joke's on you: Custodes are sigmarines. As in, I'll bet GW lazily re-uses their AoS sculpts, just swapping the head and slapping some Aquilae all over them in place of the twin-hammers/two-tailed-comets (although it'd be loving hilarious if they forgot one somewhere).

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

This is just perfect. I'm always noticing new details that are just great. :allears:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

Actually yes go ahead and do exactly that.

I got a lot of praise (largely undeserved) in this thread for writing long posts about GW's finances. This is a much more interesting - and important - topic.

The thing is that it doesn't exactly take a ton of effort to look at what GW's done with the Sisters lately and come away with the hot take "this loving sucks." I'll even go so far to say that it's actively gone downhill since they were first introduced even if it's never exactly been great because at least at one point GW wasn't paying someone real money to write stories about Sisters being murdered so space marines could wear them like a decorative accessory.

Iceclaw posted:

This is just perfect. I'm always noticing new details that are just great. :allears:

I'm the purity seal pasties.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lenoon posted:

No they really aren't - they're the purer than pure heroes of the setting. They're gods among men, they're this and that and the other and all of it insanely positive. They're not uncontrollably angry (except when they are and it's seen as a good thing). The cryptofascist wh40k is a bad place filled with bad people elements have gone. Whatever the body proportions they lack any element of loss of control, mostly lack any darker or negative characteristics at all that might make them more hulky.

That whooshing sound was the point going over your head that Space Marines are male fantasies (aka the Hulk) and not female fantasies (Chris Hemsworth's Thor).

Also there needs to be a Cho Aniki sequel where you get to fight the Pillar Men.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 18, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moola posted:

They sound nicer if you pronounce it like chodes

LordAba posted:

Also there needs to be a Cho Aniki sequel where you get to fight the Pillar Men.
Now this post is sexy enough for page 69.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Carecalmo posted:

I read "genetic art" as "generic art" at first. Made more sense that way, too.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
So they're basically Super-Saiyan Space Marines?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LordAba posted:

That whooshing sound was the point going over your head that Space Marines are male fantasies (aka the Hulk) and not female fantasies (Chris Hemsworth's Thor).

Blood angels are kinda like Thor though, to be fair.

Avenging Dentist posted:

So they're basically Super-Saiyan Space Marines?

Nah, more like 1st generation space marines, or demi-primarchs. Or emperor clones, but I mean they all kinda are to an extent...

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
I just mean they're gold and they're a level beyond Space Marines.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Custodes are first place, Grey Knights are second, every other Space Marine is bronze

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Avenging Dentist posted:

I just mean they're gold and they're a level beyond Space Marines.

Aha :haw:

Next is super custodes with no eyebrows.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah, more like 1st generation space marines, or demi-primarchs. Or emperor clones, but I mean they all kinda are to an extent...

so yes then?

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dale-Taco posted:

All this talk about female imperial guard troops made me wonder what they would look like if GW actually made them. Oh... Wait... miniskirts

Rogue Trader era female Imperial Guard:

This is the full extent of what they did during Rogue Trader. That's it for the ladies.
You can still stumble over them on ebay occasionally.

E:
What a great example :v:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Games-Workshop-Warhammer-40k-Imperial-Guard-Commissar-Female-Astra-Militarum-/301997402541

mcjomar fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 19, 2016

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

LordAba posted:

Oh, yeah that's a point. But Thor is also a male fantasy, Valhalla and Ragnarok and much Norse inspired legend is pretty much the malest of male fantasies. It's all hypermasculine and even the inevitable predicted death of the gods is incredibly badass.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Ilor posted:

Hah, joke's on you: Custodes are sigmarines. As in, I'll bet GW lazily re-uses their AoS sculpts, just swapping the head and slapping some Aquilae all over them in place of the twin-hammers/two-tailed-comets (although it'd be loving hilarious if they forgot one somewhere).

Sadly, not quite.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Looks like sigmarines when they're cutting instead of bulking to me.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Chill la Chill posted:

IDK, I think it's pretty telling how many people get uppity when anyone suggests analyzing the media we consume. I mean, there was that famous kickstarter that got the creator a whole bunch of death threats for talking about 101-level stuff.

Here's a tip:

People who care about gender politics in a British tabletop game are weird, regardless of what side they're on of the nonissue

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Hey guys, i guess we should just ignore sexism in this one corner of society, wouldn't want anyone to think that we're weird or that we care.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oh yea, as opposed to all the thoroughly normal people aggressively posting about poo poo games on a comedy forum.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
it's actually not weird at all if you discuss the topic like normal adult humans

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Normal human adults don't pay to post on a dead comedy forum. :v:

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Business Gorillas posted:

Here's a tip:

People who care about gender politics in a British tabletop game are weird, regardless of what side they're on of the nonissue

Lurker popping in to inform you that this is an incredibly lovely and regressive attitude that is used to stonewall actual discussions of real (if relatively minor) issues in our society. Don't be That Guy.

People itt who have opinions on gender politics in tabletop gaming: :justpost:, it's a discussion worth having, and one that people in most other places are too 'uncomfortable' to have!

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Ilor posted:

(O____o)

lenoon posted:

Oh, yeah that's a point. But Thor is also a male fantasy, Valhalla and Ragnarok and much Norse inspired legend is pretty much the malest of male fantasies. It's all hypermasculine and even the inevitable predicted death of the gods is incredibly badass.

In the grim future of Ragnarok, there is only war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Dale-Taco posted:

All this talk about female imperial guard troops made me wonder what they would look like if GW actually made them. Oh... Wait... miniskirts

The trooper with the rocket launcher is also a lady. Probably the most progressive one they've made, since her uniform is indistinguishable from other Catachans and she has a practical pose.

• Locked thread