Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

My favorite part other than Goku trying to learn the Mafuba was Beerus learning about Goku Black's origin. 'That's why they had the same ki - welp, mystery solved! :byewhore:'

The last scene was very interesting though I wonder what Beerus and Gowasu is leading to. If Beerus goes to the future to fight a fused Zamasu this will be the best arc in Dragonball.

He's going to get the potara and travel to them with a time ring only to learn that they've fused before and don't like it but then they have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whether in this arc of the next my kokoro wish is that we get a bit where Whis actually tries at fighting.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

Whether in this arc of the next my kokoro wish is that we get a bit where Whis actually tries at fighting.

Has Whis ever actually tried at fighting? Any time he fights he looks bored and completely owns his opponent.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Whis is supposed to be even stronger than Beerus so I doubt we're going to see him cut loose until much later on

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Whis is supposed to be even stronger than Beerus so I doubt we're going to see him cut loose until much later on

He also has the power to reverse time, so it would be like fighting Hit X1000 if he actually cut loose.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He can only do that once a few months.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

My favorite part other than Goku trying to learn the Mafuba was Beerus learning about Goku Black's origin. 'That's why they had the same ki - welp, mystery solved! :byewhore:'

The last scene was very interesting though I wonder what Beerus and Gowasu is leading to. If Beerus goes to the future to fight a fused Zamasu this will be the best arc in Dragonball.

Only if Beerus dies, terrified and alone.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've just gotten to the Ginyu Force episodes and come across something else I had forgotten - Guru tells Nail to go and help Krillin, Gohan and Vegeta fight them. I wonder if he could have beaten any of them. That might have been a cool fight.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've just gotten to the Ginyu Force episodes and come across something else I had forgotten - Guru tells Nail to go and help Krillin, Gohan and Vegeta fight them. I wonder if he could have beaten any of them. That might have been a cool fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-hdxds3V-0

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wheat Loaf posted:

Probably Nail's power level was 42,000. All of the Ginyu Force members were around 40,000 (Except Guldo who was weaker and Ginyu who was much stronger) and Nail likely has better control over Ki and such. If he had arrived to help against Racoome he likely would have beaten him with some difficulty before being beaten by the Burter, Jeice tag team.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What if scenarios for Dragon Ball are fun to imagine.

What if Piccolo had managed to kill Raditz without killing Goku? Does everyone die now against Nappa and Vegeta if Goku hasn't trained with King Kai?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

"[/spoiler posted:

Raxivace" post="465499263"]

What if Piccolo had managed to kill Raditz without killing Goku? Does everyone die now against Nappa and Vegeta if Goku hasn't trained with King Kai?

What if Piccolo decided to play as The Great Saiyaman?

Just kidding, I've seen that comic scenario already :allears:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

they only went there because piccolo mentioned goku would be brought back with the dragon balls so my guess is that would have been the end of it then and there

rip namek

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

What if Piccolo decided to play as The Great Saiyaman?

Just kidding, I've seen that comic scenario already :allears:

Did that ever end?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

Did that ever end?

I don't think so? Dunno man, it's been years since I read it off some imgur link

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

they only went there because piccolo mentioned goku would be brought back with the dragon balls so my guess is that would have been the end of it then and there

rip namek

Frieza only went to Namek because he apparently heard Vegeta and Nappa talking about Piccolo being Namekian through the scouters when discussing the Dragon Balls.

Well, assuming nothing else happens until Gero decides to pop out his Androids, he doesn't have Frieza DNA to integrate into them. Presumably they might still wipe out Goku and co. No Vegeta for Bulma to parent Trunks with, maybe Goku could still go Super Saiyan but the heart virus will still kill him. Cell would likely be way less dangerous without Frieza's ability to survive massive, MASSIVE injury combined with Piccolo's regeneration.

If they make it through all that, Babidi still arrives to revive Buu, and among his henchmen is a guy who was at least Perfect Cell's level. So everyone's probably pretty loving dead at this point.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I thought the only reason to include Frieza in Cell's design was that he could breathe in space; couple that with his colossal power and that's where the list ends.

I dunno about this 'survive massive wounds' as a Frieza thing, seems more like a natural end result of having a DNA Saiyan/Frost/Namek cocktail for your genetic coding.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

I thought the only reason to include Frieza in Cell's design was that he could breathe in space; couple that with his colossal power and that's where the list ends.

I dunno about this 'survive massive wounds' as a Frieza thing, seems more like a natural end result of having a DNA Saiyan/Frost/Namek cocktail for your genetic coding.

Freezer was brought back to life as a pile of shredded flesh and was still alive

He survived an extended period of time where the only thing even vaguely solid was An eye.

He is the king of bullshit alien biology

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Frieza can't regrow appendages so I'd say namekians hold that crown tightly

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

Frieza can't regrow appendages so I'd say namekians hold that crown tightly

Frieza is to important to regrow his own appendages, like some peasant. He has people to do that for him.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
More over, a Namekian can be killed by having their neck snapped, or with enough internal injury

Freezerman can survive literally losing half of his head along with 70% of his body.

That's what he gives Cell- the ability to survive the poo poo he can regenerate from

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

More over, a Namekian can be killed by having their neck snapped, or with enough internal injury

Freezerman can survive literally losing half of his head along with 70% of his body.

That's what he gives Cell- the ability to survive the poo poo he can regenerate from

But Piccolo was able to regenerate from being a pile of gore, when Trunks smashed him as a statue.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

But Piccolo was able to regenerate from being a pile of gore, when Trunks smashed him as a statue.

I

What?

When did that happen?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

I

What?

When did that happen?

Buu saga

Dabura turned him to stone, enter Kid Trunks with a 'what does this button do?' mentality, green humpty dumpty has a great fall.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Piccolo was able to regenerate after being shattered because his head remained intact.

Cell's regenerative core was also said to be in his head but Goku vaporised the entire upper half of his body and he shrugged it off so Toriyama only knows (and doesn't care) what's up with that.

EDIT: oh, and this guy's in Xenoverse 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLTGzjV2III&feature=youtu.be

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 19, 2016

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Piccolo was able to regenerate after being shattered because his head remained intact.

Cell's regenerative core was also said to be in his head but Goku vaporised the entire upper half of his body and he shrugged it off so Toriyama only knows (and doesn't care) what's up with that.

EDIT: oh, and this guy's in Xenoverse 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLTGzjV2III&feature=youtu.be

Cell can move his core around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Parrotine posted:

Buu saga

Dabura turned him to stone, enter Kid Trunks with a 'what does this button do?' mentality, green humpty dumpty has a great fall.

Only his torso broke. His upper half remained intact.

Edit just checked it was not even that bad. His arms broke off and he got cracked around his body. But his statue was pretty much completely intact.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 19, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kurui Reiten posted:

If they make it through all that, Babidi still arrives to revive Buu, and among his henchmen is a guy who was at least Perfect Cell's level.

Gohan was a poor imitation of his younger self when he fought Dabura evenly.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gohan with one arm due to him taking a shot without blocking so he could rescue Vegeta still had more power than Super Perfect Cell (and was scared to release it until he got the pep talk). And out of practice one being about equal makes enough sense.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Here is a picture from the manga:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Darko posted:

Glad they are aware that everyone loved Goku and Piccolo driving. Beerus needs a Postboy shirt through.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Darko posted:

I love that Trunks finished in first and Future Trunks finished second.

He's still got it :3:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 19, 2016

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Poor Future Trunks being demoted to T2

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm watching Dragonball for the first time with my wife, and some of this is just bizarre.. She's seen all of DBZ Kai, but the goofy level of Dragonball is off the charts. What's the story with the Jackie Chun song and dance routine at the tournament? And how in the hell did Pilaf amass any sort of fortune to begin with?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I'm watching Dragonball for the first time with my wife, and some of this is just bizarre.. She's seen all of DBZ Kai, but the goofy level of Dragonball is off the charts. What's the story with the Jackie Chun song and dance routine at the tournament? And how in the hell did Pilaf amass any sort of fortune to begin with?

Roshi is kind of dumb for an invincible martial arts master, that's why. And Pilaf's an emperor, silly. Of course he already had money.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've always liked the revelation that he got Mai and Shu from a want ad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Last Celebration posted:

Roshi is kind of dumb for an invincible martial arts master, that's why. And Pilaf's an emperor, silly. Of course he already had money.

I'm just lucky she laughs everything off, or at least accepts it as being stupid. We just finished FMA: Brotherhood, so this is a bit of a step down.

Has anyone counted how many times Yamcha says "Wolf Fang Fist" in the anime? Good loving lord, it's like that's all he can talk about.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rodyle posted:

I've always liked the revelation that he got Mai and Shu from a want ad.

Wanted: paramilitary force/straight men. Only weird Soviet ladies and dogs need apply. Competitive benefit package.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
And yet they're still so loyal to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well Shu's got a job and Mai probably got another 35 years added to her life because of him.

• Locked thread