Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I bought Star Fox Zero because you can get it for $20 new - it's good! The controls really aren't nearly as bad as everyone says. Although to be fair to the critics - if I'd spent a full $60 on this thing I'd probably be a little grumpy.

Popping in a new wii u title makes me nostalgic for 2014 when nintendo was dropping lots REALLY good poo poo :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Polo-Rican posted:

I bought Star Fox Zero because you can get it for $20 new - it's good! The controls really aren't nearly as bad as everyone says. Although to be fair to the critics - if I'd spent a full $60 on this thing I'd probably be a little grumpy.

Popping in a new wii u title makes me nostalgic for 2014 when nintendo was dropping lots REALLY good poo poo :(

2014 was a magical time. It'll be nice when soon enough Nintendo is back to announcing cool things again.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

E3 2014 singlehandedly killed the wii u hate thread.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I wish E3 2016 killed this thread! Where's the NX?!?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hace posted:

I wish E3 2016 killed this thread! Where's the NX?!?

In the underserving hands of children working at Foxconn.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That was awesome.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Spoilers, all they will do at their investor conference is say if the NX is on schedule or delayed. They aren't going to give any details until next year.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

Spoilers, all they will do at their investor conference is say if the NX is on schedule or delayed. They aren't going to give any details until next year.

Eh, at this point Nintenda acknowledging the NX exists is a big deal.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

Given the complete lack of news, either of those "announcements" would be newsworthy. I'd lean towards it's delayed.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

greatn posted:

Popplio is now the official Nintendo Seal of Quality

i agree with this, I love popplio and its evolutions

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

im looking forward to the "nx reveal" on the 28th to be just as exciting as the amomentincrime countdown hitting 100% yesterday

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Boten Anna posted:

im looking forward to the "nx reveal" on the 28th to be just as exciting as the amomentincrime countdown hitting 100% yesterday

the sombra thing at least had a countdown, this is just speculation about nothing

Instant Sunrise posted:

E3 2014 was what convinced me to buy a Wii U.

don't really regret it

:same:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

don't really regret it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It didn't just kill it, it convinced a lot of its posters (including me) to buy a Wii U.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I have a Wii U with like one game. What are the good Wii U games?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Wonderful 101

Boy I can't wait for next week's NX Direct to be as awesome as E3 2014 and surprise us with all sorts of new games for the console's launch window. :ohdear:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

the sombra thing at least had a countdown, this is just speculation about nothing

:same:

who needs official countdown clocks just keep making up your own continually

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

don't really regret it

Yep, I purchased mine after that as well and it was a great time. A real shame that e3 2015 was the inverse version of that and basically was the end. Oh well.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ColdPie posted:

I have a Wii U with like one game. What are the good Wii U games?

Splatoon. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD. Mario Kart 8. Bayonetta 2.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

dont forget smash 4 and tokyo mirage sessions though CONTENT WARNING on tms its lethally anime but fun anyway

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

dont forget smash 4 and tokyo mirage sessions though CONTENT WARNING on tms its lethally anime but fun anyway

i partially bought tms out of spite for all the weirdo nerds complaining about censorship, but it's actually a really good game.

and yeah it is anime as hell.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
TMS was so good and the fact you basically get anime music videos as rewards for progressing owned.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Can't forget Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, or Mario Maker.

I'm working through some of my backlog, I just beat Kirby 64 the other night. I liked combining powers but I'm just not huge on Kirby games where the movesets don't have the same kind of depth Super Star and Triple Deluxe have.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

i partially bought tms out of spite for all the weirdo nerds complaining about censorship, but it's actually a really good game.

and yeah it is anime as hell.

the "censorship" is a really really good thing because holy hell without it i think that loving game would have hit an ld50 of anime

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Don't forget donkey kong tropical freeze and xenoblade chronicles x. Those are also pretty decent games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would probably buy TMs if it had off screen play, but I only have one tv in a house with a kid and a wife who also watch it, so I'd never be able to play through the game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sprite141 posted:

Don't forget donkey kong tropical freeze and xenoblade chronicles x. Those are also pretty decent games.

"pretty decent" tropical freeze is the best wii u game, edging out a pretty long list of already A+ games

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its OK

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

wii u games i own:
  • super mario 3d world
  • nintendoland
  • smash 4
  • mario kart 8
  • bayonetta 1 & 2
  • hyrule warriors
  • splatoon
  • mario maker
  • dkc: tf
  • twilight princess hd
  • starfox zero
  • some humble bundle that gave me a bunch of indie games on the eshop
  • hashtag fe
  • yoshi's wooly world
  • xenoblade chronicles x
  • wind waker hd
  • captain toad treasure tracker
that's not even including regular wii games i bought after i got my wii u like kirby's epic yarn and okami

but these are all really good games

the wii u is a good system

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 19, 2016

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Nobody's mentioned Pikmin 3 yet, which is a crime

Question about NX stuff: nintendo could probably reveal the thing two months in advance and scrape together enough marketing in that time. What do they gain by doing that, though? Why not announce it well in advance? Does anyone in this thread have a remotely plausible explanation?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Boten Anna posted:

who needs official countdown clocks just keep making up your own continually

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

youcallthatatwist posted:

Nobody's mentioned Pikmin 3 yet, which is a crime

Question about NX stuff: nintendo could probably reveal the thing two months in advance and scrape together enough marketing in that time. What do they gain by doing that, though? Why not announce it well in advance? Does anyone in this thread have a remotely plausible explanation?

Black Friday and Christmas

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

their gonna go reveal the nx on november 2nd please look forward to it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Boten Anna posted:

their gonna go reveal the nx on november 2nd please look forward to it

its gonna be february

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

its gonna be february

oh i know that but we can squeeze a good 4 or 5 countdown clocks in there in the meantime

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

at this point, if nintendo announces the NX before the new year, it'll probably holiday sales of wii u & 3ds games even more

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

I wish Captain Toad would've been adapted for the 3DS. That kind of game would be perfect to play on the go in short bursts.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Boten Anna posted:

oh i know that but we can squeeze a good 4 or 5 countdown clocks in there in the meantime

countdown until i punch you in the face, nerd :mad:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

countdown until i punch you in the face, nerd :mad:

t minus not if i stuff you in a locker first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NeoGAF posted:

Really Nintendo?

Really?

Your really doing this?

All I ask is a simple reveal of a huge investment of $200-$300 system to be shown a bit more than FIVE loving MONTHS BEFORE ITS RELEASED.

I need to plan my loving spending schedule, but no, you can't even give me that. You have to be so loving mean to me about me wanting to know what I'll be spending five months ahead of time.

I mean, what went wrong? I have supported you all my life. I have loved and cherished you, and when I like to plan exactly what I'm buying a year ahead, you can't even do that FIVE FUCKNG MONTHS AHEAD? ARE YOU loving SERIOUS??

Well this is it. All games I was gonna get paid off. Now I save. Save and sacrifice so many games I'll miss for a imaginary system that supposedly exists, yet theres no evidence of it existing. I will still believe in you even if it costs me Persona 5.

So now Nintendo, faith has evolved to full blind faith. So show it...please?

Love you, WiiRevolution1.

*Goes back to playing Splatoon.*

• Locked thread