Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I really do wonder if they'll be cynical enough to do a Gen 1 remake for their new console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mr. Funktastic posted:

The rat, or at least close enough to one

he's pretty clearly a mustelid though :shrug:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

That's probably why people don't put much stock into the "Fire starters are based on the Chinese zodiac" theory.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm sad, the tauros theme isn't a good song to listen for a long period of time. I miss the comfy bike themes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hate the bike themes because i want to listen to the city/route music and not the same song all the time

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

i hate the bike themes because i want to listen to the city/route music and not the same song all the time

the old games solved this problem by changing the music when you changed routes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The riding partner pokemon are kinda weird choices overall imo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They found a new Pokeball that looks like it's specifically for Ultra Beasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh7RNb_PK1c

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zore posted:

The riding partner pokemon are kinda weird choices overall imo.

Even the one that's a horse?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

mabels big day posted:

They found a new Pokeball that looks like it's specifically for Ultra Beasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh7RNb_PK1c

I think this actually might lend more credence to UBs being a really special mechanic and not a "general use" pokemon. like maybe those special balls are how you defeat them

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Jables88 posted:

Is the framerate stuff better on the N3DS?

A little, though Poke Finder still runs at a glorious 5 fps.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
My A button thanks gamefreak for getting rid of HMs.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Has anyone found out the typing of the new Pokémon?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Also, it seems the new use of the D-pad is exclusively to use registered Poke Rides for quick use. Probably also for key items as well, since Y is now the button to open the Poke Ride menu.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Looking forward to destroying fools who desperately deny the usability of ultra beasts with my friends musclesquito and electro guzma

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Here is a interview that gamexplain did with Junichi Masuda and Shigeru Ohmo for Sun and Moon.

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-1375-1476888928-full-interview-with-the-pokmon-sun--moon-developers.html

And a video for a short ver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ght1eKVl070

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 19, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

No good-guy turn for Team Skull it sounds like

quote:

So I think the reason for the design--their exaggerated gestures and whatnot is that we always think of it from more of a kid’s perspective--we want it to be comical but also easily convey that these guys are bad guys or something. So they definitely are the bad guys, they do bad things, but we also wanted to have a bit of humor in there make it easier to understand that they’re the bad guys.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

No, that data was scrubbed. All pokemon's base stats and typings not in demo were replaced with Pikachu's and all non-demo move data with Pound's. Also the evolution connections were deleted.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Waffles Inc. posted:

No good-guy turn for Team Skull it sounds like

...they're the bad guys... until they become the good guys.

I trust in team skull.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

We do know the new TM list, though we have no idea what the 3 new moves are. Also Dig lost TM status in favor of Leech Life (????) so that's a thing.

I am also annoyed Struggle Bug and Incinerate lost TM status, they were decent early game TMs that added desperately needed coverage for the tons of special fire and bug types that get gently caress all for level-up moves. Especially since they were buffed to usability literally last gen.

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 19, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They were like 30BP unless gen 6 buffed them. Way too weak for when you got it from Burgh, that's for sure.

E: I hate being beaten by an edit. :saddowns:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

They were like 30BP unless gen 6 buffed them. Way too weak for when you got it from Burgh, that's for sure.

They were both 50 in Gen 6.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Scald is still a TM annoyingly.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope they buff Leech Life to 60 BP

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Leech Life to 120 BP heals 100%

Bug Type Supremacy

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I hope they buff Leech Life to 60 BP

i hope they dont so that we can just have a completely inexplicable leech life tm

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there should be no tms. or tutors. only level up and egg moves

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Power Up Punch isn't a TM anymore. :rip: Mega Kangaskhan.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting the feeling that Ultra Beasts aren't transformed people, just extradimensional creatures that model themselves after the first thing they see. Probably some tie-in with the whole Ash Greninja thing

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Embargo should be buffed to affect the whole enemy team for a certain number of turns (5) instead of just a single target that can switch out of the effect.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ultra Beasts are Pokémon that turned themselves into people.

Evidence:

Ya boy Guzma.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
guzmabeast is summoned while the man himself is tangled in a bunch of wires trying to plug his stolen Aether Foundation computers in

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Eox posted:

I'm getting the feeling that Ultra Beasts aren't transformed people, just extradimensional creatures that model themselves after the first thing they see. Probably some tie-in with the whole Ash Greninja thing

i wonder who the mosquito man is, maybe the scientist from The Fly is experimenting on alola

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Power Up Punch isn't a TM anymore. :rip: Mega Kangaskhan.

Transfers and the inevitable move tutor in Shining Diamond/Reflective Pearl seem to make this pretty irrelevant.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Scald is the best move

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

there should be no tms. or tutors. only level up and egg moves

move tutoring should be a skill that you as a trainer can learn and level up

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
tms, hms and items that teach moves in general should be axed. make it a thing you level as a trainer or something else

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

sharrrk posted:

move tutoring should be a skill that you as a trainer can learn and level up

it'd be neat if it were a feature of Amie

give your friend some snuggles and then you can teach them a move

it'd be awesome

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jables88 posted:

Is the framerate stuff better on the N3DS?

I have a N3DS and have not encountered any framerate issues in the demo, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I played it on my Old 3DS and I didn't feel like it was slow at all. v:confused:v