Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Did Lieutenant go out already?

E: Huh, ok cool! Maybe I was in the no notification wave.

moths fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

moths posted:

Did Lieutenant go out already?

A decent number have, no real way of knowing how many are left to go out, but there are some people reporting that they still have not gotten them yet.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

TTerrible posted:

Got carded by Royal Mail this morning and I have nothing other than dropfleet due to arrive.

Spaceships tomorrow I hope :ohdear:

STATE YOUR PLEDGE LEVEL AND BACKER NUMBER SO THAT I CAN FEED INTO A PREDICTIVE ALGORITHM BASED ON THE MEANIGNFUL INFORMATION I THINK I KNOW FROM MONITORING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID ON FACEBOOK AND SO DETERMINE WHEN MY PLEDGE WILL ARRIVE!!!

Because that's how it works now.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Pash posted:

I would not be too worried yet, plenty of people have not gotten stuff even from the groups that seem to have had more of their stuff shipped. There is a local lieutenant that has not gotten anything either. I myself am waiting on 2 commodore pledges, one of which has zero add-ons.

Eh, I'm probably just stressing because it's one more detail I have to be concerned about as I start to pack up my apartment. Also just had some rear end in a top hat rent scammer try to lead me on, wasting my time...

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

YF19pilot posted:

Eh, I'm probably just stressing because it's one more detail I have to be concerned about as I start to pack up my apartment. Also just had some rear end in a top hat rent scammer try to lead me on, wasting my time...

Ah, moving is tough.... It's too bad its so far behind schedule, lot more people might have issues with this because of it.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
If you're worried because you're moving shoot them an email with a big URGENT or something in the subject. They still seems to respond to actually important stuff even with everyone slaving away in the warehouses.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

STATE YOUR PLEDGE LEVEL AND BACKER NUMBER SO THAT I CAN FEED INTO A PREDICTIVE ALGORITHM BASED ON THE MEANIGNFUL INFORMATION I THINK I KNOW FROM MONITORING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID ON FACEBOOK AND SO DETERMINE WHEN MY PLEDGE WILL ARRIVE!!!

omg why is my ks late im basically a shareholder :smuggo:

(not directed at you, gonna post some pics and vids of my games tomorrow on there to wind the FB groups up)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ugleb posted:

COMMODORE

BACKER NUMBER: 93

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

TTerrible posted:

COMMODORE

BACKER NUMBER: 93

DATA INPUTTED! KICKSTARTER SHIPPING TO BE COMPLETED ON THURSDAY 32ND OCTUBER!

If Hawk miss this date we commenced class action lawsuit for fraud.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Loxbourne posted:

Not only is it in, but each faction gets a small section in their technology page discussing what they use for nukes. Except the PHR, who get speculation on what they might do with nukes.

Neat, can't wait to see!

So my Admiral order is incoming. 35 pounds. POUNDS. 35 of them. I may have gone a little insane. Though it is helped that one of my friends is grabbing all of the PHR.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

LordAba posted:

Neat, can't wait to see!

So my Admiral order is incoming. 35 pounds. POUNDS. 35 of them. I may have gone a little insane. Though it is helped that one of my friends is grabbing all of the PHR.

Nice. Still no word on my Commander order, but I figured when I made additional orders via the pledge manager it might mess things up a bit.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Nothing on my Commodores as well, although i hear things are once again going out without notification, so here's hoping...

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

I was backer #8 and decided to cancel my pledge for some reason, only to decide to back it again later and am now at backer #4456, which puts me 500 places past the total number of backers. With that in mind, I'm not getting my hopes up before 2018. That'll teach me to be indecisive.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Got my starter tonight. High quality maps, dig the look ofn the rulebook. Models look easy to put together. So looking forward to digging through the rule book and figuring out which models i must assemble first

The hype is loving real

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
You know, I actually don't know what my pledge number is. Ah well, just going to chill and be patient about things.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

YF19pilot posted:

You know, I actually don't know what my pledge number is. Ah well, just going to chill and be patient about things.

Huh. You may actually be a reasonably well adjusted person who is not obsessed with cracking the davinci code that Hawk have sewn into the very fabric of the interwebs.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

For bonus nerd watching points, today facebook offers up this guy:

quote:

So im kinda pissed right now! Well guys retailers have DFC earlier than backers and of course starter actually comes in proper boxes. So why the hell bother to back Hawks KS?

Another wonderful example of people understanding what kickstarter is actually intended to be used for.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Traded my friend Kickstarter UCM for more PHR, 12 Frigates, 5 Cruisers and the KS Battlecruiser :getin:

For the frigates I'm thinking:

8x Europa
2x Medea
2x Calypso

And for cruisers:

3x Orion
1x Orpheus
1x Bellerophon

Then the battlecruiser is the Leonidas.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
The FB group is pretty unreadable right now. Between that guy above and the one posting "AMAZING DEALS FOR EVERYONE WHO WASN'T DUPED BY THE KICKSTARTER" it's getting a bit worrying.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Loxbourne posted:

The FB group is pretty unreadable right now. Between that guy above and the one posting "AMAZING DEALS FOR EVERYONE WHO WASN'T DUPED BY THE KICKSTARTER" it's getting a bit worrying.

At least this guys UCM scheme looks awesome.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That guys UCM is helping me decide which of my cruiser panels to do my light grey in. Quite fancy it on the BTL mounts, I wasn't sure if it would look too busy or not.

The guys kicking off about the lack of a retail box blows my mind, like who loving cares?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

That guys UCM is helping me decide which of my cruiser panels to do my light grey in. Quite fancy it on the BTL mounts, I wasn't sure if it would look too busy or not.

The guys kicking off about the lack of a retail box blows my mind, like who loving cares?

I was going to go with a mostly grey UCM... this guy has me rethinking and now I'm thinking something along the lines of a Blue Sub 6 Scheme:

I also have no idea why people care so much about the box... its like somehow all the freebies are not worth it if we don't have a box with cool pictures...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I actually wish I was getting a box so I could list it on ebay for £10 plus postage starting bid. I have the feeling someone would actually buy it. I might even get bidders if I start it at £5!

If not, we get to watch facebook raging about it.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I've been doing some conversions with my starter box: A Light Cruiser with a shortened "neck" and a San Francisco without the lower hull. Gonna do the third cruiser in the box as another light and then it's back to waiting for my pledge.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

While I am pretty hyped about getting my pile of stuff, I am ok waiting a bit because I know I won't have time to paint anytime soon. Also my friend and I were splitting two orders and the little one got here first, so I have plenty of frigates to assemble in the mean time.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What are people making out of the 2 player starter?
I can't decide on good "starter" fleet to show case the game. So much i want to make but unsure

I'm waiting on my second 2 player set and 2 shaltari starters to really dig deeper here. That's going to raise a lot more questions on what to make with those as well

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I can't decide on good "starter" fleet to show case the game. So much i want to make but unsure

I'm waiting on my second 2 player set and 2 shaltari starters to really dig deeper here. That's going to raise a lot more questions on what to make with those as well

I think the suggested fleets (the ones on the box) are supposed to be fairly well balanced.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Wayland has starter and fleet boxes out on the shelves in force. I saw no in person rage. A sad night.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dark sphere too, if I hadn't received my pledge earlier in the month I'd have been bemused.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I don't have mine. The card mentioned before turned out to be another kickstarter I'd forgotten about.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What Pash said the two starter fleets are good choices but I'm a bit shakey on how good I think the Berlin and Ifrit are for expanding into full sized navies.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do we know if Hawk is planning a FFoR style app for Dropfleet? Because that would be awesome. I vaguely recall rumors of an iPhone app, but I assume that's been held up by dropfleet trouble?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

The rules app is stuck in development hell with a subcontractor from what Dave has said in the past. As Hawk are not making it in house, Dropfleet shouldn't be an issue unless they have been adding features I guess.

Important distinction though, it is not really meant to be an army builder like FFoR. Unless that plan changed at some point. FFoR is a community built tool and Hawk like that being a thing and didn't want to compete with it, which is fine so long as it is supported I guess.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugleb posted:

The rules app is stuck in development hell with a subcontractor from what Dave has said in the past. As Hawk are not making it in house, Dropfleet shouldn't be an issue unless they have been adding features I guess.

Important distinction though, it is not really meant to be an army builder like FFoR. Unless that plan changed at some point. FFoR is a community built tool and Hawk like that being a thing and didn't want to compete with it, which is fine so long as it is supported I guess.

Hawk really needs to get better at picking subcontractors I guess. (Insert your own British industry joke here.)

My preorder of a PHR starter fleet has arrived (before my kickstarter of course) which is kind of a problem because I wanted to paint those last.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wdarkk posted:

Hawk really needs to get better at picking subcontractors I guess. (Insert your own British industry joke here.)

I wonder if the subcontract was outsourced.... TO INDIA.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

A dropzone model so large, it could've been in dropfleet!

I love washes so, so much

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Frobbe posted:

A dropzone model so large, it could've been in dropfleet!

I love washes so, so much

Hell yeah. What washes are those?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

wdarkk posted:

Hell yeah. What washes are those?

Basecoat is CItadel Ironbreaker, the purple is Citadel Druchii violet and the blue is Citadel Drakenhof nightshade. it's so easy!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That gribbly is looking cool Frobbe!

Got a 600pt game sunday with some buddies to get some learning games in before our league starts on Tuesday at 600pts, my list I think I might roll with week 1:

quote:

BATTLEGROUP ALPHA
Pathfinder
SR - 4
4x Toulon-Class Frigate (35/140)
140pts

BATTLEGROUP BRAVO
Line
SR - 7
2x New Orleans Strike Carrier (32/64)
1x Seattle-Class Cruiser (132)
196pts

BATTLEGROUP CHARLIE
Line
SR - 5
1x Rio-Class Cruiser (105/105)
105pts

BATTLEGROUP DELTA
Vanguard
SR - 10
1x Saint Petersburg-Class Heavy Cruiser (155)
155pts

596pts

The Saint Peters is quite clunky at this point scale but my god it does some hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Ahhhhh! My 3x PHR starters, Vallejo Gloss Black primer, Vallejo Metal Color Steel and Aluminum are being shipped today!

:supaburn: