Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like 6 games in a row of people insta locking Rat and Widow on attack and saying I'm bout to carry this bitch! and then getting instantly murdered and leaving voice chat and continuing to play those characters. 'Twas epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I ended it with 2 games where I sort of had epiphanies about playing Lucio and Ana so it wasn't Pure AIDS.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Though I ended it with 2 games where I sort of had epiphanies about playing Lucio and Ana so it wasn't Pure AIDS.

Please share ..... it's pretty hard not to be at least somewhat useful with Lucio but I still feel like I'm not using him to his full potential, and I still have noooo idea mwhat I'm doing with Ana

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IMO if you play Lucio you gotta be willing to get on the ones and twos and tell everyone how to play and when to push, when to get away from an ult, when to chase someone down, etc. And you have to consider the psychological effect you have when you change to speed mode and stuff like that. People are gonna respond to "Push push kill that guy" or whatever when all of a sudden they're moving faster for example. Ana I think it pays to be about as aggressive as your tanks are being, though I'm still experimenting with her lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus don't sleep on how slippery Lucio is and his damage is fairly epic so participate in the kills! #FeelTheBeat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cheers m8

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Plus don't sleep on how slippery Lucio is and his damage is fairly epic so participate in the kills! #FeelTheBeat

i'm really bad at leading with his gun for some reason which is weird because i'm a crackshot with zenyatta orbs which are pretty similar. guess i just need some practice

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Give yourself to the rhythm.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

4am gaming.. *shudders in awe like that guy in Lord of the Rings when he sees the big army*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What the

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

4am gaming.. *shudders in awe like that guy in Lord of the Rings when he sees the big army*

Late night OW is all attack widow and rat teams and not even the same players and it's both teams. It's out of control.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

all attack widow

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Like 6 games in a row of people insta locking Rat and Widow on attack and saying I'm bout to carry this bitch! and then getting instantly murdered and leaving voice chat and continuing to play those characters. 'Twas epic.

This is why I haven't played comp this season apart the placements, where I kept getting those idiots constantly.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

qnqnx posted:

This is why I haven't played comp this season apart the placements, where I kept getting those idiots constantly.

I prefer comp over QP strictly for the one hero rule.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

small hendren posted:

I prefer comp over QP strictly for the one hero rule.

this and people generally playing to win. you'll get a dumbass every now and then but it's not like QP where defense will go 6 torb and your team just runs around like headless chickens while they constantly have their ults up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got a potg today where i fired the full clip with pharah, all scoring direct hits and i got 3 frags. getting a lot better at predicting player movement and knowing when to run away with her.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Just play it as if it's quick play with more serious people IMO. The fact that everyone thinks their number is going to get them a million dollar loan or whatever only makes the community slightly more obnoxious and it's just funner overall, IMO.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my buddy is diamond on ps4 and he says he's always the only one with a headset, so he goes lucio and barks orders at everyone lol.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theyre the same people that play counterstrike mm like theyll gety a phone call from a pro team asking them to join when they get to global

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus if your the kind of person who likes to get better at a video game competitive is way more conducive to critically thinking about the game even if they pick stupid characters. It's easier to see why junkrat on Rt 66 is a stupid idea to keep slamming against the wall on attack. That said I also think everyone should give the stupid pick person a chance to blow their mind, at least on attack since you have time to experiment without losing a point or something, but just ask them nicely if they'd change if it doesn't work for them. I usually explain it's not even a thing about how good you are, I'm a badass at Tracer but I don't get to play Tracer-friendly games every time or sometimes you just aren't making it happen and you gotta know when to switch up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

my buddy is diamond on ps4 and he says he's always the only one with a headset, so he goes lucio and barks orders at everyone lol.

He's doing God's work.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

theyre the same people that play counterstrike mm like theyll gety a phone call from a pro team asking them to join when they get to global

Yeah I played Competitive in that before I even learned how to play CS (back before you had to play 10000 hours of casual first -_-) just because I think that's the actual game so why wouldn't I just do that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Yeah I played Competitive in that before I even learned how to play CS (back before you had to play 10000 hours of casual first -_-) just because I think that's the actual game so why wouldn't I just do that.

did they ever add an option to do 5v5 with real cs rules except without the best to 15 that makes comp comp? I hated grinding xp in casual and gungame.

The cool thing about overwatch is that casual pretty much runs on the same rules it's just no sideswitching.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

did they ever add an option to do 5v5 with real cs rules except without the best to 15 that makes comp comp? I hated grinding xp in casual and gungame.

The cool thing about overwatch is that casual pretty much runs on the same rules it's just no sideswitching.

There's probably ESEA and just regular Community Servers for that but ESEA is for if your a god at the game. I haven't played CS in a long time though. When I first played it I was surprising myself with how quickly I was getting ranks and people were telling me I was epic so I signed up to ESEA for a month to see how awesome I really was and it completely destroyed my soul within the first 2 hours lmfao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I suck at CS but I love playing Gun Game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

There's probably ESEA and just regular Community Servers for that but ESEA is for if your a god at the game. I haven't played CS in a long time though. When I first played it I was surprising myself with how quickly I was getting ranks and people were telling me I was epic so I signed up to ESEA for a month to see how awesome I really was and it completely destroyed my soul within the first 2 hours lmfao.

faceit has more noobs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah I figured at the time that I would just stick to the game's matchmaking until I got really good at that because when I played in a few ESEA games I felt like they weren't even the top level and I couldn't comprehend the pwnage. I had only played the game for a couple months or so and before that my only CS experience was a 24/7 Office 32p server in Source when I was 14 or something.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Just play it as if it's quick play with more serious people IMO. The fact that everyone thinks their number is going to get them a million dollar loan or whatever only makes the community slightly more obnoxious and it's just funner overall, IMO.

I know, I should stop worrying about points but I can't help being the saltiest player of the southern hemisphere

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Yeah I figured at the time that I would just stick to the game's matchmaking until I got really good at that because when I played in a few ESEA games I felt like they weren't even the top level and I couldn't comprehend the pwnage. I had only played the game for a couple months or so and before that my only CS experience was a 24/7 Office 32p server in Source when I was 14 or something.

the best part of easea is when your good you get to be the person destroying the gold nova retard who was convinced they were epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

once i had a guy on our team who force bought every round and at like round 4 we told him to stop and he smugly said it works for him and he still wins every game and he finished the match 1-27

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

the best part of easea is when your good you get to be the person destroying the gold nova retard who was convinced they were epic

When I tried it I think I had gotten the AK with wheat around it rank, or maybe 2 AKs I don't remember, but I was still getting pwned so hard I didn't even know what I could do or how to learn from it lol. That was also before I started taking the game as seriously as I eventually did so maybe if I tried again I'd at least be able to tell what's going on lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre dying a lot and feel like you're headbutting a wall, it's common sense to just switch. quickplay is there if you wanna practice your genji skill or whatever but in comp it's so important to be flexible, just switching it up can throw the enemy off.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

faps, noms, and Overwatch. 'Tis an awesome night indeed.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watching super high level comp CS is frightening. you swear everyone has full vision because they know where every player is going to be at a given time and aim for the head through doors and soft cover.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

faps, noms, and Overwatch. 'Tis an awesome night indeed.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah since everyone in CS really only plays the same 3 maps at a high level everyone memorized every detail eventually. It's funny when you see people who can't aim to save their life if it's not a prefire spot or something

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's 50 pounds of stank coming out of a 10 pound bag of poo poo. Why don't you chill on the Haterade for a bit mate.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao at faggots developing effective strats for wins and having maps literally down to science when they're playing for huge piles of cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao at faggots developing effective strats for wins and having maps literally down to science when they're playing for huge piles of cash

i do this naturally for no money because i suffer from extreme gamer perfectionism

• Locked thread