Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
According to GameXplain, Mega Evolution is not part of the main story, so the screens and video we've seen with them are strictly post-game. So final battles in the story should be in the high 50s or low 60s level-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

i wonder who the mosquito man is, maybe the scientist from The Fly is experimenting on alola

It's gonna be the glasses lady from Aether.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

I played it on my Old 3DS and I didn't feel like it was slow at all. v:confused:v

For me it was only noticeable in the trial fight when the camera sweeps over the whole field. Not unplayable or anything but deffinitely there.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It should be noted that only female mosquitos drink blood in order to incubate their eggs. Not that the game has to follow real-world biology, but the mosquito may be female, despite appearances.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pentaro posted:

It's gonna be the glasses lady from Aether.

How dare you

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Reinanigans posted:

I played it on my Old 3DS and I didn't feel like it was slow at all. v:confused:v

Same. I haven't noticed any slowness in loading or in framerates. Even Pokefinder was running just fine for me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh i thought it was a super stylized weevil

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blazing Zero posted:

tms, hms and items that teach moves in general should be axed. make it a thing you level as a trainer or something else

No, TMs are currently one of the only pieces of worthwhile loot in the game and a good reward for exploration. Taking them out would be a terrible idea.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
leaked team skull theme after they turn good

https://youtu.be/sA_0cvd1EUM

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bad People: dress in loose fitting clothing, make exaggerated gestures, talk in street slang

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Now that Litten's final evo is confirmed I can start making my wrestling team

Machamp - El Macho
Litten final evo - El Tigre
Hawlucha - La Garza
Emboar - El Puerco

Need 2 more suggestions

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lilligant and tsareena

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wobbuffet as a punching bag

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

lezard_valeth posted:

Now that Litten's final evo is confirmed I can start making my wrestling team

Machamp - El Macho
Litten final evo - El Tigre
Hawlucha - La Garza
Emboar - El Puerco

Need 2 more suggestions

Kommo-o duh

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i know we are all talking about how alala dugtrio is the best

but i think alolo diglett is also incredibly good

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Space T Rex posted:

Kommo-o duh

Mmmm maybe. Between Bulletproof and Soundproof which would be better though?

I think Soundproof would be good to counter pixelated Hyper Voice.

Unless it gets a really good HA.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Bad People: dress in loose fitting clothing, make exaggerated gestures, talk in street slang

Yes,

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lezard_valeth posted:

Mmmm maybe. Between Bulletproof and Soundproof which would be better though?

I think Soundproof would be good to counter pixelated Hyper Voice.

Unless it gets a really good HA.

basically all soundproof does of note is mess up pixelated Hyper Voice (unless new moves are sound-baed) which isnt awful for sure but probably is more bsaed on if you have good anti-fairy switches on your team. bulletproof stops a lot of random junk is a pretty good general-purpose ability

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Reinanigans posted:

I noticed some during the totem boss or whatever. He summoned a helper Pokemon and it started lagging, makes me worried about any double battles.

I'm thinking I'll start looking into scoring a New 3DS before the new games come out just to be sure.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Are Team Skull the reapers from TWEWY before they died?

The demo is okay. Wish we could transfer a couple Pokemon across.

Really want to go with Owl, Koala, Rock Puppy and perhaps the anchor thing. Are there any nice new water, psychic or ghost types?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
If UB are really people that turn into Pokemon, then instead of catching one, the trainer should just eventually gain the ability to turn into one.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

i'll likely be naming my Kommo-o something like Quetzalcoatl

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope Team Skull is good because I want a female villain and also Lusamine's hair fits the villain group better.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rhonne posted:

If UB are really people that turn into Pokemon, then instead of catching one, the trainer should just eventually gain the ability to turn into one.

They don't turn into Pokemon, we see a UB invasion in some of the trailers and in one I'm pretty sure the person its based on is there (UB-01 who looks like the girl with the big hat).

I think they're mimicking them. Or maybe they are them from an alternate dimension (maybe the regular world without Mega-evolution we were in Gen 1-5) :tinfoil:

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Zore posted:

They don't turn into Pokemon, we see a UB invasion in some of the trailers and in one I'm pretty sure the person its based on is there (UB-01 who looks like the girl with the big hat).

I think they're mimicking them. Or maybe they are them from an alternate dimension (maybe the regular world without Mega-evolution we were in Gen 1-5) :tinfoil:

Lillie is not present when the player meets UB-01

But that doesn't mean the two haven't met before :tinfoil:

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I want one of these pokemong "professors" and scientists to stop making artificial pokemon and hurry up with invent a time capsule machine so i can go through and redo all my pokemon's moves and stats

jarbv fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 19, 2016

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

team skull is a jet set radio gang

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Are there any updating guides for the Sun/Moon demo? Has anything changed today besides getting 10 butterfly wings?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

It should be noted that only female mosquitos drink blood in order to incubate their eggs. Not that the game has to follow real-world biology, but the mosquito may be female, despite appearances.

that or combee is going to have some competition

e: combeetition

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

gulp

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So just to clarify its not on those specific dates that events happen. As I finished the demo yesterday and the guy is still telling me to talk to him tomorrow. The girl in the southwest corner of town is telling me 5 days which would put it at the 24th not the 23rd. The Pikachu guy in City Hall is telling me 12 days which should put it at October 31st not November 2nd. The Shady deal at the marina is taking place in 18 days putting it on November 6th instead of the 5th. And the nervous girl in the marina is having someone meet her in 24 days putting it on November 12th instead of the 11th. I don't know if these times are relative based on when you finish the demo or if they are based on when you talk to them. So if you have not talked to these guys in your demo yet definitely talk to them just to be safe.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Sorry if I missed this, but the thread's moving awfully fast - the box legendaries have pre-egos now? How the hell am I supposed to finish my living dex in S&M? It's annoying enough trying to trade for the alternate version legend as is.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Russad posted:

Sorry if I missed this, but the thread's moving awfully fast - the box legendaries have pre-egos now? How the hell am I supposed to finish my living dex in S&M? It's annoying enough trying to trade for the alternate version legend as is.

Yeah, it looks like it.

Along with Zygarde having a cell forme you hunt down the bits for, I have a feeling you get the Legendary prevos fairly early and part of the plot is powering them up to help take out some UBs.

Especially since the island Guardians are getting their rear end kicked in cutscenes by UBs.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

PSWII60 posted:

So just to clarify its not on those specific dates that events happen. As I finished the demo yesterday and the guy is still telling me to talk to him tomorrow. The girl in the southwest corner of town is telling me 5 days which would put it at the 24th not the 23rd. The Pikachu guy in City Hall is telling me 12 days which should put it at October 31st not November 2nd. The Shady deal at the marina is taking place in 18 days putting it on November 6th instead of the 5th. And the nervous girl in the marina is having someone meet her in 24 days putting it on November 12th instead of the 11th. I don't know if these times are relative based on when you finish the demo or if they are based on when you talk to them. So if you have not talked to these guys in your demo yet definitely talk to them just to be safe.

That's weird. I finished the demo at like, 7 PM yesterday. This morning I booted it again while I was getting ready to go to work (so, circa 6 AM) and the dude handed me the wings.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pentaro posted:

That's weird. I finished the demo at like, 7 PM yesterday. This morning I booted it again while I was getting ready to go to work (so, circa 6 AM) and the dude handed me the wings.

Same. I had no issue getting the wings.

It seems most of the items are vendor trash to help line your pockets. Not that I care, because more clothes for me.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Pentaro posted:

Maybe it's like daily quests in WoW or other MMOs? It doesn't matter if you get it at 7pm or 4am, once the next "rollover" hits it advances.

So it's not strictly 24 hours. It's just "the next rollover".

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Is the idea that this pretty wings would transfer to the main game later? Because otherwise what's the point in bothering?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zore posted:

Yeah, it looks like it.

Along with Zygarde having a cell forme you hunt down the bits for, I have a feeling you get the Legendary prevos fairly early and part of the plot is powering them up to help take out some UBs.

Especially since the island Guardians are getting their rear end kicked in cutscenes by UBs.

Particularly since there's a new pokeball that seems to be related to the UBs that also looks sorta like what might be Solgaleo's pre-evo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Can somebody clarify if it's possible to trade from gen 6 to gen 7? i mean I know new pokemon ain't gonna work but if I can't use pokebank to transfer I'd like to know my options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Flopsy posted:

Can somebody clarify if it's possible to trade from gen 6 to gen 7? i mean I know new pokemon ain't gonna work but if I can't use pokebank to transfer I'd like to know my options.

You should be able to go forward, but probably not backward.