Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

There's no brakes on the Aztec train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Mohenjo Daro is a City State! We've never seen it before! No idea what it's bonuses are!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Aztecs are gonna own their continent for sure.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That was very kind of the Russians to give the Aztecs an extra city like that.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

"decalred war", my OCD can't deal with this

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Double Bill posted:

"Rome has made peace with Aztec"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So who ya got in this? Greece or Aztec?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Double Bill posted:

Capitailists build a factroy

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Japan is just going to get smacked down pretty quickly by the looks of things.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Senerio posted:

So who ya got in this? Greece or Aztec?

If Aztecs win I bet people are going to say it was rigged. I'm rooting for Greece so that my earlier prediction looks better.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Captain Fargle posted:

Mohenjo Daro is a City State! We've never seen it before! No idea what it's bonuses are!
According to the Chinese site that had Gorgo's details first, Mohenjo-Daro is a Cultural City-State and their suzerain bonus is that all your cities are considered to have a fresh water supply (as if they were next to a river/lake/oasis).

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

That was very kind of the Russians to give the Aztecs an extra city like that.

A good turn by the Aztecs to give it back

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Haha that Russian religious trick was actually really good.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo, Greece in Renaissance already

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Brannock posted:

Holy poo poo, Greece in Renaissance already
They have a +6 bonus campus, so yea.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
The civs on the western continent have wacko settling habits

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
e: double

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

That's a LOT of legions.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I can't watch the stream right now so thanks for the updates. I'm just salivating uncontrollably right now.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
idk if it's the stream but the terrain tiles look sorta lifeless, just monotone colours. I hope it looks better in person.

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde
City states expand their borders based on how many emissaries are sent to them, that's neat.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Popete posted:

idk if it's the stream but the terrain tiles look sorta lifeless, just monotone colours. I hope it looks better in person.

They have resources turned off (visually) so that's part of it

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I

Popete posted:

I think they said the resources aren't showing up in this build or something.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Interesting the confirmation that Russia and Rome are usually top AI players.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

They have resources turned off (visually) so that's part of it

That seems like an odd choice for a pre-launch stream.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It's not a choice I think, it's just the build they're using has a glitch on observer mode.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lower difficulty ai not purposefully seeking out eurekas is a good idea

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It is heating up. Its neat to see how everyone is beginning to clash already, but..maybe its cuz i'm just observing, but there dont' seem to be a lot of moving parts here. No major ideologies or anything like that to mix it up, just EXPAND EXPAND EXPAND from the AI.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Aztec's cross the ocean!

Jastiger posted:

It is heating up. Its neat to see how everyone is beginning to clash already, but..maybe its cuz i'm just observing, but there dont' seem to be a lot of moving parts here. No major ideologies or anything like that to mix it up, just EXPAND EXPAND EXPAND from the AI.

When it's so fast it's hard to see stuff other than expansion. We're not really seeing culture stuff, we have seen some religious maneuvering though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Science seems way too quick.

E: Spain and Russia have lost the religion game :(

Brazil is Religiously powerful, next best is Japan, who aren't going to win poo poo

Jump King fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 19, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmbo if japan wins with a religious vicotry

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Industrial and Modern era stuff comes far too early and far too cheaply. Definitely going to need a balance patch or modding.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
2K are saying in twitch chat that the game is still in development. Why are they releasing it if it's still in development? Are they trying to sneak out an early access turd and pass it off as finished? I wonder if maybe I shouldn't have preordered.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Smoremaster posted:

2K are saying in twitch chat that the game is still in development. Why are they releasing it if it's still in development? Are they trying to sneak out an early access turd and pass it off as finished? I wonder if maybe I shouldn't have preordered.

It's probably not too late to refund if that's what you'd like.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Out of curiosity, when I bought the deluxe edition from GMG, I don't see the Aztec pre-order DLC in my steam library. Anyone else getting this?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

FooF posted:

Out of curiosity, when I bought the deluxe edition from GMG, I don't see the Aztec pre-order DLC in my steam library. Anyone else getting this?

It's a separate key from GMG, check your GMG account or confirmation e-mail.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Smoremaster posted:

with balance patches and dlc and season passes basically every modern game is still in development when it releases

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A little weird that it's modern era and there's nary a gun in sight

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
From what I'm hearing (stream doesn't work for me for some reason) the AI's pretty bad, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

FooF posted:

Did you get both codes?