Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Flopsy posted:

Can somebody clarify if it's possible to trade from gen 6 to gen 7? i mean I know new pokemon ain't gonna work but if I can't use pokebank to transfer I'd like to know my options.

Not right away. You'll be able to do a one way transfer through the bank in January, much like how Gen VI had that brief period of exclusivity before you could transfer up from Gen V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

Is the idea that this pretty wings would transfer to the main game later? Because otherwise what's the point in bothering?

Yeah there's gonna be some mechanic where you talk to Prof. Kakui and he'll transfer your poo poo (plus Greninja) to the full game

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Zore posted:

Not right away. You'll be able to do a one way transfer through the bank in January, much like how Gen VI had that brief period of exclusivity before you could transfer up from Gen V.

My understanding is that Pokebank will still work with gen vii pokemon, just that once a gen vi Pokémon has gotten some Alola stank on it you can't send it back to Gen VI but the bank will continue to be standard from here out.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Sooo trading is out of the question then I take it.

I'd like to transfer a crogunk to my moon game and a ralts to my sun game. I've bred them in advance for my teams.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 19, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i bet the 24 day lady is going to give a bottle cap

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Flopsy posted:

Yeah, definitely no backwards compatible trading.

Pokemon website posted:

Once Pokémon Bank has been updated, you'll be able to use it to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

You will be able to use your existing Pokémon Bank account to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Due to certain limitations, it is recommended that you install Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow on the same Nintendo 3DS system as Pokémon Bank.

Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Flopsy posted:

I'd like to transfer a crogunk to my moon game and a ralts to my sun game. I've bred them in advance for my teams.

Not until January at least, sorry duder

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

Yeah, definitely no backwards compatible trading.

edit: Nevermind I'm a dum dum.

Hmmm....I might wait until January to start playing then. Depends on whatever new information comes out afterward.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 19, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I suggest buying it early for a very handsome munchlax.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
The last time backwards compatible trading was a thing was 2001.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Interesting theory on what Dugtrio's hair is.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

That's awesome, sounds plausible to me.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

hopeandjoy posted:

Same. I had no issue getting the wings.

It seems most of the items are vendor trash to help line your pockets. Not that I care, because more clothes for me.

It may also be related to when you talk to them. I finished the demo yesterday I can't remember what time. But I know I did not talk to any of the event people until today for the first time.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

PSWII60 posted:

It may also be related to when you talk to them. I finished the demo yesterday I can't remember what time. But I know I did not talk to any of the event people until today for the first time.

I have no idea. I finished the demo around 1 yesterday but I opened it up again today around 10. :shrug:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Ok now do Golem

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

makes sense to me

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

Ok now do Golem

alternatively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What qualifies as "finishing" the demo, anyway? I barely managed to suffer through it long enough to take four pictures and fight some trash and a piece of giant trash and got a "Saving..." message and a big splash screen. Can I go talk to the NPCs now or are they going to throw more "plot" at me?

e: oh thank god I might just not touch it again until it comes out, then, why did everything feel so clunky?!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You've finished the demo and can now transfer Ash-Greninja.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also, thanks to the leak we know there are 11 special Z moves.

Pikachu
Eevee
Snorlax
Alola Raichu

Were already revealed. My gut for the last 7 are;

The starter final forms
The version mascots
some combo of 2 of Marshadow/Magearna/Zygarde/Greninja

Anyone else have any good candidates?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you can beat up 3 trainers, catch some pokemons for a nugget, talk to some dude and probably meet the PRO-GOLFER and SUPER COOL MAN

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I hope we can transfer everything to the main game at once and not one thing a day like the ORAS demo.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

So what's Alolan Dugtrio's likely typing? I say Ground/Dragon, but I feel Grass/Ground is more likely

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

psychic/bug

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

So what's Alolan Dugtrio's likely typing? I say Ground/Dragon, but I feel Grass/Ground is more likely

I was thinking Grass/Ground, but from the post I found I think Fire/Ground or Rock/Ground is more likely.

RIP Alola Dugtrio, surrounded by the thing that can kill you.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The Unown will get their own Z move in which the entire alphabet as well as ! and ? team up to pummel the opponent to death with the power of literacy

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
in a shocking twist, ground/flying.

Dugtrio's hair provides only the finest in lift.

also, I hope you can style Dugtrio's hair like FurFrou

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 19, 2016

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I beat the demo at about 5:30 yesterday but haven't been able to get the 10 wings from the Pokemon Center guy today. I tried at lunch and the game was at nighttime, tried again a minute ago and it still wouldn't let me. Gonna try again in a little bit, playing VC Red right now, but hopefully it'll let me get all of these dumb useless items.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I still think it's crazy that Ash-Greninja can use items. Not only does it get what is essentially a free Life Orb boost, but you can throw another Life Orb on top of that! You would think that Game Freak might cool it after Primal Reversion and other goofy Gen 6 crap, but nope.

Still, Ash-Greninja is so cool, so I'm okay with it. :3:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
To be fair you've got to KO a Pokemon with it first for the transformation, which in competitive play likely won't be something you see very often.

It's not on-command like Mega or Primal.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, non-Protean Greninja is decent. Not great.

Water/Dark as a permanent typing also leaves it vulnerable to a ton of really common stuff and priority.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I still think it's crazy that Ash-Greninja can use items. Not only does it get what is essentially a free Life Orb boost, but you can throw another Life Orb on top of that! You would think that Game Freak might cool it after Primal Reversion and other goofy Gen 6 crap, but nope.

I don't know why it isn't just a Mega evolution without the need for something so specific for the frog. He'll, they could have made these bond forms for all the Kalos starters so we could get special stuff for everyone.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Thankfully it will be in the Forbidden Zone along with the catchable Ultra Beasts and all Mega Evolutions.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

will ash-greninja be the first battle bond banned to ubers ?? (👍 15,000 / share 573)

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

Also, thanks to the leak we know there are 11 special Z moves.

Pikachu
Eevee
Snorlax
Alola Raichu

Were already revealed. My gut for the last 7 are;

The starter final forms
The version mascots
some combo of 2 of Marshadow/Magearna/Zygarde/Greninja

Anyone else have any good candidates?

Lycanroc since it's supposed to be this gen's Lucario. Actually Lucario has a good chance :v:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hope that Unown can use the Z-Crystal that matches its Hidden Power type.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Unown deserves a real boost. Give it Protean

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Zoran posted:

Unown deserves a real boost. Give it Protean

Give Unown a Magneton or Dugtrio-style evolution, where it just evolves into more Unown (either random letters filtered to avoid Unown gently caress, or just a selection of predetermined words). Give it more moves and Technician, too :v:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Give it more moves

Heretic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Zoran posted:

Heretic

Are you implying that Ancient Power is not flavorfully appropriate for Unown?