Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Temporary plywood worker not glue wood according to Chinese skillful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
To be fair the plywood could mean the difference between life and death. If there's nothing else to use it'd slow the body down a fair bit. I say good thinking whoever's idea it was.

Probably.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I'm surprised it's taken this long.

All those kickstarter sites are full of great ideas and not a single one seems to have any sort of patent protection. Sure, not that that would stop China, but the level of naivete on display is heartbreaking.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Outrail posted:

To be fair the plywood could mean the difference between life and death. If there's nothing else to use it'd slow the body down a fair bit. I say good thinking whoever's idea it was.

Probably.

For your information, that "anti-suicide" plywood is department issued.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

School Nickname posted:

My first ever attempt at photoshopping something (using GIMP). Mods please don't ban me for using the n-word.

same

Only registered members can see post attachments!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail posted:

Probably.

I really doubt it but it's nice to see Chinese cops do anything other then gawk

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should do a tv show where cops swap places with another country's cops.

"Cop Swap"

I would love to see LAPD in China and see Chinese cops get their first gun.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Nongtra by Vampire Weekend

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Does someone have the other album cover from one of the previous threads?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
gently caress now i gotta go listen to Contra.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Does someone have the other album cover from one of the previous threads?

First page of this thread. Next Album should be named "chàbuduō".

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
should it be a picture of a newly built building collapsing, that house with the wires running straight through it, or the sleeping bricklayer?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Fauxtool posted:

should it be a picture of a newly built building collapsing, that house with the wires running straight through it, or the sleeping bricklayer?

I like the architectural theme the album covers have had so far, so I'd say one of the first two

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 20, 2016

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
While I've never been a smoker, I haven't thought much about smokers or smoking. After living in China I hope that all smokers experience grievous bodily harm, gently caress smokers. Ugh, just 9 more months in this shithole.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

What uh happened here?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Trump said China is growing at 7 percent. 7 percent people.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Outrail posted:

Trump said China is growing at 7 percent. 7 percent people.

That's impossible, the government growth target was between 6.5 and 7, so it can't hit exactly seven.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

In any given picture who'd have thought it was the North American with the most diminutive pubic bush, 2016, Agartha

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm the guy in the back taking a photo of someone taking a photo.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Haier, be careful! http://shanghaiist.com/2016/10/19/too_loud_sex.php

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
LOL. I am not sure it's a good idea to wrestle with another person covered in their own and other people's bodily fluids. Especially since he probably took up the offer for the hotel hooker service that is forced upon you when you stay in Chinese hotels.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh yeah, I finally had a white person on Facebook delete me for posting something about Chinese education. She thought I was being racist for talking about its flaws, along with Face culture. It wasn't even this-thread level of talk. I take it as a compliment. Triggering white Americans seems to be my thing lately.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Haier posted:

Oh yeah, I finally had a white person on Facebook delete me for posting something about Chinese education. She thought I was being racist for talking about its flaws, along with Face culture. It wasn't even this-thread level of talk. I take it as a compliment. Triggering white Americans seems to be my thing lately.

You're better off for it.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
If you really want to experience face culture you should just go to Japan. Or even Korea, which is rip off version of Japan. Heck, there's even keigo, which is a specific kind of speech for business and formalities with a lot of different honorifics.

Going to Japan as a tourist is awesome because they treat you the customer as God. Deep down, customer service might think you are a piece of poo poo but you wouldn't know!

As for the education system, meh.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

caberham posted:

Heck, there's even keigo, which is a specific kind of speech for business and formalities with a lot of different honorifics.

ah yes like usted and senora

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

That's my thing actually.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

caberham posted:

If you really want to experience face culture you should just go to Japan. Or even Korea, which is rip off version of Japan. Heck, there's even keigo, which is a specific kind of speech for business and formalities with a lot of different honorifics.

Going to Japan as a tourist is awesome because they treat you the customer as God. Deep down, customer service might think you are a piece of poo poo but you wouldn't know!

As for the education system, meh.

I think you are mistaking actual politeness for Face. As far as I can tell they are pretty western normal on a personal level. Their customer service is unparalleled though and has nothing to do with Face.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

oohhboy posted:

I think you are mistaking actual politeness for Face. As far as I can tell they are pretty western normal on a personal level. Their customer service is unparalleled though and has nothing to do with Face.

baaaahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

aaaaahahahahahahahaha

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

oohhboy posted:

As far as I can tell they are pretty western normal on a personal level.

quoted for posterity.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

THE PWNER posted:

It's way more complicated. Korean's system is pretty simple but Japanese's is not.

oohhboy posted:

I can't speak to Japan very well but after four years in Korea: no.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

baaaahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

aaaaahahahahahahahaha

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Keigos on a level where most Japanese don't know how to speak it properly.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

THE PWNER posted:

boners nachos, senors eee senoritters

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Grand Fromage posted:

It's way more complicated. Korean's system is pretty simple but Japanese's is not.

everything is relative...

Grand Fromage posted:

(responding about politeness)I can't speak to Japan very well but after four years in Korea: no.

after 10 years there, I gotta go with "no. no way. not even." also

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
There is a certain art to sarcasm in Japanese, Like if you talk to a drunk guy on the subway as if he were an emperor it will get a laugh.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grand Prize Winner posted:

boners nachos, senors eee senoritters
I had to check to make sure this wasn't a San Diego LAN thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

There is a certain art to sarcasm in Japanese, Like if you talk to a drunk guy on the subway as if he were an emperor it will get a laugh.

in the sense that ppl would probably laugh at you getting beat up by a drunk, yes

• Locked thread