Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh she definitely hasn't told Oliver, I just mean that there's a difference between a secret relationship and not telling Ollie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, not telling your ex-fiance about your new boyfriend isn't really in the realm of "comic book secrets." She's just avoiding awkward conversations and hurting his feelings.

At least until he turns out to be Prometheus and it turns out he's been learning everything about all the super heroes by stealing it from Felicity.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, not telling your ex-fiance about your new boyfriend isn't really in the realm of "comic book secrets." She's just avoiding awkward conversations and hurting his feelings.

At least until he turns out to be Prometheus and it turns out he's been learning everything about all the super heroes by stealing it from Felicity.

Nah, he's probably Slade. Somehow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Slade's son. Duh. Or maybe Wintergreen's.

Or some Russian guy we haven't met yet.

Ok, Prometheus is actually Slade's son who ended up retreating into the Bratva until Oliver showed up and hosed all that up so he joined the League of Assassins and was taught my Malcolm until Oliver hosed that up too, so he's the son of Slade, Malcolm, and whatever Russsian guy Oliver is trying to kill and now he's posing as Felicity's boyfriend to gather intel on Arrow and everyone else before seeking his revenge.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 18, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Coming this fall Son of Slade: Chooooooooose Harder.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
He's Diggle's son from the future. Thanks Barry!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Felicity's boyfriend definitely made a point of not having met any of Felicity's friends, though it's hard to tell if she has any friends in town besides the team. Maybe Curtis knows?

As far as Laurel coming back, I don't know how Flashpoint would make that happen. If that were the case, she'd already be alive, since the timeline changes are already in effect. Moreover, her not being dead would completely undermine Oliver's primary motivation this year - her death has completely changed how he approaches the vigilante business. How do you bring her back without completely negating the emotional arc of the season?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Felicity's boyfriend definitely made a point of not having met any of Felicity's friends, though it's hard to tell if she has any friends in town besides the team. Maybe Curtis knows?

As far as Laurel coming back, I don't know how Flashpoint would make that happen. If that were the case, she'd already be alive, since the timeline changes are already in effect. Moreover, her not being dead would completely undermine Oliver's primary motivation this year - her death has completely changed how he approaches the vigilante business. How do you bring her back without completely negating the emotional arc of the season?

That's assuming Barry isn't dumb enough to do it again, or there are no ripples.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Ouhei posted:

She's hiding some sort of illness/pregnancy/something from Oliver/everyone based on the weird stairs moment at the end of the episode.

Smoak got worried/lurched on the stairs when Oliver mentioned that Ragman was on the team.
Ragman, the person who wants revenge over the nuking of his hometown Havenrock.

Connect the two events for the midseason cliffhanger.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I hereby nominate to rename Ragman as Ragamuffin.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My vote is that Felicity's chip is failing and she'll eventually be back in the wheelchair.

Anyway that was neat! Glad I gave the show another chance, though if the pattern holds I should check out after the midpoint. Also, I was way more amused by THEA QUEEN, ACTION MAYORAL ADVISOR hopping around the rooftops in plain clothes than I should've been.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh neat, Flashpoint unkilled Lawton...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I missed the first minute, did they include the Flash clip so people get the John Jr. thing?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

I missed the first minute, did they include the Flash clip so people get the John Jr. thing?

Yep.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, they did.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

And why Deadshot is back.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

"Some vigilante in a hockey mask"

Don't worry, I know who you're talking about...

*Stephen Amell punches himself*

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Speedy is about to get hosed.

Also, the Vigilante himself!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

He makes a good point, they never did find a body.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

Or not, I guess.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Woot continuity error on the wounds during the fight! All of them disappeared for a bit and then reappeared at the end.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
This episode has been peak Arrow so far. Plus he got to say his catchphrase to Stardust himself.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
"Okay Arrow, you can't use Deadshot anymore because the hit film Suicide Squad is coming out and we don't want people getting confused."

(6 months later)

"Fine, take him back"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Medullah posted:

"Okay Arrow, you can't use Deadshot anymore because the hit film Suicide Squad is coming out and we don't want people getting confused."

(6 months later)

"Fine, take him back"

To be honest I think I prefer this version to DeadSmith anyways.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

(6 months later)

"Fine, take him back"

Can we get Amanda Waller back too?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Can we get Amanda Waller back too?

Only if Flashpoint means we get Waller back as CCH Pounder Waller.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Curtis is such the voice of reason.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
These scenes with brutally stubborn Ollie and secretive Felicity do a pretty nice job of showing how much of an effect the events of S04 had on them, but drat it's a little frustrating to watch them make the same mistakes over again.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Don't you dare make Lawton be a figment of Diggle's imagination.

That'd be too cruel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Swerved.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zebulon posted:

Don't you dare make Lawton be a figment of Diggle's imagination.

That'd be too cruel.

Awwww dammit I was actually excited.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Medullah posted:

Awwww dammit I was actually excited.

Season officially ruined.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess the whole Artemis thing comes a bit later.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hate Curtis's hair and mask. He's better with the afro.

Also RIP: Stardust I guess.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Awwwww yeah gonna be cool walkin' away from an explosion...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha okay I laughed at "it's the whispers right? I don't know why it sounds like that it just does!!!"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Cool guys don't look at explosions, the team building exercise.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

I am thoroughly enjoying all the Casey Jones references tonight...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I think it's :waycool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The most stubbly administration

• Locked thread