Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want Cell to come back as a gag character that gets one shotted by a two year old Pan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want Cell to become a good guy and join the Z-warriors, then just stand in the background when Vegita and Goku beat everyone.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Fuckin' Broly trying to fuse with the new hotness. I'm still cool; I've still got it!

He probably gives terrible hugs.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

so DB Fusions is getting an update or DLC or something that adds more Super content?

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

Picture says a thousand words.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I legit dig how he got the lone strand of hair on the right there.

Good cosplay IMO.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Mogomra posted:

I've never heard of Crunchyroll. How does it work? I'll have to get yet another streaming subscription for my DBS now?

Crunchyroll has kinda become "the" name in streaming anime lately. They end up with a bunch of simulcast stuff (like JoJo, and now Dragon Ball) and have even branched out into a bit of tokusatsu and other live action things.

Generally speaking, you have to have a paid account to watch things day-of-release, but most stuff goes up to watch for free (with ads) a week later.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

jivjov posted:

Crunchyroll has kinda become "the" name in streaming anime lately. They end up with a bunch of simulcast stuff (like JoJo, and now Dragon Ball) and have even branched out into a bit of tokusatsu and other live action things.

Generally speaking, you have to have a paid account to watch things day-of-release, but most stuff goes up to watch for free (with ads) a week later.

Unless things changed since I used the premium service for Attack on Titan (which I think brought it to a lot of people's attention) you need to subscribe to view in higher resolutions too. Super might justify me going back, especially since I need to catch up on JoJo's.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

720p and up is locked even after the week of exclusivity is up, yeah.

There's no reason to watch in 1080p for 99.9% of broadcast anime though, because it's upscaled.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The subscription isn't terrible, like $6/month, and there's a Roku channel for it that syncs up with your account! My wife and I just finished dubbed FMA: Brotherhood on it and it was flawless. Loads very fast and we never had a drop in quality. You can queue up shows, and it keeps your progress. Nice to watch high def anime on your TV without having to shell out cash for blurays - if you can even find them!

The Funimation Roku channel is garbage in comparison. It lets you save shows but doesn't save your progress. It has Dragonball in my queue, but I have to scroll through every episode to figure out where you left off.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The simulcast stuff is same-day official subs or what?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kelp Plankton posted:

The simulcast stuff is same-day official subs or what?

That's how it works for JoJo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Crunchyroll uses their own inhouse translators, I think. But they are professionals.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If they start subbing ningen as mortals or something I'll be mad. I know it's probably more correct and whatnot but Zamasu looking at 15-foot tall orange ogres and saying "I hate these humans" has a certain charm.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jivjov posted:

Crunchyroll uses their own inhouse translators, I think. But they are professionals.

Note: Professional and Good don't mean the same thing and this is never truer than talking about Crunchyroll.

But yeah, Simulcast generally means you can watch the episode an hour after Japanese broadcast.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I remember back when Crunchyroll was a fansubbing site. How the time flies...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They uploaded other folks fansubs without crediting them or whatever too, if I recall correctly. I also heard that that Daiz dude who is one of the founders of Crunchy is still involved with Commie subs, but I dunno how true that is.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Been using Chrunchyroll for a long time. Watched AoT and JoJo live and it was wonderful. Very excited.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXVXEeGGbQE

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
DBM author is loving salty lol.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

speaking of DBM loling at calling the awful side stories "specials" when they take up literally half of the entire series.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dbm seems bad

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Are people still whining about DBM Bra? What did she do now?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reading a very long running Dragonball fanfic seems incredibly ill advised. Showering with the toaster levels of bad idea.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

dbm seems bad
I think a lot of us were easier on it before Super started and did a lot of similar things that DBM did way, wwwaaaaayyyyyyy better. A lot of the recent chapters have been really bad too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pureauthor posted:

Are people still whining about DBM Bra? What did she do now?

Pulled off a highly unsatisfying, one sided win after working a jobber. Also a common thing is "EVEN VEGITO IS SCARED".

Basically doing the things we want pan to fo but WITH MORE EDGE THAN A GOTH LIBERTARIAN TEENAGER IN A RAZOR FACTORY.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 22, 2016

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

DBM is bad but it's at least a fun sort of bad, roughly a third of the time. It's nowhere near as good as The Adventures of Beerus & Friends.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd check it more often if the tournament felt like it was advancing rounds more often rather than just an infinite amount of tournament sandwiched between more regular Alternate Universe fanfics.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I've never read DBM and from what I've heard don't feel I'm missing much. Except that Ultra Super Final King Cold someone posted here that was pretty funny

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, not much you get from reading it, specially when subbed DBS comes out this evening.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No beerus, no sale.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I finished season two of DBZ yesterday, which ended with Vegeta putting Goku in the healing tank after the fight with Ginyu. Am I correct in thinking that this is the biggest single power-boost any character gets in one go? During his fight Vegeta on Earth, Goku's base fighting power is still lower than Vegeta's and he needs to use the kaio-ken to overpower him, then he trains in 100x Earth's gravity on the way to Namek and it pushes him up above Captain Ginyu's maximum (I think Ginyu's top power level was 120,000 while the highest reading his scouter got for Goku was 180,000), then he spends something like an hour in the healing pod and he's about level with final form Freeza's minimum power (which has to be a lot more than a million if you're putting a number on it).

I think it evens out out to him getting about 10 times stronger each time he either trains or recovers from injuries.

(Yes, I know, power levels, bullshit etc. :v:)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I finished season two of DBZ yesterday, which ended with Vegeta putting Goku in the healing tank after the fight with Ginyu. Am I correct in thinking that this is the biggest single power-boost any character gets in one go? During his fight Vegeta on Earth, Goku's base fighting power is still lower than Vegeta's and he needs to use the kaio-ken to overpower him, then he trains in 100x Earth's gravity on the way to Namek and it pushes him up above Captain Ginyu's maximum (I think Ginyu's top power level was 120,000 while the highest reading his scouter got for Goku was 180,000), then he spends something like an hour in the healing pod and he's about level with final form Freeza's minimum power (which has to be a lot more than a million if you're putting a number on it).

I think it evens out out to him getting about 10 times stronger each time he either trains or recovers from injuries.

(Yes, I know, power levels, bullshit etc. :v:)

The thing to keep in mind is that Goku's power level doesn't actually raise that much. During that time frame he's using Kaioken which is a huge boost to his power. The fact that he doesn't know Goku's techniques is one of the reasons Ginyu has a hard time when he body swaps.

It's still a huge boost but Goku has cheat modes basically.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Saiyan zenkai stuff seems more severe depending on the type of injury.

Both goku and vegeta's most severe leaps tended to follow getting beaten within an inch of their lives or impaled. Hell, Cell leapfrogged to SS2 through cellular shenanigans.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea goku's using kaioken pretty much all the time until he replaces it with super saiyan (which is basically kaioken+ anyway)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Well, just subscribed to Crunchyroll for DBS. Excited to see it commence this evening!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Webbeh posted:

Well, just subscribed to Crunchyroll for DBS. Excited to see it commence this evening!

Check out Ultraman some time if you want to see something that helped inspire this never ending adventure, since you have an account with Crunchyroll.

Just a general bit of advice for whoever. There are several Ultraman series on Crunchyroll, and if you have any interest in a live action show like that, something for everyone.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

I finished season two of DBZ yesterday, which ended with Vegeta putting Goku in the healing tank after the fight with Ginyu. Am I correct in thinking that this is the biggest single power-boost any character gets in one go?

I think thats Gohan after the old Kai unlocked his potential (again). He went from going toe to toe with Dabura (whos a chump compared to Cell) to surpassing everyone else by a wide margin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Man I wonder what would have happened if Kami had unlocked Goku's full potential on Namek. Mystic Goku running around one shotting everybody, being all 200 episodes too strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that wouldn't even have been enough for him to kill frieza and you know it

look what it did for gohan

• Locked thread