Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Shinsuke Nakamura already knows how to promote the NXT, Nintendo should get him to get people hype for the NX.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMRzJK80KSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Quest For Glory II posted:

Nintendo Exodus

bring back the bible names

Nintendo Revelations

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's gonna be the Duo

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The Nintendo Bee Up U.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Quest For Glory II posted:

hi nintendo fans. this is the nintendo tayne. we can't wait to enter-Tayne you

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Before the release, the Treehouse will digitize themselves, and the console will become the new Nintendo Treehouse.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

devtesla posted:

I'm comparing this to what the wii was actually like, and I'm all, a lot of this is bullshit lol. Expect some bullshit tomorrow.

There was a similar concept video for the Wii U that wasn't nearly as effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg

I'd forgotten that they literally marketed the Wii U as just a new controller

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jsor posted:

Before the release, the Treehouse will digitize themselves, and the console will become the new Nintendo Treehouse.

I'd buy a console named Treehouse

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Nintendojitsu/status/788942305227137024

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what if the NX is actually the Nintendo Xbox (i shamelessly stole this from a tweet from someone else)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
It'll be called the Wiinis

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

give us the name bill trinen

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

looking forward to waluigi's mansion at launch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

A game where you add ghosts to a mansion? I'd play.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mockups intensify

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/948627IMG2661.jpg

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

if you ignore the black sheep that are game n watch virtual boy and wii u the nx would be nintendos 10th console

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

This loving thing better have buttons.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Pinterest Mom posted:

A VR title where the player, as Wario, attempts to relax at home and watch a sporting event while an increasingly-persistent Waluigi tries to invite himself in. The player must lock doors, mute their tv, board up windows, and perform other tasks that grow to Looney-Tunes-levels of absurdity to keep from having to socialize with Waluigi, while also trying to make it seem like no-one is home.

Should the player get noticed, they are forced to sit on the floor while Waluigi hogs the couch, eats their snacks, and changes the tv channel so he can show off this great new Phillips CD-i console he found in a bog. Wario's home subsequently burns down.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Capacitive touch all the way down for the Nintendo Two-Thinger

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RZA Encryption posted:

This loving thing better have buttons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Last chance to get your hopes and dreams and predictions in, Ninfriendos.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
One of the leakers is saying the "Home" part is because they're trying to make sure people see it as a portable console and not a handheld first.

I hope it really fits that roll.

I am excited.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The Nintendo Home. Welcome back my friends.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm going to gently caress the nx with my wallet

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Last chance to get your hopes and dreams and predictions in, Ninfriendos.

Well, just for fun, maybe I'll make a big ol'post.

Basically I expect a combo of what emily rogers has said + the eurogamer report. It's a hybrid for sure at this point, and a real one, not a dumb vmu-style thing. That means the guts will be in the handheld, and the dock will only be there to provide extra power when connected to the tv. Wii-U-level 720p graphics on handheld, 1080p on television.The detachable controllers thing seemed weird at first, but I've come around to the idea. If they look like wiimotes, except with an analog stick on both, i'll be happy. There'll probably be a more traditional controller for sale when it comes out, at leas i hope so, in order to tide people over until they realize how comfortable the controllers probably are. Completely unfounded guess: The handheld/controllers will fold up somehow, sort of like a ds, to save space. Definitely uses cartridges.

now that i've made this post, karma will probably ensure it'll turn out to be a WiiUUDokiDoki2.0 or something.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Reggie: you've been asking for a "hybrid" console... a console that you can take with you anywhere...well, have we got something for you.

Introducing the nintendo bio. It is a "hybrid" of flesh and steel. it implants..."directly".... into your brain...

play anywhere.

play everywhere.

you can never escape.

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 20, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
My dream NX would be a 3DS-sized thing that just plugs into the TV dock and works with any Nintendo remote controller like the pro or the Wiimote. It'd play games the same on the handheld or in console mode, just Vita-esque quality and resolution on the handheld and 1080p for the TV.

This would probably be cost-prohibitive to build but I don't care, it would be perfect.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Do you think the NX will still have the two girl gamer buttons, or will the announcement up it to three, five, or even more?

E: I can't wait for Half Life 2 Episode 3 to be announced as an NX launch title.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Nintendo Gemini

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Yoya posted:

Nintendo Gemini

SoundsLike A name of a Magical girl anime. I be down with it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

a.lo posted:

give us the name bill trinen

I can't wait for the Nintendo Bill Trinen

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Honestly don't even care if it looks amazing or terrible, just looking forward to the next chapter of the story.

With Red Dead reveal today as well though... If Nintendo has rockstar third party support, that would go a long way towards regaining that core game market.

Aaah I love Nintendo reveal days!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In just five hours?? I'm not ready!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

In just five hours?? I'm not ready!

It's alright, I'll hype you up.

Get hype!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's Finally a NX

Yes finally Here

NX...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The twist during the reveal: The NX is you.

Juice Packets
Sep 22, 2005

They're Handy But They Leak Like Fuck!™

Mourning Due posted:

With Red Dead reveal today as well though... If Nintendo has rockstar third party support, that would go a long way towards regaining that core game market.

It does seem rather interesting that Rockstar are dropping the trailer 45 minutes after Nintendo drop theirs, for sure.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

When creating separate player accounts for your family, one could say you're informing your NX of kin.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Rexroom posted:

The twist during the reveal: The NX is you.

they modified the AIDS virus to make you look like Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

do you think ill be able to connect my wii u gamepad to the console
or will there be a gba XL glacier shell/skin for my new nintendo gamepad

watch them announce two sizes of portable on the japanese direct and one size on the american one lmao

• Locked thread