Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I approve of the new Jojo character 「OLD GREG」

Behold the power of his stand, 「BILLY THE MOUNTAIN」

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
OLD MAN RIVER」... has no weaknesses.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Is there a list of how many stands have no weaknesses and what each of their weaknesses is?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We know at least that Survivor is the weakest Stand.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

BeachBoy is the best stand with no weakness aside from the user being a baby until he grows up.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Please. "Fisher Man".

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Playing card themed bikini.

Stand: Milf-$

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqkJvYzqiU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I feel like that preview is too much for the anime thread, but it's probably going to be posted there regardless.

Looking forward to seeing a toenail get ripped off

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ultimately people are gonna do whatever with it, but since it's explicit about showing stray cat which is A Really Unexpected Left Turn i decided to just post it in this thread for now

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's not like seeing a plant with eyes, completely out of context, one day before it airs is going to destroy anyone's experience. The people who're really uptight about spoilers probably aren't going to watch any of the previews anyway.
I know the same discussion about preview spoilers comes up every week, and sorry (to the thread as a whole) if it's annoying bringing it up again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nesh

It's literally footage the creators are happy with people seeing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

my experience is already destroyed. forever. and crazy diamond can't fix it

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I know that it barely even registers as far as Weird poo poo That's Happened In Jojo's, but the whole cat-plant thing is still pretty loving bizarre.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Stray Cat/Tama has always ranked as the weirdest stand user to me. A baby? An orangutan? A mass of plankton? Nah, how about a cat that died and resurrected as a sentient plant?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it makes sense in a weird jojo way like most events in the series but it's still not something anyone would remotely expect in the slightest at the very least

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm looking forward to seeing how my anime only friends react to it because it's so strange.

The anime thread should be a fun place to watch tomorrow.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

To me the weirdest Jojo thing is the green baby. I mean what the gently caress was that? How was it supposed to be created any other way than with that freak combination of stands/users? Does it remember being Dio? Is it even Dio? Why is it a plant? gently caress that baby

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

To me the weirdest Jojo thing is the green baby. I mean what the gently caress was that? How was it supposed to be created any other way than with that freak combination of stands/users? Does it remember being Dio? Is it even Dio? Why is it a plant? gently caress that baby

its stand should have been「NOT EASY BEING GREEN」

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'know, I didn't know anything about SBR beyond Johnny and his legs issue and Gyro Zeppeli and what they do in EOH. So I didn't have any idea that it got weird like, immediately. Mountain Tim's rope that he can send parts of his body along, guy with bugs in his eyehole, iron controlling family. Wow.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The best part is that Bug Eye Dude isn't even a stand user

That's just, like, a Thing he does

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Bug Eye Guy has a name, you know.

His name is Mrs. Robinson.

Won't you please use it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ants In My Eyes Robinson

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The best part is that Bug Eye Dude isn't even a stand user

That's just, like, a Thing he does

And then it turns out that everyone else is actually a Stand User. So we have bootleg The Pain and a ton of Stand Users.

Not knowing anything about part 7 I thought it would be people bullshitting like Joseph did in the early parts of Battle Tendency but without anything special going on beyond Gyro's Spin/Rotation/not-Sendo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've probably said it before but I thought Steel Ball Run would be a cyberpunk Formula 1 style race tournament with Stands.

I reckon Cyberpunk JoJo would be extremely THE poo poo

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I've run out of the good translation for part 5 😩👎 Otherwise fine, next steps?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you want, just move on ahead to part 6 and catch up on 5 as the translations come out. 4 and 5 are very disconnected from the rest of the story at large and it's a pretty easy jump. otherwise, it's not a super daunting task to get through the poo poo translation if you want to go ahead and finish 5.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Yeah, you might as well just power through the rest of the bad translation, but if you really can't stand to do that you can wait for the good translation to finish and move on to part 6. Nothing about part 5 affects part 6. I read through the bad scans for the last 1/3rd or so of part 5 though because :neverskipparts:

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

You can power through the rest of the bad translation but you probably won't enjoy it, so just wait until the good one comes out. Don't read unfun things just because you feel obliged to! Reading jojos should be fun.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Next ep has a unique name entirely.

It's not Superfly

It's possibly something like The 15th of July Part 1

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

dont superfly and cheap trick happen concurrently? maybe they'll have them weave together a bit?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
My Japanese is kind of rusty, but I think it just says July 15th (Thursday) part 1.

So yeah.

Also aren't the next arcs Superfly and Enigma? Or do you think they'll do Cheap Trick out of order?

RaspberryCommie fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 21, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Superfly ends with "Koichi is eliminated" or similar wording so we're supposed to assume they're the same day, for sure.

Interesting that they've chosen to go with that rather than just Superfly and then Enigma.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't believe I forgot it was friday

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Death via air embolism cause an inattentive doctor didn't remove the lil air bubbles from a needle before injecting is one of my biggest fears, so this part always hosed me up a little.

That flower dance tho