Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Calm, informed, reasonable: Trump scores at final debate
/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

RocktheCaulk posted:

Does Donald force them all to do that terrible greaser slick back as part of some trust fund contract ?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

RandomPauI posted:

What was Trump's crossing the Rubicon moment? His first million dollar loan? Hiring illegal workers to build hotels? Bragging about groping women on Howard Stern?

When Barack "Longterm Planning" Obama goaded him into running for President and he let himself be led into this trap.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

thats a really hosed up foot touching this womans face imo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Clinton Nov. win probability: random drift 97%, Bayesian 98.7%

A victory by Mr. Trump remains possible: Mrs. Clinton’s chance of losing is about the same as the probability that an N.F.L. kicker misses a 30-yard field goal.

Getting closer...

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

RandomPauI posted:

What was Trump's crossing the Rubicon moment? His first million dollar loan? Hiring illegal workers to build hotels? Bragging about groping women on Howard Stern?

The 2011 Presidential Press Dinner when Obama and Seth Meyer taunted Trump and he waddled into a trap no one had realised had been set. It is classical tragedy: the protagonist destroyed by his internal nemesis. :hist101:

E: What Decius said.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Remind me to link to my academic article later titled "Trump? Right or WRong for America? Wrong. He is Wrong for America." I use a Jamisonian postmodern lens with an ironic nod to The Shining in which, in MLA format, it just says "WRONG. WRONG. WRONG." for thirty pages, including a works cited that is "WRONG, WRONG. WRONG. WRONG." in hanging indent.

It was very controversial when it was published to the point that it was never published.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ever since Alec Baldwin did that thing about how when Trump talks his lips turn into a butthole, that's all I can see now.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

The 2011 Presidential Press Dinner when Obama and Seth Meyer taunted Trump and he waddled into a trap no one had realised had been set. It is classical tragedy: the protagonist destroyed by his internal nemesis. :hist101:

the best joke in that was written by noted globalist judd apatow

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
wrong~

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXkZI7WZWOo

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I must have been sleeping during the 8-year period where The Donald conquered the gently caress out of the US's neighbors. Or when he had pirates crucified after getting them more ransom money in a show of excellent deal-making.

This analogy will work if he gets stabbed by Jeb!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

funny story about the national reconnaissance office

a few years back out of the blue they donated a couple telescopes to nasa because they were considered obsolete

they were built around the same time as the hubble but the nasa scientists were baffled because they were far superior and they had no idea who worked on them, which is weird because it's not a huge field and they pretty much knew everyone

I would like to read more about this. Do you have a source you can point me to?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

I'm glad you're alive

cuz ur the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTte01kdG_k

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Trump's even been asked about developments in the Phillipines. The president just took a trip to China where he said he was severing economic and military ties with the US in exchange for China canceling some of its debts, letting Filipino fishermen fish off the reefs that are off the coast of the Philippines but that China wants, money for drug rehab centers, and building a railroad.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Good morning, day crew. Do we have a bad hombres gang tag yet? (On mobile, so I can't tell.) I think the text from this would do nicely

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i watched a bit of the primary debates again and trump seemed so much more collected and in control, even when hes throwing out absurd ridiculous insults. he seems a lot more wordsalady and angry against hillary, and hillary definitely handles him better than any of the GOP guys who dared attack him. could be he just has to talk a lot more on these 1v1 whereas in the primary debates he could back off whenever and let rand squeal something instead

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i watched a bit of the primary debates again and trump seemed so much more collected and in control, even when hes throwing out absurd ridiculous insults. he seems a lot more wordsalady and angry against hillary, and hillary definitely handles him better than any of the GOP guys who dared attack him. could be he just has to talk a lot more on these 1v1 whereas in the primary debates he could back off whenever and let rand squeal something instead

i think some of it is that and some of it is that he really just doesn't have the stamina (lol) to run a complete campaign. but i totally know what you're talking about, the difference is night and day. so much more on message and in control

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

prefect posted:

Clinton Nov. win probability: random drift 97%, Bayesian 98.7%

A victory by Mr. Trump remains possible: Mrs. Clinton’s chance of losing is about the same as the probability that an N.F.L. kicker misses a 30-yard field goal.

Getting closer...

won't be happy until it reads "...same probability that an NFL kicker misses the ball entirely. like totally swings his leg and just whiffs the drat thing"

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

also the gop are fuckin ding dongs

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

they should have had the drug test though

but like, actual questions about drugs
code:
"is weed good?"
[]hell yeah
[]nah im a corncob
guess which one trump picks

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/788929494501523456
https://twitter.com/Lons/status/788938246327644161

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Just like with Megyn Kelly, he has no idea how to argue with a woman without losing his poo poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zas posted:

supposedly the first trump tower was actually a pretty impressive business deal. this is something i read in a bio that was critical of every other aspect of his life

The Frontline documentary said this too. I don't think Donald is devoid of intelligence or talent. I just think he's an awful human being who is crippled by his personality disorder in many aspects. If he wasn't born into massive wealth, I have to wonder if he'd be able to get ahead with his self-sabotaging narcissism.

XK posted:

I would like to read more about this. Do you have a source you can point me to?
Same.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Snark posted:

won't be happy until it reads "...same probability that an NFL kicker misses the ball entirely. like totally swings his leg and just whiffs the drat thing"

"Swings his leg and his leg falls off"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

idk wtf happened but i think the debate thru me into a tailspin

i got a confession to make: first concert, Rockapella :whatup:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Snark posted:

Yeah, I have to imagine that Vikings and Bills fans aren't comforted by these analogies :haw:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tomahawk posted:

Just like with Megyn Kelly, he has no idea how to argue with a woman without losing his poo poo

yeah, one notable bad moment for trump was the whole exchange with fiorina about his comments about her face. maybe donald trump has an issue with women!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mike Huckabee is a very dumb man.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm excited for ben carson to become the new mike huckabee now that mike is old and busted. heck i just can't wait to hear more from friend ben in general

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

TheHoosier posted:

I must have been sleeping during the 8-year period where The Donald conquered the gently caress out of the US's neighbors. Or when he had pirates crucified after getting them more ransom money in a show of excellent deal-making.

This analogy will work if he gets stabbed by Jeb!

You think that's bad, I remember Trump being compared to Cincinnatus during the primary. Anybody who tries comparing a contemporary figure to idealized ancient leaders is a guaranteed twat.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
so what will Team Clinton release today to infuriate trump? It has to be related to something he said during the debate

I know they've got another(!) lady coming forward with her allegations against him (I'm hoping her name is judd), but I get the feeling there were too many traps set last night

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Is he comparing Trump to a guy in a rubber mask? Is he saying that Trump didn't respect the rules of the competition he's in?

I'm okay with Clinton as Velma.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Fangz posted:

I'm way more than ok with that :swoon:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

When I look at any of these now all I can see is

RIG
IT

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

I like this "he's come so far" stuff. The GOP voted in an untalented lunatic that mortally wounded his campaign on the first debate, but hey, this time he only grievously wounded his campaign. Let's give him some credit for being slightly less incompetent.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

he hasn't come far either, like sheng-ji was saying he's really degenerated tremendously. they're just glad he's not directly wrecking their party anymore (even tho he is)

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Decius posted:

Nope, if anything he is Clodius Pulcher. Minus the sister-loving. Probably.

There's some Catiline in him as well.

And bloody hell, that's one of the most historically *extremely Trump voice* WRONG articles I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Dr. Phildo posted:

so what will Team Clinton release today to infuriate trump? It has to be related to something he said during the debate

I know they've got another(!) lady coming forward with her allegations against him (I'm hoping her name is judd), but I get the feeling there were too many traps set last night

I suspect that the Clinton camp will delay any release unless it alludes directly to Trump and extremism. The stuff with not accepting the result is too damning to overshadow right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Fangz posted:

This is the basis of all my young Hillary fan fiction

• Locked thread