Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they'll probably just show BOTW footage in the reveal of the hardware today and then be like "here's when we'll show off games", i bet the game reveals will come after the NES Classic comes out so that that maintains their retail focus for the present

e: also nov 11 (the NES Classic release date) comes after the election so they wont have to compete on the national stage with what will likely be Trump result-refusal histrionics if they show the games after that date

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Get the announcer from The Wiz and do a Nintendo World Championship style reveal

I give you
SUPER
MARIO
BROS

:siren: 4 :siren:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am very excited to know what it is called and what it looks like and does, friends.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

An hour to go. Christ I wish I knew how to kill time better.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
1 hour until nintendo goes 3rd party because they are so doomed!!!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Get ready for Captain Toad being announced for Smash 6

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Rexroom posted:

It probably is, since it was announced that the NX will be a complete deviation from the past.

To be fair, so was the Wii, and that had loving Gamecube controller ports.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

MinibarMatchman posted:

we'll probably see some of the mario game, since people have said the reason the announcement was delayed so long was to make the new nx mario run perfectly for demo or whatever.

Well that certainly didn't stop Hello Games. :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jonas Albrecht posted:

An hour to go. Christ I wish I knew how to kill time better.

new one piece just dropped

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

Get ready for Captain Toad being announced for Smash 6

what happened to smash 5

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

i am excited for the announcement of the same analog nubs that manchildren broke on their 3dses that work fine for me for hundreds of hours of smash and other games

and the announcement also of the same lovely l/r triggers that have broken in under a year for me on every nintendo handheld

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
My predictions: in a 3 minute video, 90 seconds of Breath of the Wild, 30 seconds of some Mario platformer, no actual footage nor definition of what an NX is

My wishlist: Splat2n, Mother 3, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Mo Treasure Mo Problems

I want it and won't get it: Andromeda, FF15, Undertale

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zolthorg posted:

i am excited for the announcement of the same analog nubs that manchildren broke on their 3dses that work fine for me for hundreds of hours of smash and other games
what a weird thing to be petty and snippy about

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

why do people think there will be game news or announcements in the 3 minute video

1 minute skit
1.5 mins of specs, branding, name, showing off core feature, maybe rapidfire gameplay montage of zelda/splatoon/smash/newleaf/mariomaker/poochy&'s
30s of teasing direct early next year

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Endorph posted:

if its portable its not going to have real analog sticks
its going to be weird adjusting for splat2n

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Endorph posted:

zolthorg, infamous for his Splatfest meltdown.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zolthorg posted:

if its portable its not going to have real analog sticks
the vita's analog sticks are fine

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's going to be called the NX. The codename stuck and they couldn't think of anything better. The N is for Nintendo, and the X symbolizes the intersection of two distinct platform types within a single system.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is something going on? Reggie just woke me up and is walking me to some kind of stage but he won't tell me what's happening.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I hope the first 2.5 minutes are a moment of silence for Iwata.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

That new Zelda footage looks loving awesome. What a glorious day this shall be!

The Nintendo Iwata.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna miss all the theories tbqh

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mourning Due posted:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised somehow if it was a smartphone style, so you play touchscreen games on the go and connect to a controller dock at home and cast to the TV for a more traditional experience. Then you could have backwards compatibility with the Wii u as well.

There's not gonna be backwards compatibility with the Wii U! Goddamn you people.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yo I'm gonna go watch Pet Sematary until it's NX time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is something going on? Reggie just woke me up and is walking me to some kind of stage but he won't tell me what's happening.
is there a sack over your head

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yo I'm gonna go watch Pet Sematary until it's NX time.

That's a good idea. Wish I could but I have to distract myself with work :(

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
is there like a stream or is it just a video? i'm like wigging out over here

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i want the reggie morning special...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In order to show that the NX will have third party support, they'll announce that the NX is getting Metal Gear Survive. Half of the announcement video will be new gameplay footage of Metal Gear Survive

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Raserys posted:

is there like a stream or is it just a video? i'm like wigging out over here

It is a 3 minute teaser video. Most likely will be broadcast "live" like the Directs.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
I just want a picture of the drat thing, just Reggie staring blankly at the camera with a static picture of the NX behind him for 3:00 minutes.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's going to be called the NX. The codename stuck and they couldn't think of anything better. The N is for Nintendo, and the X symbolizes the intersection of two distinct platform types within a single system.

But it'll be pronounced, the "N-Cross"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And if you haven't bought a NX yet, what's wrong with you?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i want to see reggie consume the nx

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

a.lo posted:

i want to see reggie consume the nx

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
We're receiving word now that the NX is a giant bird. A literal phoenix, and yes, it is rampaging all over Tokyo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I hate the name nx, I hope it dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Nix the NX. The Nintendo Nix.

• Locked thread