Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Phimosissy posted:

Spla2n Hairstyles HOLY poo poo

its amazing how all eight hairstyles look terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh yeah those were little cartridges I totally ignored that part

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gonna say, I'm not sure any parent wants to buy a system where the super-expensive poo poo which you almost certainly can't buy separately is designed to be taken out in public and contains multiple detachable bits.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Why is the name bad? The name is fine. It even partially describes it. Also, there's nothing else to confuse it with.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is it march yet holy poo poo every second of the wait was worth it

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The battery life on this is almost guaranteed to be atrocious, hopefully I can buy some sort of battery pack to keep it alive if I want to play it on a plane or some poo poo.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
I am buying this thing.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nintendo has saved gaming once again

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's called the switch, because I'm going to switch it off and never use it!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nintend... oes.

I'm into it.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I couldn't help but notice all the situations and kinds of people in the trailer were unconvincing to actually use a Nintendo Switch

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Were those framedrops/framerate issues on the handheld during the Zelda portion or am I losing it?
they looked about the same as Vita's framerate issues but with a much higher internal res

but i'm also willing to give benefit of the doubt as the trailer was filmed at 24fps and i dunno what the refresh rate on the handheld is gonna be

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Games that I saw, some are shocking:

New Zelda
New Mario Kart
New Mario
Witcher 3
Skyrim
NBA 2k16

COuld it be the 3rd party support will put them back into the limelight? And to add to that, the same graphical portability of the home system????

Jesus that would rock.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

St..starbreeze? Payday 2 confirmed for the NX?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

the tiny detachable controllers are hilarious

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

im gay posted:

Playing Witcher 3 at 60 fps on a handheld. Lol yeah ok

I'm talking about Nintendo's first party stuff, I have Witcher 3 on the PC I don't need it on a console in general, it can't look better. If I can play Smash or Mario or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Threes at 60fps while in portable mode I'll be extremely happy

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It looks good everyone!! Hell yeah!!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ImpAtom posted:

Gonna say, I'm not sure any parent wants to buy a system where the super-expensive poo poo which you almost certainly can't buy separately is designed to be taken out in public and contains multiple detachable bits.

Did you see any children playing it in the trailer? Heh.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The Switch looks loving amazing and I actually think the name is fine for a hybrid system.

Hooray true 3d mario!!!!!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
gently caress yeah but what's up with that d-pad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The switch has been flip

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nah it looks good. The controller looks kind of bad though.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Guys I'm doing it wrong, I'm excited about a video game thing and have no snark or pessimism, hype train choo choo.

I think the name's way better than Wii, it's catchy and says what it does. Looks really fun. And Splatoon, Mario Kart, and new Mario for Switch revealed in the ad?! I'm officially an early adopter of the switch.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

The name is simple, to the point and communicates the idea. I think it's good.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

It lived up to the unrealistic hype I had for it. I'm not sure anything's ever done that before. It literally does all the things I wanted it to do, and it looks really cool.

I just hope it doesn't have performance issues or a bad framerate c'mon :pray:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Switch looks dope as gently caress. I'm in.

I kind of adore the multiple different ways those little attachments can be used as controllers. And no lovely controller gimmick? God drat Nintendo, you might just be learning something.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not seeing KojiPro

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
From Software. Holy poo poo. Portable Dark Souls???

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

St..starbreeze? Payday 2 confirmed for the NX?

Looks like we can expect ports of I Am Setsuna, probably a port of #FE and maybe a late P5 port... probably Dark Souls too considering From and B-N.

Are they doing the Wii U thing with tons of out of date third party games?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
oh kewl there's a good d-pad on the pro controller one

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you bring your Nintendo to my rooftop BBQ, consider your invite revoked.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe parents need to teach their kids to take better care of their expensive toys

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Where in the video are people seeing Witcher 3?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Looks like no touch capability, so 3DS backwards compatibility seems to be out of the question. Still, it looks great.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
God drat it Nintendo - the only last thing you need to do is place the drat buttons on the controller like the XBox and PS4 so I do not have to remap everything and we are golden.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've always wanted a new super gameboy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Apparently the little controllers are called Joy-Cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Looks like we can expect ports of I Am Setsuna, probably a port of #FE and maybe a late P5 port... probably Dark Souls too considering From and B-N.

Are they doing the Wii U thing with tons of out of date third party games?

I mean out of date sure but having it portable might go a long way

• Locked thread