Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i see that platinum logo on there!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/789105563380494341

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

JordanKai posted:

It looks good everyone!! Hell yeah!!!

The Nintendo Swish

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

ImpAtom posted:

Looks like we can expect ports of I Am Setsuna, probably a port of #FE and maybe a late P5 port... probably Dark Souls too considering From and B-N.

Are they doing the Wii U thing with tons of out of date third party games?

If it gets a p5 port I'm in immediately

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
1:16 for witcher and then skyrim right after

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lol I wonder how many months EA will spend supporting this thing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Using the tiny half as a tiny controller looks terrible and awkward and uncomfortable but it will never be a problem for me because I have no friends to play with

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I see a Capcom on this list. Just gimme my monster drugs, buddy. I don't want no trouble.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I like it. I like the name. I like everything. I am the problem(?) with video games, I'm too easy to please.

But seriously, gaming on the go is how I do 90% of my gaming. This is perfect for someone like me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can i preorder it now?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
No man's sky confirmed as a pack-in game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zonekeeper posted:

Looks like no touch capability, so 3DS backwards compatibility seems to be out of the question. Still, it looks great.

oh? :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kashuno posted:

1:16 for witcher and then skyrim right after

That's Skyrim at 1:16, just in third-person.

eames
May 9, 2009

second version will be the Nintendo Lite Switch

Jolarix
Feb 28, 2004
Your reading skill has increased by +1 point(s).

So is it also a touch screen?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I can't wait for the Nintendo Switch

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Killed By Death posted:

Where in the video are people seeing Witcher 3?

Oops sorry. It went by so quick that at 1:18 or so while it is showing the 3rd person view of Skyrim, I thought that was Witcher 3.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

now show me a motherfucking Breath of the Wild edition of the Switch.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yet another proof Nintendo is doomed... haha holy poo poo..

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Were those framedrops/framerate issues on the handheld during the Zelda portion or am I losing it?

Looked like it. That thing's going to have halved framerate in handheld mode. At least. Given the action-y games they showed off, that's probably not a good thing. They couldn't even make the thing look good in their announcement trailer.

It's a technical nightmare. There are so many parts. Also, loving no one's going to lug around a WiiU tablet-sized "handheld" more than like... to the bathroom. Which, if you're into taking a poo poo while collecting stars or shines or whatever, that's cool. But I can't imagine anyone actually taking that thing out anywhere. No screen protection. Where would you put it?

Also that might be their worst controller ever. At least the default one. Four buttons instead of a dpad so, when you're playing half-assed multiplayer modes that don't need a camera control, you still have buttons. Fighting games are right out. At least they showed off one that looks a little better. Hopefully it actually has some heft to it this time around.

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010

Holy poo poo that controller looks like garbage

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I like the part where the puts the tablet in the charging station and picks up a NOT-XBox One Controller:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Not a bad reveal. Posting so I can quote myself saying I wouldn't want one before...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Huh, just noticed you can now have 2 items in Mario Kart 8 now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
where's the fuckin trailer?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Macaluso posted:

I really need to see how well the games perform when in handheld mode before I can really get excited about it. If the thing is capable of performing at 60 while portable, at least most of the time, that system is gonna be incredible.

Sadly I think this is going to more up to the developer then the machine so the first year is probably going to be a bit rocky. A bunch of dev might error more on mobile side then the home console side.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Oh dear god those controllers look tiny. How do people stand to play games on those things? I feel like I would break it in half.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Very excited about all the cute girls I will meet once I own a Switch.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
*Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne* Does it come in Purple?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nintendo has yet again promised to deliver a device I never knew I wanted so badly.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its called the switch because when you see it you will want to be hurt and also to hurt someone

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Clearly it's a typo, should be Nintendo Swiitch

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzUozo1628U

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Were those framedrops/framerate issues on the handheld during the Zelda portion or am I losing it?

It's visual feedback when the sword makes an impact just like a bunch of the other 3D Zelda's.

edit: Now I see what you are talking about. On the handheld. :(

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 20, 2016

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

It's a great name so now PS4 can be beaten with a Switch

sout
Apr 24, 2014

sout posted:

Is Nintendo's long term console plan "make it impossible to emulate the console experience down the line?"

I'm so curious about the NX but seriously doubt I'll get one, at least not for a while after launch.

Might get one. I'm dumb.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Depending on the price I might just get one at launch, because the only thing that excites me more than playing Breath of the Wild is playing it handheld.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seriously though the little detachable things look dreadful for people with large hands. They looked small in the hands of those tiny women in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
This looks really loving stupid. Ouya levels of poo poo going on here. Is this a prank??? I mean, it takes cartridges???

• Locked thread