Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Seriously though the little detachable things look dreadful for people with large hands. They looked small in the hands of those tiny women in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

EA is there :lol:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

ChibiSoma posted:

Looked like it. That thing's going to have halved framerate in handheld mode. At least. Given the action-y games they showed off, that's probably not a good thing. They couldn't even make the thing look good in their announcement trailer.

It's a technical nightmare. There are so many parts. Also, loving no one's going to lug around a WiiU tablet-sized "handheld" more than like... to the bathroom. Which, if you're into taking a poo poo while collecting stars or shines or whatever, that's cool. But I can't imagine anyone actually taking that thing out anywhere. No screen protection. Where would you put it?

Also that might be their worst controller ever. At least the default one. Four buttons instead of a dpad so, when you're playing half-assed multiplayer modes that don't need a camera control, you still have buttons. Fighting games are right out. At least they showed off one that looks a little better. Hopefully it actually has some heft to it this time around.

oh and the framerate was choppy when it showed splatoon too, maybe every game is 2 frames per second. that would make sense. i'm a genius

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Snooze Cruise posted:

That is a lie i also hope the console and all games are good, but i do especially hope for a Boo appearance.

well you got your wish

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alan Is More Upset posted:

I like the part where the puts the tablet in the charging station and picks up a NOT-XBox One Controller:

its just the wii u pro controller with the right stick and button placement reversed

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

No screen protection. Where would you put it?

I'm sure you'll be able to buy screen protectors or cases just like any phone/tablet/handheld, this is a strange complaint.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I will play the Nintendo Switch with my average-sized hands.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Saoshyant posted:

EA is there :lol:

From Software? can't wait to play Bloodborne on my switch

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not really feeling it and after the disastrous wii u lifetime I'm gonna wait at least two years before feeling comfortable picking it up.

Lots of technical things should be answered by that timeframe.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ChibiSoma posted:

Looked like it. That thing's going to have halved framerate in handheld mode. At least. Given the action-y games they showed off, that's probably not a good thing. They couldn't even make the thing look good in their announcement trailer.

It's a technical nightmare. There are so many parts. Also, loving no one's going to lug around a WiiU tablet-sized "handheld" more than like... to the bathroom. Which, if you're into taking a poo poo while collecting stars or shines or whatever, that's cool. But I can't imagine anyone actually taking that thing out anywhere. No screen protection. Where would you put it?

Also that might be their worst controller ever. At least the default one. Four buttons instead of a dpad so, when you're playing half-assed multiplayer modes that don't need a camera control, you still have buttons. Fighting games are right out. At least they showed off one that looks a little better. Hopefully it actually has some heft to it this time around.
wah wah wee wah mah wahh thats what you sound like

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All hail the return of Nintendo cartridges! :toot:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Switch, more like ditch

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Oh someone repurposed all those unused OuYajia controllers?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Whoa I just noticed that it doesn't have a d-pad

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Lol Nintendo keep making worse and worse controllers holy poo poo I can't even imagine holding that could come close to comparing to cradling Ben Kuchera's wife's titty

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kurtofan posted:

well you got your wish

Nintendo does answer prayers :unsmith:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

This looks really loving stupid. Ouya levels of poo poo going on here. Is this a prank??? I mean, it takes cartridges???

Faster than optical media and the storage can surpass it.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

This looks really loving stupid. Ouya levels of poo poo going on here. Is this a prank??? I mean, it takes cartridges???

cartridges are cheaper to produce than blu-rays. it's funny seeing people try to argue from a position of us living in 1995

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

What's wrong with cartridge based storage?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol where's the d-pad, is it only going to be on the Not-Xbox pro controller?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

People whining about the controllers just wait until the first revision of the system as we all know it will then be ergonomic as gently caress.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

its just the wii u pro controller with the right stick and button placement reversed

I'm upset by this because I really liked the placement of the sticks on the Wii U pro controller. You mash the button with the fat part of your thumb and move the sticks with the end, like god intended. Everyone else was doing it wrong up to that point and I'm sad Nintendo kowtowed on this point.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm so happy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Lol Nintendo keep making worse and worse controllers holy poo poo I can't even imagine holding that could come close to comparing to cradling Ben Kuchera's wife's titty

So begins the many many months of "This will be poo poo before I've even had a chance to get my hands on it"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope the OS doesnt take 20 seconds to do every single thing this time, the NES Classic OS looked pretty snappy and responsive

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

thanks for typing this retard poo poo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Quest For Glory II posted:

finally the wii u pro is good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Amiibo in the video too. I hope that thing has 4+ USB ports on the back. We need to know where the GCN controllers go for SM4.5SH

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sea Sponge Run posted:

From Software? can't wait to play Bloodborne on my switch

Metroid Souls confirmed.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The only real downside I see to this is that when my girlfriend gets addicted to Spla2n again I won't be able to ride out that 3 month stretch playing my current-gen portable system.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

lol where's the d-pad, is it only going to be on the Not-Xbox pro controller?

Their patents seemed to show that they could sell different controller layouts with this setup.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Hey guys let's play a multiplayer video game

*hands u a fun size snickers bar*

that has buttons on it, push them

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
that bitch was playing single player mario and brought it over to the rooftop to play multiplayer? what

the controller looks really uncomfortable in pieces mode

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

yeah man what's up with that controller that's shaped exactly like every other game consoles controller? that's so hosed up and lovely. how is anyone supposed to use that

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Phimosissy posted:

Amiibo in the video too. I hope that thing has 4+ USB ports on the back. We need to know where the GCN controllers go for SM4.5SH

I missed amiibo! Timestamp/screenshot?

eames
May 9, 2009

I don't know, going toe-to-toe with phone SoCs seems like a terrible idea. I assume this is some sort of Nvidia Tegra/ARM affair. The stationary part will be outdated when it is released and the mobile part a year later... and then what? :shrug:
Maybe they'll backport Wii Sports?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Nintendo Switch [to a different console]

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Can't believe Nintendo just won E3

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/Lwyvtrt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the docked controller looks silly but i bet it will grip and feel exactly like the pro controller, just with the button-pad instead of d-pad

• Locked thread