Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oliwan posted:

nintendo making a non console again for literal children, what else is new

stupid rear end bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I hope the handheld can wirelessly communicate with the dock so you can play Wii U style with the screen in your hands... otherwise the Mario maker port will be kind of lacking, and also you wouldn't be able to play touch screen games on the couchola

Id have to rewatch but was there actually any indication that the screen was a touch screen?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Just noticed Konami on that list. Metal Gear Survive coming to NX? Be still my beating heart.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i need to know about backwards compat + my nintendo online purchases immediately

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

Id have to rewatch but was there actually any indication that the screen was a touch screen?

There is zero indication other than the rumors which have been basically vindicated as truth

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Oh my god... portable Skyrim is finally here.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

well i guess because they:

- had insanely good games without relying on gimmicks
- had good names

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArcSys = Guilty Gear on the Switch?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

everyones looking at from software and completely neglecting the WB
thats correct

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Thank god nvidia got Nintendo to slap their name on the Nvidia Shield One

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

stupid rear end bitch

whoa, MODS???

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

a monster hunter that wont hurt your hands........
that got me more excited than anything!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

i need to know about backwards compat + my nintendo online purchases immediately

sacrifice your old systems into your new nintendo switchblade just like the old ways and keep a pile of outdated nintendo poo poo in your house to strip for parts in case of societal failure

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

from software

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

oliwan posted:

- had good names

They still exist, you know. You can still play NES and SNES games.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this just loving sunk in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

ArcSys = Guilty Gear on the Switch?

they also do VNs and like DBZ games so probably not. I don't think Nintendo gives a crap about courting fighting games if Pokken Tournament is any indication

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

mycophobia posted:

They still exist, you know. You can still play NES and SNES games.

yes, what i mean is that nintendo era of course

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

load up the nintendo switch wii u emulator to load up the wii u wii emulator and play a virtual console game you own but would need to pay ten dollars to have on the Switch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oliwan posted:

whoa, MODS???

Bobnumerotres posted:

stupid rear end bitch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oliwan posted:

The Wii was bad about this but the Wii U was pretty standard in this regard

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mycophobia posted:

this looks kinda cool

it could be cool but i wonder about battery life and controller usage when undocked. not that its gonna be the main use for most, but part of the console hinges on that.
At least it seems like it'll have solid 3rd party support this time around, but the offbeat release cycle ninty has been on for a long while has hurt them with multiplats because of hardware and poo poo, at least from what i recall.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Switch Is A Good Name

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

> awakens from NyQuil slumber
> watches video
> calculates how much NyQuil will get himself to March

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The Wii was bad about this but the Wii U was pretty standard in this regard

eh, what are 10 classic Wii U games that people will still play in 30 years?

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

The Switch is region free!!
https://twitter.com/TurnaboutAdam/status/789106307626373120
:pcgaming:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

The first thing to know about the new Nintendo Switch home gaming system: it’s really fun to play. With great graphics, loads of game titles and incredible performance, the Nintendo Switch will provide people with many hours of engaging and interactive gaming entertainment.

But creating a device so fun required some serious engineering. The development encompassed 500 man-years of effort across every facet of creating a new gaming platform: algorithms, computer architecture, system design, system software, APIs, game engines and peripherals. They all had to be rethought and redesigned for Nintendo to deliver the best experience for gamers, whether they’re in the living room or on the move.

A Console Architecture for the Living Room and Beyond

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

Nintendo SwitchThe Nintendo Switch’s gaming experience is also supported by fully custom software, including a revamped physics engine, new libraries, advanced game tools and libraries. NVIDIA additionally created new gaming APIs to fully harness this performance. The newest API, NVN, was built specifically to bring lightweight, fast gaming to the masses.

Gameplay is further enhanced by hardware-accelerated video playback and custom software for audio effects and rendering.

We’ve optimized the full suite of hardware and software for gaming and mobile use cases. This includes custom operating system integration with the GPU to increase both performance and efficiency.

NVIDIA gaming technology is integrated into all aspects of the new Nintendo Switch home gaming system, which promises to deliver a great experience to gamers.

The Nintendo Switch will be available in March 2017. More information is available at https://www.nintendo.com/switch.

Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

being able to bring 2 player mario kart with me is just.. so powerful of an idea

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the wii is back and its better than ever

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

What The gently caress is the tiny d pad lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oliwan posted:

Most all of the first party games I would say.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah this looked painful lol but they also showed pro controllers

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

dont really know how to feel about this
i mean burning everything down and starting cleaner and more efficient sounds really good but all that talk about custom software and hardware makes me think of ps3 and how apparently it was so hard to develop for.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Tfw you have to stop following the thread about the new Nintendo console and do your stupid job

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

The first thing to know about the new Nintendo Switch home gaming system: it’s really fun to play. With great graphics, loads of game titles and incredible performance, the Nintendo Switch will provide people with many hours of engaging and interactive gaming entertainment.

But creating a device so fun required some serious engineering. The development encompassed 500 man-years of effort across every facet of creating a new gaming platform: algorithms, computer architecture, system design, system software, APIs, game engines and peripherals. They all had to be rethought and redesigned for Nintendo to deliver the best experience for gamers, whether they’re in the living room or on the move.

A Console Architecture for the Living Room and Beyond

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

Nintendo SwitchThe Nintendo Switch’s gaming experience is also supported by fully custom software, including a revamped physics engine, new libraries, advanced game tools and libraries. NVIDIA additionally created new gaming APIs to fully harness this performance. The newest API, NVN, was built specifically to bring lightweight, fast gaming to the masses.

Gameplay is further enhanced by hardware-accelerated video playback and custom software for audio effects and rendering.

We’ve optimized the full suite of hardware and software for gaming and mobile use cases. This includes custom operating system integration with the GPU to increase both performance and efficiency.

NVIDIA gaming technology is integrated into all aspects of the new Nintendo Switch home gaming system, which promises to deliver a great experience to gamers.

The Nintendo Switch will be available in March 2017. More information is available at https://www.nintendo.com/switch.

Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.

Called it. They named the third Nvidia Shield the Nintendo Switch

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

oliwan posted:

smash brothers wii u because all the fuckin dumbasses only play the smash from like a million years ago when the new one comes out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

the start button. the select button is a little minus on the other controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oliwan posted:

Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Wonderful 101
Captain Toad
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Hyrule Warriors
Tropical Freeze
Breath of the Wild
Pikmin 3
NSMBU

Other greats that won't be played because of multiplayer server stuff:
Splatoon