Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it better make the mario wahooo sound when you blow in the cartridge slot and then increasingly excited noises if you keep doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"powered by custom nVidia Tegra"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Infinitum posted:

Oh man I wonder if you can buy cheapy cartridges that you can then download a bunch of games onto :allears:

They call those things micro SD cards. They are already supported on Nintendo's last handheld system the 3DS. :eng101:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
So I'm not seeing a disc drive on the tablet or the home dock. I wonder if backwards compatibility is a thing?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mulva posted:

Have you heard of this new technology called "SD cards"?

Even with a digital option, some people aren't happy unless they have a plastic box on the shelf that contains a proprietary memory card.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

It's like the bullet bill is coming straight at me

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Does this thing have a touchscreen?

I hope it has a touchscreen.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
No new Amiibos announced?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Oh boy now I can finally play The Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

What a dumb thing. What a godawful controller. And there's no way they don't cheap the gently caress out on the screens.

Any news on friend codes?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

Lol if you think that Nintendo isn't going to support Wiimotes and Wii U Pro controllers on this thing.

Seriously.

Plus, isn't that a bottom-of-wiimote/ NES MINI port on the back of the thing?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Where the hell are people seeing The Witcher 3? All I saw was third-person Skyrim.

That is a real pretty Mario game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm going to play the gen viii pokemon games on a television.... praise nintendo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ultimate Mango posted:

How about user replaceable batteries for the main screen and each of the two little controllers? HA HA HA probably not, have fun when leaving it plugged into your TV most of the time means you get 50% run time off the battery inside six months.
weirdly enough even cell phones have been going back to user replaceable batteries now, at least if you're not stuck in Genius land

I guess people finally bitched enough

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nintendo's Dreamcast

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maple Leaf posted:

So I'm not seeing a disc drive on the tablet or the home dock. I wonder if backwards compatibility is a thing?

Pureauthor posted:

Does this thing have a touchscreen?

I hope it has a touchscreen.

doubt it because of no touchscreen

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's a list of features going around twitter right now and one of them says "region free". Is there some place to confirm that??

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Taking guesses on battery life.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
This thing looks kinda cool

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The TINIEST D-pad ever made

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

bloodysabbath posted:

What a dumb thing. What a godawful controller. And there's no way they don't cheap the gently caress out on the screens.

yeah it has friend codes and you have to pedal it like a bike, it's so gay

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nintendonx is still a better name

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

No new Amiibos announced?

:tinfoil:
The fix is in. This announcement was a hoax.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Macaluso posted:

There's a list of features going around twitter right now and one of them says "region free". Is there some place to confirm that??

I'll confirm it for :10bux:

(no)

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

bloodysabbath posted:

*chef kissing fingers*

this is the good stuff right here

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My hands are cramping up just looking at this

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maple Leaf posted:

For gently caress's sake, no backwards compatibility. What were you morons expecting?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Switch's handset form factor looks great imo. Looks comfy, modern, and not bulky at all

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

CrashCat posted:

weirdly enough even cell phones have been going back to user replaceable batteries now, at least if you're not stuck in Genius land

I guess people finally bitched enough

actually i think they sell them so they can get money from people who think batteries still die from being on the charger

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I'm just going to wait until Game Explain does a 2 hour analysis of the video and tells me what I just saw. Like was that new Mario Kart footage, or just something from MK8?

I am buying this poo poo on day 1 because I love Nintendo games, but I feel like it was a mistake to make a console with another screen to up the cost. Even if it replaces the handheld line.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Kurtofan posted:

Nintendo's Dreamcast

This.

"Hey guys let's double down on the gimmicky poo poo that made the Wii U a colossal failure. Surely nothing can go wrong."

poo poo, I'll probably get one for Zelda if it has exclusive Switch only features.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Considering I missed getting a Wii U, I think I'm gonna get this, based on the announcement alone.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
If I ever buy this, I will probably never use the portability function because I am not confident in its battery life and I rarely go out on my own time anyway. Of course, the latter is expected, given I'm posting here.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i honestly cant believe they're going back to the Mario 64/Galaxy style Mario games, i thought they'd stick with 3D Mario World since their whole push was to keep making Mario more and more accessible to all gamers

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hahaha bullshit, that leak was real?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

that's just their start/select button, right?

it's not an actual tiny dpad

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

This 3 seconds of mario is game of the year 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They'll port every big wiiu game. Dont pretend you wont double dip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Jose Oquendo posted:

This.

"Hey guys let's double down on the gimmicky poo poo that made the Wii U a colossal failure. Surely nothing can go wrong."

poo poo, I'll probably get one for Zelda if it has exclusive Switch only features.

nintendo is doomed. i knew it

• Locked thread