Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I realized that since both sides of the removable controller deal are wireless, there are no contacts to get mucked up by goony cheetofingers when it reconnects which means it's very likely using wireless even when it's physically connected

Welcome to the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kurtofan posted:

Nintendo's Dreamcast

I'm 100% OK with this as long as it doesn't sink the solvency of the company.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cooling is a bit noisy lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Switcher 3

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

NVidia provided the GPU, and they had to build custom everything apparently?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the fact that the controllers are separated means I can play games the same way I did with wiimote+nunchuk

literally the greatest lounge-gaming control method ever. gently caress yea

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Phimosissy posted:

I realized that since both sides of the removable controller deal are wireless, there are no contacts to get mucked up by goony cheetofingers when it reconnects which means it's very likely using wireless even when it's physically connected

Welcome to the future

input lag helps makes my favourite games feel cinematic which in gamer terms means excellent

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
so apparently this might be region free. welp i'm buying this for sure.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So there is a touchscreen? Ok then.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The TINIEST D-pad ever made

This looks comfortable as heck

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The TINIEST D-pad ever made

That MIGHT be the new plus(+) button. The other half of the snapoff controller has a minus button on it. The face buttons look to be the same as the ones on a 3ds, size and make and everything.

On that tack, Holy poo poo is this going to be the first Nintendo handheld that has 2 analog sticks?! Without a tacky attachment that isn't the switch controllers cause I know you fuckers are gonna say it if I don't clarify?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Haha uh the devkit leaked on twitter twelve hours ago???

https://twitter.com/A_Cute_Lynx/status/788934869770526721

Vents/cart slot/headphone jack along the edge of the device are a 1:1 match with what's shown in the trailer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This better cost like $200 or less

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The "tiny d-pad" is just the plus button.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
Lol, well what I think we're seeing here is nintendos last console. They are probably going to charge 400+ for waggle tablet part deux. Honestly what is wrong with these retards at nintendo. Are they so convinced they can scam the consumerbase with overpriced gimmicky horse poo poo like the Wii again?

They make great software... just stop making retarded consoles nintendo. Just make games for other consoles, pc, and mobile phones. That's all you gotta do.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

This.

"Hey guys let's double down on the gimmicky poo poo that made the Wii U a colossal failure. Surely nothing can go wrong."

poo poo, I'll probably get one for Zelda if it has exclusive Switch only features.

doubling down on the wii u by literally changing their entire device strategy??

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I'm going to get it. I've got a Wii U though so I guess I might not be who they're aiming this at.

I am concerned about the battery life. And if you can buy extra screens or if the other person in the advert just has another console!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

So there is a touchscreen? Ok then.

No confirmation. Based on the trailer is doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

My hands are cramping up just looking at this

Its gotta be the least ergonomic controller of all time.

If you attach them then its fine, but the breakaway feature seems kidna pointless when they're less comfortable to use than wiimotes :v:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Any idea about these ports on the side of the base station? I'm not immediately recognizing them

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

EAB posted:

Lol, well what I think we're seeing here is nintendos last console. They are probably going to charge 400+ for waggle tablet part deux. Honestly what is wrong with these retards at nintendo. Are they so convinced they can scam the consumerbase with overpriced gimmicky horse poo poo like the Wii again?

They make great software... just stop making retarded consoles nintendo. Just make games for other consoles, pc, and mobile phones. That's all you gotta do.

Source your quotes

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Specs and performance are unclear but in concept this is exactly what I hoped for. People who don't care about portability obviously won't be happy and would rather have more raw power. I don't really care about them.

So those weren't fake mockups, we're actually going to get Mario 2 3D World, Splatwoon, Mario Kart 9, in short order? Hell yea.

Edit: forgot about loving breath of the wild. 2017 is the Year of Nintendo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is a sonic game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

im glad the switch is region free

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

Any idea about these ports on the side of the base station? I'm not immediately recognizing them

USB>?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Switch is cool and good, this is my uninformed opinion

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

This better cost like $200 or less

There sure are a lot of stupid posts in here today

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

They look like HDMI to me but idk why you would have two

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

EAB posted:

everyones dick was waggling watchig the Switch trailer, a great trailer for a Great System

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

EAB posted:

:kiss:

keep em coming!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

They're USB ports. Spec sheet upthread a bit mentioned the base having 2 2.0 ports and 1 3.0 port. So I guess that's where you plug in your Smash Adapter.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

ALFbrot posted:

Just looks like USB to me.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I guess I was expecting £300? That seems acceptable to me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phimosissy posted:

I thought this thread was bad when it was just Nintendo-diehards going slowly crazy

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Is that a battery pack or something?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

This.

"Hey guys let's double down on the gimmicky poo poo that made the Wii U a colossal failure. Surely nothing can go wrong."

poo poo, I'll probably get one for Zelda if it has exclusive Switch only features.

Are they really doubling down on the Wii U's gimmicks, though? They're providing a real controller (with a weird form factor, sure, but it's not a big tablet), they're not shoehorning in a touchscreen or a dual-screen experience. The big gimmick this time is that it's a hybrid handheld/console and I'd imagine you're free to ignore one of those halves if you want to.

I could imagine it not living up to the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One Scorpio thing as far as graphics and performance, which could be an issue for it, but other than that I don't think they're making nearly the same kind of blunder they did with the Wii U.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phimosissy posted:

Have they said how much it costs.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Quest For Glory II posted:

everyones dick was waggling watchig the Switch trailer, a great trailer for a Great System

I know you warned me the normies were coming but i didn't think it would be this bad

maybe this good depending on your view

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

this is a sonic game

Maybe?

What if it was Mario and Sonic 64-2 and you could play as either? Huh? Huh? They seem to get along at the Olympics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phimosissy posted:

i mean how much do you think itll cost? 250? 300?

• Locked thread