Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

-I can hide away in the bathroom for 20 minutes and play this while taking a poo poo
-I can play this at work while taking a poo poo.
-I can play this in bed while the kids sleep and poo poo in a diaper if I wanted to.
-I can play this in the car while the kids sleep, likely in their own poo poo, unabated.

all you single idiots with no kids don't understand the power this thing will have on fathers.

you might have a gaming addiction if you can't do adult things without jonesin for a fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmao at anyone who thought a Nintendo console would but graphical power at the forefront. Where have you been your whole life? In dumb head idiot dumb world? da

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Splatoon was boring

Somebody took a dump in the hot take machine today

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The trailer makes a big deal out of how you can take the controller bits off of the screen and use them to assemble a Pro Controller equivalent, but it seems a lot simpler to just Have A Pro Controller.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also fromsoft is on board which means we'll probably have portable dark souls so that owns

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

you should talk to your doctor if you're taking a 20 minute poo poo

Look I made 15 pounds of beef jerky, I don't see why we have to go grocery shopping when we aren't even halfway through all that jerky.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Well, this is gonna be preordered tomorrow! I am so hyped for this!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jivjov posted:

It's 3 minutes making GBS threads, 17 minutes "making GBS threads".

why would he be posting from the bathroom?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Let's from our Nintendo e sports teams early.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Louisgod posted:

-I can hide away in the bathroom for 20 minutes and play this while taking a poo poo
-I can play this at work while taking a poo poo.
-I can play this in bed while the kids sleep and poo poo in a diaper if I wanted to.
-I can play this in the car while the kids sleep, likely in their own poo poo, unabated.

all you single idiots with no kids don't understand the power this thing will have on fathers.

Seriously, they've made the Game Dad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So, I have always been interested in playing Nintendo's handheld rpgs like smtiv and Dragon Quest remakes, but never liked handhelds. Any chance recent handheld released might be retrofit into the switch?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

whaley posted:

nintendo needs third party support
NO NOT THIS KIND OF THIRD PARTY SUPPORT

correct

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So, I have always been interested in playing Nintendo's handheld rpgs like smtiv and Dragon Quest remakes, but never liked handhelds. Any chance recent handheld released might be retrofit into the switch?

There is a chance

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

It's 3 minutes making GBS threads, 17 minutes "making GBS threads".

This is the pro strat for pooping at work. Jivjov is here with your life hacks.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
So what's the current details on performance? Last I heard (a few months ago) it used an off-the-shelf mobile GPU but was also somehow more powerful than a PS4. I'm pretty sure at least one of those two things was wrong.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also Hamster being on the supported partners confirms that Switch will have Virtual Console since basically their whole deal is buying up old IPs and rereleasing them through Virtual Console and PSN

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

is that a bingo card

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Gerstmann says what I was thinking.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/789113752369102848

Of course the screen is probably some kind of touch screen they'll shoehorn game stuff onto so Nintendo won't sell a system without it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endorph posted:

you should talk to your doctor if you're taking a 20 minute poo poo

insert jerky joke here.

Lol if you don't use the bathroom to get some time to yourself though.

DaBeast
May 12, 2001
This thing looks fantastic! Love the ability to game and go.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Just noticed the big glass looking things with the bitchin' refraction effects, neat

(Look over on the right edge of the screen)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's literally possible!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Quest For Glory II posted:

Also Hamster being on the supported partners confirms that Switch will have Virtual Console since basically their whole deal is buying up old IPs and rereleasing them through Virtual Console and PSN

Yeah that probably why Konami is listed as well.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Is More Upset posted:

I mean, it takes cartridges???

We've reached a point now where where ROM chips have a cost and storage which compares nicely to the cost of pressing Blu-ray discs, and you get a ton of advantages like much better seek and load times, no need to install because of that, and far more robust media.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Poor dog.

Dude was playing the new Zelda and pooch was like hey you jackass, you have been playing Zelda all drat day, take me for a walk and grab a tennis ball. Instead, the dude sighs, switches to portable, goes outside with the dog without a tennis ball and the poor pooch can't catch a break. End result? Dog vanished.

Nintendo switch. Dog lives matter.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

gotta new idea lemme

SWITCH

it

- Missy Elliot prophesying about the new Nintendo console in 2016 wake UP sheeple

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Republicans posted:

Of course the screen is probably some kind of touch screen they'll shoehorn game stuff onto so Nintendo won't sell a system without it.

btw this is a hot burn on the PS Vita and the Playstation TV if you didn't know

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Republicans posted:

How the gently caress could the screen be a touchscreen. They showed people playing the games on TVs! Get a brain, people!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Real hurthling! posted:

They'll port every big wiiu game. Dont pretend you wont double dip

i will if the games have trophies

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I actually think the detached controllers will be comfortable :shrug: Reminds me of the best part of the Wii remote and Nunchuck which was being to sit in pretty much any position with your hands where they'd be most comfortable and still play which was pretty rad

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
close the thread, the NX has been revealed.

we're done here

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

EmmyOk posted:

Lmao at anyone who thought a Nintendo console would but graphical power at the forefront. Where have you been your whole life? In dumb head idiot dumb world? da

I'm from the 90's.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Whats the ram though this is very important to me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i mean it could be the hd remaster version of skyrim that isn't actually out yet

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Malloc Voidstar posted:

So what's the current details on performance? Last I heard (a few months ago) it used an off-the-shelf mobile GPU but was also somehow more powerful than a PS4. I'm pretty sure at least one of those two things was wrong.

It's the "off the shelf" part. It's using a custom Tegra GPU.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Whats the ram though this is very important to me

The Switch has the wrong ram

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Those crystal mountains hmm

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Guy Goodbody posted:

How the gently caress could the screen be a touchscreen. They showed people playing the games on TVs! Get a brain, people!

Touchscreen when portable, wiimote/sensor thingy when on the TV.

EZ

Orrrrr some games are meant to be played on the go, others not.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

univbee posted:

We've reached a point now where where ROM chips have a cost and storage which compares nicely to the cost of pressing Blu-ray discs, and you get a ton of advantages like much better seek and load times, no need to install because of that, and far more robust media.

I know it was dumb to hear them talk about cartridges and expect old-school styled stuff, but the Switch games look more like SD cards/DS games than true cartridges. It doesn't really matter, just a bit disappointing :sigh:

Republicans posted:

You plug the screen in to play on a TV so I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wonder if the new mario has multiplayer. Girl at the end hands a second controller to a friend and they both do the "We're totally playing the video game you guys" acting.

New Super Mario 3D World has multi and it looks like pretty much the same game so I don't know why it wouldn't.

Its basically NSM3DW2

• Locked thread