Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

In case anybody missed it, a bunch of Turtles 2 dials were posted: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558264 Not as many generics but the human Foot Soldiers are possible more insanely good than the robot ones, and lots of new good dials.

Two chases are up too: http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-...llectro-chases/ Both are very good, but hopefully the superhero alternate versions will be less expensive to gather than the previous chases were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

In case anybody missed it, a bunch of Turtles 2 dials were posted: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558264 Not as many generics but the human Foot Soldiers are possible more insanely good than the robot ones, and lots of new good dials.

Two chases are up too: http://heroclix.com/teenage-mutant-...llectro-chases/ Both are very good, but hopefully the superhero alternate versions will be less expensive to gather than the previous chases were.

The whole setlist is up at: http://wizkids.com/heroclix/tmnt-heroes-in-a-half-shell/

I'd say I'm interested in about half. I guess I don't know much about the turtles after Uncle Phil left the 80s show.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I need that shark dude, because c'mon, it's a giant cyborg shark.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sketch variants for Joker's Wild confirmed.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

And also really low point values, I didn't think Dr Fate or Alan Scott could even get as low as 35-40.

Also that shark dude from the Turtles set was posted in the above-linked thread and holy poo poo, that guy is gonna be rough to deal with.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That loving Man Bat sculpt is awesome and the Mr Freeze one is pretty cool too.

Not so sure about the incredibly low point JSA, they should make characters with split dials when they haven't been made in years, 50 point 3/4 click dials and then 3 or 4 more clicks for another 50 or 75 points.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I ordered my case of TMNT 2. The 80's turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady were enough. Any other awesome dials are bonus money.

Today was 500, no entities or resources. I have been waiting for a chance to play Ace the Bathound. Today was that day.

I ran:

TW Batman at 85
Bruce Wayne Prime
BM Batgirl at 25
SOG Batcycle at 25
BM Alfred
BM Batwoman
OP Kit Nightwing
Ace The Bathound
Weapon Drop (Waste of points)
Black Canary ID (Never Used)

Overall plan was to leverage a ludicrous amount of perplex and outwit to be able to do enough damage to anyone as needed. With Ace, TW Batman, Bruce Wayne, I have enough support if things go lovely as well.

Round 1 versus Andy and the Justice League
SMVBM Superman
SMVBM Armored Batman
TW Wonder Woman at 100
SM/BM Robot at 25

I won map roll and chose the Black Mercy map as I love it so for stealth teams. My first turn batgirl piloted the bike, Alfred moved out along with Bruce Wayne. Superman carried down Batman, nabbing a Ultra as he did. Wonder Woman joined him. I had a plan though. Bruce Wayne moved up and outwitted the Invincible on Superman since he ignores stealth. Using all my perplex I perplexed Nightwing to a 13 attack and 6 damage. TW Batman chose TK, TK'd Nightwing who charged Superman and hit for 6. Then the second 6 finished him off. No more Superman. Batcycle moved up carrying Ace Batman and Alfred who had pushed to his healing clicks. His Batman took away Nightwings defense and hit him for 3. The robot then retaliated for 2 more and put Nightwing onto regen. Wonder Woman charged Bruce but he made his shape change. She fell to an outwit and hit combo next turn. Ace being a super sleuth let the Batcycle KO the robot with an outwit and shoot. TW Batman psyblasted his duplicate. He took a poo poo at Nightwing to try and get points but missed and that was it.

Full disclosure Andy had told me what he was playing so I made sure to know how many clicks I needed to KO that Superman ahead of time.

Round 2 versus Atlantis
Civil War Namor
OP Kit Aquaman?
Namorita
Ocean Master
Mera
Atlantis ATA on everyone
Symbiote Object

I won map and chose the Black Mercy map again. I figured without any water this would be an easy game. Yeah I didn't know about Ocean Master's tidal wave power. He rolled well and half the map was flooded. I did the TK trick with Nightwing but this time could only get his damage up. Didn't realize Aquaman gets CR in water, missed all the strikes then lost Nightwing and Bruce Wayne in a devastating one two punch of amazing rolls. Kinda started writing the game off but then Ace and Batman did their thing. Since he had no support every click was worth it. With some RCE I hit Aquaman end dial. He tried to get a stat bump from the symbiote but rolled a 1. Aquaman charged. Batwoman but couldn't hit a 19. She KO'd him. Much clearing, he bases Batman with some atlantean warriors. I choose poison and they are out. Batcycle with lots of perplex help gets Ocean master. More warriors are spawned. They have issues with the hindering and can't charge but do block some LOF's. Batman EE's them and namorite is KO'd with lots of perplex help. Namor then fell and while a symbioted Mera was able to hit Batman to his last click it wasn't enough. Last action Ace hit mera for 5 to her last click. That game started very badly but then went very well.

Round 3 versus no theme

100 point FF Supergirl
OP Kit Wonder Girl
OP Kit Green Arrow
OP Kit Green Lantern
OP Kit Atom.

I won map roll again. Stuck with Black Mercy. He TK'd Atom at me to hit my bat bike after some early positioning. He didn't realize I had many ways to get around stealth, the cycle took away his senses and Nightwing flurried for the KO. He cleared and pulled back a bit via sidestep. I perplexed Nightwing and did a TK flurry to KO Lantern. He focus fired on him and KO'd Nightwing. Also lost the cycle but he had to push Supergirl off of hypersonic. Batwoman was TK'd and KO'd Supergirl. Ace and Batman took out arrow. Donna got Alfred and the 25 point Batgirl before I was able to catch her, but that was it.

Paired with TW Batman, Ace is just insane. You can pick any powers you need to fit the situation. Even when things went bad, was still able to pull off a win. Very fun team.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Today was a 400 point game where all figures on your force had to be female. I came up with an easy half dozen teams but the one that won out was Femizons:

SFSM Anaconda
CW Songbird
UXM Vertigo
AoU Yellowjacket w/Guardians ATA
AA Moonstone

Round 1 semi-mirror match vs Femizons: Moonstone, Superia, Titania, the TK Mandarin ring. I opted for the non-destroyed NML Dock map and moved just shy of Pulse Wave range while he futzed about trying to get Titania to grab the ring. After clearing, I had Songbird TK Moonstone while Yellowjacket toted Vertigo up to theme prob range, Perplexed up Moonstone's damage and got off a single target Pulse Wave on her dopppleganger. He used Superia & Titania to KO my Moonstone, then based Vertigo with his. I pushed Songbird to TK Anaconda, who got a damage bump and finished off Moonstone, then had Vertigo double Incap Superia and Titania. There were a few more turns but he couldn't do anything but move and clear, as I eventually had Vertigo and Songbird meet up and had a lucky streak of Leadership and Justice Like Lightning rolls such that I was double Incapping the pair of them every turn. Ultimately I won by virtue of his Moonstone having the Thunderbolts ATA.

If it hadn't taken me so long to figure out how to knock his Moonstone off the first half of her dial, I'd have had more time to probably KO at least Superia, but truthfully I probably under moved the first turn which made me have to overextend the attack, otherwise I could've gotten Anaconda into a useful position on the same turn as Moonstone.

Round 2 vs X-Men: Blink, Dagger, AvX Hope, UXM Emma, UXM c Storm. I opted for Starlord's Ship, a map I honestly forgot existed and really enjoy the layout of. I moved my ladies up to just outside of Blink's 'port attack range, and he responded by getting up in my face and laying down a Smoke Cloud while boosting all defenses. Luckily for me, Anaconda don't give no shits about being based, grabbing Yellowjacket and Phasing behind a wall to pop Storm in the mouth; goodbye Smoke Cloud. Moonstone Outwit's Blink's defense and Songbird manages to blast her and KO Storm, but Vertigo missed the followup attack on Blink even with the Marauders stat boost. His turn and Hope borrows Sidestep to slide next to Moonstone, but he forgot it's a free action and he then couldn't grab blades so she just jabbed Songbird for 2. Blink pushed for a Flurry/Blades on Vertigo, but I Sensed out of the first attack and the second did a measly 1 damage. My next turn, Yellowjacket Sidesteps out for a 3 damage strike on Emma thanks to Perplex, then Moonstone Outwitted Hope's Combat Reflexes and Anacoda socked her, then Moonstone followed up. Hope and Dagger both miss their attacks while Blink and Emma clear, then Yellowjacket uses Perplex to up her damage and finish Blink, healing Vertigo, while Songbird hits Hope and shoves her away on her last click. Emma and Dagger manage to KO Vertigo, then back to my turn where Anaconda evacs with Yellowjacket behind a wall but misses Emma, so Moonstone gets a Pulse Wave that hits the three of them and finishes Hope. They KO Songbird, and just as time is called Yellowjacket gets Emma.

He straight up forgot about the Serpent Society trait, and with her toting around Yellowjacket that pair was nasty as hell, able to attack every turn and never be bothered by positioning thanks to Sidestep.

Round 3 vs Kryptonians: Alura, 150 Apokalips Supergirl w/Amazon ATA, the female minions from the original Superman set. We stayed on Starlord's ship and both moved up, and when I saw the only attack he could make on turn two I scattered my team with Sidestep such that Moonstone was his only target and I had plenty of theme prob lined up while he had only one; he busted a wall with one generic, moved up Alura with a push, Outwitted my Outwit, the Charged Moonstone with Supergirl, rolling a crit miss which he probbed into a hit which I probbed into a miss, then countered Pulse Wave. I then went to work on Supergirl: Incap with Vertigo for a -2 defense, Incap with Songbird and make Justice so she doesn't keep a token, Perplex Anaconda's damage and tag her for 2 after reduction, then flub the attack with Moonstone. Next turn she goes for the free Quake but fails, Outwitting Outwit; Songbird hits her for the KO and makes Justice to remove the token from Moonstone, then I Sidestep away so she can Pulse Wave Alura and tag her Yellowjacket, at which point he conceded.

This team was seriously a blast, so much Sidestep and utility and most of them under 90 points. Moonstone was more useful as a bullseye for opponents to focus on while the rest of the team picked them apart. It was crazy how those disparate traits worked well together to let them function as a unit, and I can only imagine how much fun they'd be at higher points, say 600 with Superia and Black Mamba in the mix.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
So, as it turns out, Ammargon (sp?) Is just as nasty as everyone expected. Pulled him in a snake draft tourney last night, and I hit every single opponent on turn 2 with a 12 square phasing "charge" with an Ultra heavy. I then proceeded to eat the rest of their team each and every time. Raphael and Squirrelanoid were also there.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Bebop and Rocksteady are the best loving thing.

Tonight was 700 points no resources

I ran:

Krang
80 point Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
Alpha One
2 Sai Foot Soldiers
2 Nunchuk Foot Soldiers
1 Chain Kunai Foot Soldier
1 Katana Foot Soldier
Robot ATA on all the robots
Omega Drive

If I could have freed up 5 points I would have used the 100 point Shredder because he works very well with his henchmen. As it was I did the 80 because I was convinced I'd see either the Phoenix 5 or AOU Black Panther and I wanted strong outwit

Round 1 versus X-Men

DOFP Wolverine (not the old one)
Domino that can lower her speed to up her range
UXM Vanisher
Elixir
Warpath from UXM
100 point X-23
Dark Angel
Uncanny ATA on everyone

I won map and chose the Bank Map from SFOSM. First turns were always the same, I'd use the ATA to max Krang's defense and sidestep up with chain nabbing an ultra light and rocksteady a heavy. Bebop and Rocksteady would walk up being muscle for shredder. He did a big sidestep and carry with Vanisher and moved down to where I wouldn't be able to charge or RS him. Well, he was right that I couldn't do that, but alpha one sure could take a power action and yoink Wolverine right by shredder. Wolverine died to bebop and rocksteady and Krang though either bebop or rocksteady missed and got a token. That neutered his TA quite a bit as he couldn't ignore characters anymore. I moved up 2 other soldiers to get in the way of him charging. He broke a wall and X-23 murdered a robot who stayed dead. Thunderbird missed a second bot. Domino used sharpshooter to plink Shredder for one. Dark Angel did a RS and hit alpha one off his yoink power. Krang then psyblasted him for 7 and the rest cleared. He ran back and free regenerated for 2. Krang then KO'd dark angel. Bebop had accumulated 2 tokens and took off his tokens. Last action was called as I did a RS onto his elixir and crit missed.

Bebop and Rocksteady were terrors this game with the ability to swing or shoot for 5 thanks to the empower and enhancement they give themselves and shredder.

Round 2 versus Avengers

300 point Giant Man
Scarlet Witch
AOU Starter Cap who can give an avenger who doesn't have 2 tokens a free half move
CW Iron Man
CW Luke Cage
AOU Starter Wasp

I won map and stuck with the bank. I forgot about captain Americas ability to give a free movement, and giant man was able to quake all my bots save 1 and knock them off sidestep. That is killer to my mobility. Giant Man immediately went down though, Krang hit for 7, and bebop and rocksteady both finished him off with outwit help from shredder. That was kinda the play of the game as bebop and rocksteady then focused on iron man for decent damage with shredder helping. If one would hit the other would miss and I was keeping shredder going while also,doing good damage. Wasp tried to EE some bots but missed. Alpha one ported her next to Krang who used steal energy to heal back some clicks. She tried to theme but missed and that kept her next to Krang for him to heal again next turn. Luke went for robots and got one but then fell to Krang and bots. Shredder and his goons went for scarlet with and built up quite a few missing tokens until Bebop managed to roll the 9 and that was quickly the end of her. Lost 2 robots but got his team.

Round 3 versus all the shield people.

There were 19 dudes on the squad, it had thugs and Maria Hill, the Iron Man from Nick Fury who bumps up shield when goons die, a bunch of the nicks who have one real one and a bunch of fake. So many. He'd use the Iron Man trait to roll like 9 leaderships and have 12 actions a turn some turns.

I lost map and ended up on a civil war indoor map. So in both my first rounds I never picked up the omega drive because I hadn't needed it. This game started very slow. He read Alpha Ones card and I watched him count out how and where his iron man would be able to psyblast him, so I made sure to keep him behind Krang who was also behind a wall he moved down his dudes' keeping Iron Man well back. Shredder eventually sidestepped onto the omega drive but missed his first roll. Neither of us engaged still, there was clearing. On a turn he hit like 6 leaderships he moved way down, with Iron-Man being behind 2 rows of Goons. I looked at my opponent and said that the game was going to be decided this turn one way or the other. I rolled to pick up the omega drive, rolled a 3 and nabbed it. Shredder countered Iron-Man's invincible. Krang went colossal and I bumped up his attack and damage 1 more and charged and colossal punched Iron-Man. He burned every single theme prob he had but I couldn't miss as I only needed a 4. Iron Man took 7. I had bebop kill a guy, stupidly giving him +1. End of turn Krang took 2 and I perplexed his defense to a 20. Every person who could took a shot, but with no theme probs he couldn't hit. Krang went giant and shot Iron Man for the KO. That was pretty much game. He was super dependent on those bonuses for killing things and the leaderships. Krang became a poison and steal energy machine. Bebop and Rocksteady couldn't miss 16's and while I didn't get his whole team, I got most of it. I did lose Bebop as time was called to a crit hit but that was it.

God I love the turtles so much Bebop and Rocksteady are machines with their traits. If they hit? Awesome you did 4 or 5 damage! If they miss? Awesome, you get the ability to heal or take tokens off a guy! I will need to try them with 100 point Shredder. They make him worth his points.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We had our TMNT2 release event today. 400 points, with only figures from TMNT releases, ninja-types, or anthropomorphic animals allowed. I went with the new Fast Forces Turtles and April, plus the 60-point van and some Ooze.

Round one was against the four IDW Turtles. Donnie jumped in the van, and I had April grab the Ooze, and we did a positioning dance until he ended up tokening all his guys one turn, so I moved up, parking April and Mikey on top of him, with the others hanging back. His Donnie took out April (she gained his Sidestep via the Ooze), and Mikey made all his Shape Change rolls to stymie the others. We were pretty easily able to save April, and she took up a position to start healing my boys. After that, we prioritized Leo, taking him out of formation due to my Raphael opening a fire hydrant on him, then Donnie hopping out of the van to finish him off. His Raph and Mikey made a valiant last stand, surviving my onslaught for a good fifteen minutes on their own, with Raph clearing every time I missed him. But, with the FF Turtles all having top-dial Invuln, and April standing behind them for constant healing, they were never able to make much headway, and my attacks eventually connected.

Round two, I went up against a beautiful team: half a dozen of the new Foot Soldiers with the new Shredder, and then half a dozen Infinity Challenge Hand Ninja along with the Elektra from the Deadpool set, and my favorite object, Bookworm's Bookcase. The Hand clustered around the Bookcase, using the Enhancement it provides and their Hydra TA to take ranged potshots while the Foot ran interference. Again, April got the Ooze, then she and Mikey got dropped in people's faces. April somehow tanked a full round of attacks by the Foot and Shredder without getting touched, and my Turtle boys started dropping ninja. Once the Shredder was wounded enough, everybody but Leo bailed out, and Leo took the hit of the thermite bomb, which also wiped out the last two remaining Foot. But then Elektra got mad, taking out the van, capturing April, KO'ing Leo, and severely wounding the other three. This ended up being a really close game - as last action was called, Elektra whiffed the attack that would've KO'd Donnie and won her the game.

Round three was against the brutal combination of the new Slash, Armaggon, the new Rat King, and a Foot Soldier. He won map roll, which would've cost me the game on its own, as he took us to the oldschool prison map. Slash tunneled through the walls, keeping his team safe from any attack and ensuring first strike. So Armaggon and Slash wiped out the van in one turn. I had a chance to severely wound Armaggon, but after connecting with the first hit, managed to whiff on the next five attempts at a 7, ending on a critical miss. I would've lost anyway, but it turned into one of those games where our dice combined to form average probability, with me not going above a 6 and him not going below an 8. KO'd the Foot Soldier, hit Armaggon once, and didn't connect with any other attacks, while he never missed. But, man, that Rat King is a thing of beauty, and he was played really well. That guy is going places.

The Fast Forces Turtles are pretty solid, they just need the van to help with mobility. But, man, that April is just a must-have for any TMNT team... every game, I'd throw her out to get captured, then after her first rescue, have her switch to healing duty, and it worked very well. In all, I like this set much better than the first one. It just has a much better grasp on the characters than the first one, which felt very much cut-and-paste to me.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got my case in today: Renet, Shellectro, Kraang Subprime, every rare but Slash, and three of every generic except the Karai Soldiers and Squirrelanoids. Honestly this SRs in this set are so good, I don't think it's possible to get one and be bummed about it, unlike the Baxter Fly from set 1 who was an underwhelming choice for that rarity. The sculpts are dope and the dials rock; my only complaint is that the new cards seem to get way more hosed up in a single figure booster than the old one, but they're also a smidge easier to bend and reform to be mostly flat.

After trades and a few buys I've almost got a complete set already, I just need to turn a spare Shellectro into a Graviturtle.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/dc-heroclix-the-jokers-wild/dc-heroclix-jokers-wild-atom-flash/

What the gently caress.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Perhaps we are seeing a gamewide shift towards lower point costs for everything, so you don't have to play a 1000 point game to play a full team.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
This is still ridiculously cheap.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

What the actual gently caress :psyduck:

I mean I'm no longer worried about the low point costs of the JSA, but holy poo poo.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

This is still ridiculously cheap.

Like, a year ago, that Jay is 50-60 points at least.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Will I be able to make a JSA team that is...good?!

Those pieces are absurdly good for that cheap. The Atom is hilariously good for 25 points

That aside, what's winning meta tournaments at the moment? Firestorm ID Card and Nick Fury or something?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't know what was winning, but I'd sort of like to try out 12 Atoms and see what happens now.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm curious about the current meta too, I'm going to an Open here in Washington in November and I should probably make a team. I think Joker comes out too soon before it so I can't use figures from that set, otherwise I'd be tempted to run:

Atom x4
Renet SR
Vanisher
Ultron Drone x3
ID cards x4

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Just talked to someone at the roc championships and it's still all Quinjets out there. Token spawning and quinjets to flood the map are the meta at the moment.

But enough about that, all I post about anymore are teams I've played so enjoy a team I played

600 points, no resources, must have at least 6 figures on your force. TMNT 2 came out so I had to whip out some turtles again.

I ran a bunch of pieces from the 80's comic

TMNT 2 Renet Tilley
TMNT 2 Fugitoid
Con Casey Jones
30 point April
Nobody
40 point Splinter
4 Chase Wave 1 Turtles

Basically Renet would cart around the turtles while Fugitoid carried the rest. I would try to rush as quick as I could while letting Fugitoid push for extra outwit.

Round 1 versus the most appropriate team I could go against

Wave 2 Shredder
Bebop and Rocksteady
Alpha 1
A giant mess of wave 1 and wave 2 foot soldiers

I lost map and ended up on an outdoor map with not much hindering and elevated on each side. First turn he moved out with all the sidestep and moved down shredder and his minions. Alpha one came way down too. I moved up onto the roofs, making sure to stay out of Alpha One's range. He cleared and then I rushed him, using April to outwit Alpha Ones dimensional relocator with April and Shredders charge with Fugitoid. The turtles then got placed right in his business. Rocksteady charged and hit Raph for 2 with empower from shredder and a missed imperv. Bebop couldn't follow up. The turtles focused fire on bebop and rocksteady and managed to get them over 2 turns. The soldiers moved up but only ones that could not hurt me hit. The turtles hit back as hard as they could but he made quite a few robot resurrection rolls. Every turtle but Leo ended up on a clock with CR and their respective special powers from getting beat up. Was also terrified to hit shredder but with 2 outwits he had a hard time getting any hits in. With CR though the turtles were too hard to hit and they got quite a few foot soldiers. Eventually bit the bullet and KO'd shredder. Lost nobody and the turtles took major damage, but he had nothing left to capitalize. That thermite grenade power is nasty as hell. Only lost Nobody though.

Round 2 versus Metropolis

BVS Chase Superman
WF FF Lex Luthor
WF Batman
Bizarro at 125
SM Lois Lane
Toyman from a fast forces
Weapon drop
Justice League plus one D ATA on superman.

I won map, chose the Jean Grey school map.

First turn I moved out very little, only sidestepping Renet and moving Fugitoid slightly. I expected a TK Alpha from superman but it didn't happen. He moved lex and batman towards his weapon drop in a hall and superman moved up and nabbed a heavy. I did a rush again. Renet carrying everyone into the hall, Fugitoid taking his group down as well and their outwits killing Lex and Batman's respective outwits. Casey perplexed April's defense. Superman did a HSS attack going for April. He hit attack one but missed when I made him theme re-roll with April. Batman rolled a break to charge and tried to hit Casey unsuccessfully. Bizarro hit Raphael for 2 after imperv win RCE. I had Casey choose bat, perplex his attack to 12 and flurry batman after April killed his defense. First attack was a crit that hit for 5 counting the knock back into wall damage, Domatello with his giant reach KO'd Batman. Fugitoid killed lex's mastermind and Raph KO'd him. Renet pushed to super prob and carried the turtles next to superman who had 2. He had Lois move up and kill Raphael's empower. I had Fugitoid carry April down and kill his outwit. Splinter went down next to Mikey and Raphael. Mikey then flurried superman hitting both attacks. First did 2 because of invincible, second did 3 after a missed imperv. Raphael flurried and finished him off, Bizarro got a HSS shot off on Casey for 3 but that was the last attack be made as the turtles chased him down and flurried bizarro to death.

Round 3 versus Gotham City Underworld

Lex and Joker
2 Central City cops
Hired Henchman
Owlman
Lt. Gordon
Worlds Finest with just the Huntress clicks
Ace the bathound

I think that was everyone. I lost map roll and ended up on the bridge

Because I forgot that ace grants IT:Hindering, Raphael ate a 7 damage psyblast early. He Gordon'd up, I carried guys into the only hindering I had. He Gordon moved again and Raph was KO'd and he outwitted Renet's super carry. Not a good first turn. Casey sidestepped and perplexed donny's movement and Donny charged WF but missed. Mikey moved behind him. Fugitoid carried nobody April splinter and Leo up. April killed Ace's damage power. Casey moved up as well. Lex and Joker hurt Leo very badly. Ace charged Casey but missed. Owlman Charged Mikey and also missed. April's +1 was very clutch here. Joey and lex sidestepped back. Turtles hit back very hard and hurt WF to a blades click and KO'd Owlman and Ace. Leo tried to hit the central city cops but missed. Lex and joker then sidestepped up and ended Leo as he wasn't next to his brothers as I'd confused Casey for a turtle. The cops fell to nobody and Casey. Worlds finest went down to Donny. When lex and joker had no one to mastermind to Mikey charged and flurried with splinter boosting and KO'd the duo. Gordon alone couldn't do it and I squeaked out a win.

This game started very badly and could have been awful but Turtle Technique and Mikey and Casey Jones's flurry saved me.

I love the turtles, with Renet and Fugitoid they have mobility they could only get in the past with the turtle van and that mobility lack was really their only weakness.

Morand fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 18, 2016

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Round 3 versus Gotham City Underworld

Lex and Joker
2 Central City cops
Hired Henchman
Owlman
Lt. Gordon
Worlds Finest with just the Huntress clicks

I think that was everyone. I lost map roll amd ended up on the bridge

Because I forgot that ace grants IT:Himdering
You forgot Ace and then immediately mentioned him! I played the Owlman Is Bribing Everybody Underworld team, it was what Morand said plus Ace the Bat-Hound.

My plan was that between Gordon, double sidestep, and a 7 range, Lex and Joker have a threat radius of 19 squares, I had 3 enhancers, 3 police TAs, and 3 Outwits, plus Ace having whatever damage power I need, so basically I clump up and kill your entire team before you could even dream of making an attack. It worked super great except for that last round.

Round 1 was against a Spider-Man family:
common sfoes Spider-Man
Spider-Girl
Spider-Knight
Spider-Gwen
Madame Web
Black Cat
asm Scarlet Spider

This was a kid who's also relatively new to the game and he played like it. He moved his team up at random, not even taking advantage of Spider-Knight's ESD, which would have helped him a lot, and ended his first turn with Gwen and Knight both wide open for Lex and Joker, who took advantage and one-shotted each of them right off the board. It was a turkey shoot the whole way through and lasted maybe 5 minutes. Afterwards I showed him his guys' traits and urged him to pay more attention to stuff like that; in future rounds I heard him mentioning both Gwen's immunity to precision strike and the Knight's ESD, so he listened, which made me happy.

Round 2 was against the Heroes for Hire:
Hercules
She-Hulk
Luke Cage
Black Knight
Iron Fist
Human Torch (from secret invasion! that was old school)
Daredevil

He played smarter than the kid on his first turn, but still left Hercules and She-Hulk in my range -- I just had to sidestep up a bit to get to 'em and plan ahead a bit because Owlman and the Henchman had to move up first and be in place for when Lex and Joker came in, so I had to know where they were going. Oneshotted Herc and She-Hulk. He got me back with a lovely EE on both my cops from the Torch. That cost me a cop (Lex and Owlman made him take their damage too) and crippled the other cop and Ace. With one cop dead and the other on Empower instead of Enhance, it took me longer to shoot the rest of his team dead, but I still did it. I did lose the other cop in the process when Lex and Joker got hit again, but no big deal.

Round 3 was against Morand's accursed turtles. It was a close game, I really didn't do anything wrong, and yeah I missed some attacks that were hittable, but gently caress, so did he. What I think got me, in the end, was the stealth: Yeah, I could get around it with Ace, but doing so meant I had to get within 6 squares of his guys, and my team thrived on shooting guys from far away. Being forced into relatively close range meant that retaliation was actually possible, and the rest of the game followed from that.

I ended up losing second place by less than 50 points. loving Morand.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Court of Owls figs are up

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/dc-heroclix-the-jokers-wild/dc-heroclix-jokers-wild-court-owls/

9 attack and stealth for 10 points with a 2 damage exploit click? Yeesh

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

Court of Owls figs are up

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/dc-heroclix-the-jokers-wild/dc-heroclix-jokers-wild-court-owls/

9 attack and stealth for 10 points with a 2 damage exploit click? Yeesh

The designers of this set must have loved that story arc - they gave that keyword some oomph.

I was wondering if Talon should be a unique, though.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Have some more ridiculously cheap JSA dials.

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/dc-heroclix-the-jokers-wild/dc-heroclix-jokers-wild-hourman-sandman/

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

At this point they've got to have Alan and/or Dr. Fate be over a hundred points right? I don't even think you can accurately represent the OG Green Lantern in under 50 points. The 90 point Anniversary dial is more or less perfect though

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Waffles Inc. posted:

At this point they've got to have Alan and/or Dr. Fate be over a hundred points right? I don't even think you can accurately represent the OG Green Lantern in under 50 points. The 90 point Anniversary dial is more or less perfect though

We saw their point costs at NYCC. Alan is 35 points, Fate is 40.

After waiting so long for any new JSA, I'm really disappointed that they're getting this crappy 'specialist' treatment. Feels like a slap in the face to long-time fans of the game. I don't care how 'efficient' their point costs are... if you pulled the names off these dials, would anybody be able to tell who they're supposed to be?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

These JSA dials have to be their early Golden Age versions. I don't see any other way these can be said to accurately represent the characters. Hourman doesn't even have Toughness? Seriously? If I see a sub-100-point Spectre I'm going to be pissed.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The "A Simpler Time" trait name does suggest to me that these are supposed to be mystery men of the 1930s, not superheroes.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Part of me hopes a lot of these old school JSA sculpts get reworked into their 2000s counterparts with more palatable power levels, but that would be nearly 18 figures for a sub theme which I don't think has ever happened, because instead we need another Deadshot using a sniper rifle. I wish the JSA were just getting their own set instead of being shoehorned in with Batman villains.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 20, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Sanschel posted:

Part of me hopes a lot of these old school JSA sculpts get reworked into their 2000s counterparts with more palatable power levels, but that would be nearly 18 figures for a sub theme which I don't think has ever happened, because instead we need another Deadshot using a sniper rifle. I wish the JSA were just getting their own set instead of being shoehorned in with Batman villains.

The JSA have always been my favourite comic book team and characters, so yeah, I would've loved for them to get a full set

Torrent posted:

We saw their point costs at NYCC. Alan is 35 points, Fate is 40.

After waiting so long for any new JSA, I'm really disappointed that they're getting this crappy 'specialist' treatment. Feels like a slap in the face to long-time fans of the game. I don't care how 'efficient' their point costs are... if you pulled the names off these dials, would anybody be able to tell who they're supposed to be?

This is incredibly awful. I totally agree with you

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sanschel posted:

I could see that many JSA in the set if it's almost entirely the Bat villains otherwise with a smattering of the Squad. Like most villain focused sets usually still have a shitload of heroes relating to those villains so I'm going into this set expecting the usual cavalcade of remakes like Nightwing, lots of Robins, Oracle/Batgirl and such but if those are reduced to just a Robin, an Oracle since it's been a while and the 70s Batman we've seen the sculpt of then they could fit the cheapo JSA, some more expensive variants and then whoever needs to be made from the Suicide Squad and the Bat villains. Hopefully that's the case.

If they don't have some more robust/interesting figures of some of these characters who haven't been made in 10+ years and probably won't again ever then it will be a real missed opportunity. I don't know why they didn't make these ones they're previewing as either a starter set or split dials in the set, they'd be a lot easier to swallow if they were 3 clicks each with these one trick pony dials for 25 points with a more generalised dial available for 30/50 more points.

As it is this is the least excited I've been for a set in ages, they didn't do one of those unboxing videos with the actor guy which were always pretty fun to watch, the actual previews have been underwhelming and they've not done many of them. The sets coming out in mid November right?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 20, 2016

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

thebardyspoon posted:

As it is this is the least excited I've been for a set in ages, they didn't do one of those unboxing videos with the actor guy which were always pretty fun to watch, the actual previews have been underwhelming and they've not done many of them. The sets coming out in mid November right?

Pre-release events start on the 2nd, and the set officially releases on the 16th, I believe.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/049-Mr.-Freeze.jpg

An awesome Mr. Freeze comes with an ice wall marker on a great sculpt.

So of course he's a SR.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Holy poo poo that is an amazing Freeze. Lock someone in place and give them a -2 defense and a token and a penetrating damage next turn unless a friendly thaws you out???? For 90 loving points? Best freeze by a mile.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

To say nothing of what looks like an awesome sculpt.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Tuesday we have a 500 point game where only one figure on your force can be a named character and the rest have to be generic. I'd like to run a horde of Foot Soldiers but had a few questions: between the two GF Shredders, which would be the better option, or should I opt for Krang? And what assemblage of soldiers should I go for? The new ones are brutally efficient for the points and have better mobility and protection moving forward than the robots, but the chance to self-resurrect is super tempting. I have at least three of each kind so I could try for some kind of even split between the nine types.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Tuesday we have a 500 point game where only one figure on your force can be a named character and the rest have to be generic. I'd like to run a horde of Foot Soldiers but had a few questions: between the two GF Shredders, which would be the better option, or should I opt for Krang? And what assemblage of soldiers should I go for? The new ones are brutally efficient for the points and have better mobility and protection moving forward than the robots, but the chance to self-resurrect is super tempting. I have at least three of each kind so I could try for some kind of even split between the nine types.

Oh man these events are my jam.

If doing foot soldiers then the best shredder is the TMNT 1, one. While the leadership on the 50 point one is good it's not as useful as an outwit would be.

Now Krang? He works amazingly well with the robotic foot soldiers because you can use the robot ATA and just do utterly ludicrous amounts of damage. Go colossal once to KO his big dog and then heal up with steal energy on his weenies.

Between the two I'd go Krang

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Geo-Force is up and FUCKPANTS is he going to wreck in the current environment. He's a 160-point beatstick with Impervious when they're barely handing that out anymore who's got an opening click of 7// 11-Attack Psychic Blast for 3 Damage. He's also got traited Barrier that limits him to using it as a free action, but the markers persist until you've already got four on the map, in which case you remove one. When he takes two he switches from Running Shot to Charge, Force Blast, and IM: Ignore/Destroy Blocking. Anyone who pulls him in sealed is probably sitting very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

160 is a bit high to not have indom, though. You're gonna need the barriers to keep him from getting shot at when he's just sitting around.

• Locked thread