Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Augus posted:

how do you have a Somethingawful account if FFXIV was a lifetime ago for you

MMOs exist in some parallel reality for me- I've vaguely aware of their existence but I can't fully comprehend them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Potions being treated like normal energy drinks but turned into healing items because of noctis"s powers is a really cool idea.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Seems like Square has really turned it around since FF 14 1.0 and FF13/13-2. I'm pretty drat excited about 15, and 14 is continuing to be pretty fun and interesting. I'm glad they're out of the loving trench.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
13-2 was good, comparatively speaking - and also mostly developed by Tri-Ace. Lightning Returns was Square-Enix again, and it was awful.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

LordMune posted:

13-2 was good, comparatively speaking - and also mostly developed by Tri-Ace. Lightning Returns was Square-Enix again, and it was awful.

Got them mixed up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

LordMune posted:

Yeah, you're a big fan of tri-ace all right

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LordMune posted:

The 13 series only gets better as it carries on and has a legit good game by the end. :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
EDIT: Forget it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
God the more I watch the gameplay the more I feel like Prompto's writing is 50% Michelangelo and 50% Sonic Adventure 2. It's charming.

Although the closer we get to the release the less I'm ready to just throw money at the game. I'm pretty concerned about the lasting appeal of the combat system.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Nina posted:

God the more I watch the gameplay the more I feel like Prompto's writing is 50% Michelangelo and 50% Sonic Adventure 2. It's charming.

Although the closer we get to the release the less I'm ready to just throw money at the game. I'm pretty concerned about the lasting appeal of the combat system.

It only needs to last for like 50 hours or whatever.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I just sincerely hope you gain more combat options you need active input for as you progress beyond just passive buffs and such.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did that road trip gimmick on amazon start yet

Gemcrim
May 26, 2014

Straight outta Sumaru
Think it starts 11/1. As far as I understand need to wait for a code from your amazon preorder to participate as well?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCvtl3jwnkc

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That is absolutely amazing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
That is delightful.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I usually don't like "lure" abilities in games but that looks cool.

Also reminds me of tossing Mog from Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I love that after the lightning spell the moogle doll comes flying back toward Noctis, burnt to a crisp.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently Best Buy has the game and season pack combo discounted to $75 today($60 with GCU.

The question what the hell would the season pass include?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It was detailed somewhere.

It's two quest misc quest packs and three episodes, each focusing on a party member iirc.

Edit: nvm this is all we know http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1541609/final-fantasy-xv-has-a-season-pass-you-can-buy-but-theres-a-catch

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixFR/status/791334943507017728

Q: What did you like the most about FFXV's development?

Tabata: Finishing the game! And knowing that I will be able to play Civilization 6 now!

Congratulations, team. :toot:

There's gonna be a big livestream tomorrow with new info and probably a more official reveal that the game is done.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
The most important thing: when will ImpAtom start dropping increasingly detailed hints on whether it's good while he writes his review?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna spoil it for you right now

It's good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The most important thing: when will ImpAtom start dropping increasingly detailed hints on whether it's good while he writes his review?

I can't say if the game gives you cancer, I just want to warn you to perhaps check your medical insurance before you play it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ImpAtom posted:

I can't say if the game gives you cancer, I just want to warn you to perhaps check your medical insurance before you play it.

:stare:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't worry, it's the good kind of cancer

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Arist posted:

Don't worry, it's the good kind of cancer

forumscancer

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Noct's magical Maenad powers make it good cancer instead of regular cancer.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'm surprised he wants to play Civ6.

I mean play a PC game....in JAPAN 2016??

Also wasn't he all "Man I can't wait to spend time with my daughter" which made me feel real bad but then hes like "Oh no, screw you girl, Civ6"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Online multiplayer DLC.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ivTFP7Qa-Y

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

"Oh look! Doggie!" *pulls over so bad he totals his car*

Okay, Noctis.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Prompto did the same in Brotherhood, it's a running theme obvs

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Blackfyre posted:

I'm surprised he wants to play Civ6.

I mean play a PC game....in JAPAN 2016??

Also wasn't he all "Man I can't wait to spend time with my daughter" which made me feel real bad but then hes like "Oh no, screw you girl, Civ6"

He's probably divorced after the last couple years

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

That was pretty cool.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Schwartzcough posted:

That was pretty cool.

Yeah, this is the first time I've been intrigued by the over-arching plot. Buddy road trip and the battle system and exploring had sold me on it, but will be great if the narrative beyond the four main dudes holds up its end of the bargain as well.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Oh my

That's the first vid I've seen that really grabbed me with the overall story. Feeling much better about my pre-order now.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

What time does this unlock on PSN? I'm trying to decide if I should keep my Amazon preorder or just buy it on PSN

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

"Oh cool, my son becomes a huge badass then. I was worried when I saw him going through his boyband phase."

EDIT: Also is it just me or did that trailer imply the crystal itself is the real true secret villain?

Gologle fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Final Fantasy XV: Where the Fairy Flies

Anyway for those who didn't read the description, pretty much none of what happened in the trailer are things that will actually happen in-game; it was a vision of a possible future Regis had. A what-if of the burdens Noctis would have to face if he went out alone instead of having his ~nakama~ with him.

• Locked thread