Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Their shady lore is very unambiguously evil and venal. They turned a huge chunk of Australia into Fallout, basically

Not a huge chunk, just a stretch of desert in central Australia. Roadhog and a bunch of local settlers got pissed off at an Omnium being allowed to be set up there, so they sabotaged its nuclear reactor and blew it up.

Also they clearly turned it into Mad Max, not Fallout. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Civilized Fishbot posted:

What did McCree ever do wrong? iirc the only EU material of him is a comic of him busting up a train robbery

I thought he was originally part of the Deadlock Gang but saw the error of his ways?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hes a G*ddamn badass, as signified by his freakin sweet belt buckle that indicates himself as such

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

overwatch heroes greatest flaws

zenyatta: lovely buddhist

I actually get so angry whenever Zenyatta says "the enemy turret no longer exists".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"The enemy turret no longer exists, you god drat fascists"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Thing about other games is that the sheer volume of ammo boxes laying around the place really took away the strategic need to control those resources a la quake. Going back to that would (not sure this would be bad mind you) cause reddit to go supernova and erase their colo center from the face of the planet.

At the same time I wonder if that's why some of the flanker heroes end up being so strong. Like imagine Genji who had to pick up ammo boxes

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Tiler Kiwi posted:

overwatch heroes greatest flaws

genji: doesnt send thank you cards
mccree: smokes indoors
pharah: uses fossil fuels
reaper: would probably punch a baby, terrorism, littering
76: trump supporter
tracer: annoying accent
bastion: probably mulched an entire family in a hail of gunfire, spooked a bird once
hanzo: party pooper, doesnt tip
junkrat: aussie 9/11 stuff or somethin
mei: preserved falun gong organs
torbjorn: short
widowmaker: murders people, eats silver
dva: says "lol" out loud
reinhardt: is reinhardt
roadhog: actual serial murderer
winston: not a real doctor
zarya: robot racist
ana: faked death to avoid child support payment
lucio: poser
mercy: violates Geneva convention
symmetra: tax evasion, sociopath
zenyatta: lovely buddhist

redo this except with their favorite halloween candy instead of their greatest flaws

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

strong bird posted:

Hes a G*ddamn badass, as signified by his freakin sweet belt buckle that indicates himself as such

It says DRAW on my riverboat skin :confused:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Feel free to refer to this canon alignment chart that I found through official Blizzard sources in any future discussions.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Foxhound posted:

Feel free to refer to this canon alignment chart that I found through official Blizzard sources in any future discussions.

Isn't it a big conspiracy theory that Mercy is not lawful good at all and is basically paramedic from MGS3 and is basically the original Patriots

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

I Said No posted:

redo this except with their favorite halloween candy instead of their greatest flaws

they all eat snickers because theyre consumer sheeple

even the loving robots

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

theyre consumer sheeple

Game recognize game

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Foxhound posted:

hahahaha chaotic neutral, every loving time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Foxhound posted:

That goddamn joke never stops being funny :allears:.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

idgi

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not a huge chunk, just a stretch of desert in central Australia. Roadhog and a bunch of local settlers got pissed off at an Omnium being allowed to be set up there, so they sabotaged its nuclear reactor and blew it up.

Also they clearly turned it into Mad Max, not Fallout. :colbert:

Also they did this after Australia was given to the robots as part of a peace deal, which is maybe the dumbest part of Overwatch lore.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah, not even robots would want australia

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

What did McCree ever do wrong? iirc the only EU material of him is a comic of him busting up a train robbery

Roadhog turned Australia into Fallout/Mad Max world, but Junkrat wasn't involved in it.

McCree has a dark past or something iirc.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Fusion Restaurant posted:

According to tumblr, this dark past involved a lot of gay sex.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Naerasa posted:

According to tumblr, this dark past involved a lot of gay sex.

According to tumblr and my headcanon

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Their shady lore is very unambiguously evil and venal. They turned a huge chunk of Australia into Fallout, basically

Nah man, Blizzard has gone on record to say that Roadhog is actually the hero of the story.

Sorry about your headcanon. :(

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Gimnbo posted:

SOMBRA SYMMETRA TIME?

edit:

gently caress

Apparently Soldier 76 time? Jeff says he'll be buffed or something. Cant wait for this PTR, sounds interesting. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749707732#post-13

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Fusion Restaurant posted:

McCree was a member of a trainrobbing cowboy gang in stardate 2090, then OW busted him and told him he could either go to jail or join the spy division. He chose to join the spies, so OW's spy division is a cowboy and sir shotguns

Also bastion isn't an omnic

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I thought he was originally part of the Deadlock Gang but saw the error of his ways?

I thought he was part of the gang, but Reyes saw potential in him and was like "Hey check it your two options are I put you in a wood chipper right now or you come with me and do Blackwatch poo poo and pay your debt to society and get me coffee whenever I say." McCree went along and eventually regained some humanity by working with good people and hanging out with Ana's little girl and poo poo. After Overwatch and Blackwatch ate each other, he hosed off to parts unknown doing god knows what until his dead friends called him up to help walk a limousine through a movie set

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Isn't Junkrat chaotic neutral incarnate considering his entire drive is self profit whether it's good or bad?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

RugClockVexx posted:

Apparently Soldier 76 time? Jeff says he'll be buffed or something. Cant wait for this PTR, sounds interesting. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749707732#post-13

Come on Junkrat buffs, come on Junkrat buffs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dva is the true chaotic evil, she livestreams her murder sesh in-uinverse. Really she's the most psychotic of all of em, they're all just doing their thing but Dva is in it for the ~popularity~.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

hanzo: fed his brother into a wood chipper

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Semper Fudge posted:

Come on Junkrat buffs, come on Junkrat buffs.

People don't need any more excuses to play trash

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

turtlecrunch posted:

People don't need any more excuses to play trash

I'm sorry you got chain-trapped as Rein

Maybe someday you can heal and move on

but you can't move on because you're chain-trapped

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grapplejack posted:

Also they did this after Australia was given to the robots as part of a peace deal, which is maybe the dumbest part of Overwatch lore.

iirc, it was just getting to keep their Omnium (Omnic city/factory?) in the middle of Australia, where the local settlers really wanted it gone after the Omnic Crisis was resolved.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Foxhound posted:

There it is, on time.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

turtlecrunch posted:

McCree was a member of a trainrobbing cowboy gang in stardate 2090, then OW busted him and told him he could either go to jail or join the spy division. He chose to join the spies, so OW's spy division is a cowboy and sir shotguns

Also bastion isn't an omnic

I'm pretty sure Omnic is just a blanket term for robots with AI, so Bastion should count, unless this is something Blizzard themselves have confirmed

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Gah! just played junkenstiens revenge with a pug,

fine until Mercy - then they refused to target mercy and she was ressing and healing roadhog and reaper thannks guys....

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I didn't even know she could rez aside from the initial one that starts the final battle.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

More evil/villian characters in general would be cool.

Right now we have:
Reaper
Widow
Junkrat
Roadhog

questionable:
McCree
Symmetra
Hanzo

Roadhog only pawn in game of life

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

drrockso20 posted:

I'm pretty sure Omnic is just a blanket term for robots with AI, so Bastion should count, unless this is something Blizzard themselves have confirmed

Omnic is a brand name. Despite the Omnica corporation's collapse draconian intellectual property laws keep it under protection.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I hope they make it possible to play Junkenstein's Revenge as a custom game mode, with any character allowed

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

killing genji is a morally righteous act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

I hope they make it possible to play Junkenstein's Revenge as a custom game mode, with any character allowed

I don't think it'd be good at all with characters like Mei allowed