Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Too weak to run Fallout 4. But at least Mario looks fun. I hope to God that motion controls are out. Edit: Mario Galaxy Remastered would be so awesome. Looks great on Dolphin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Super No Vacancy posted:

thanks so much for this its really horrendously embarrassing when consumers fail to prostrate themselves before the legal fictions of their corporate gods

eat poo poo jivjov i've missed your bad thoughts with the wii u thread having closed

It like, wasn't even jivjov though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

since the thing has a share button (I think? the square thing?? maybe tahts the girl gamer button) i think it would be dope if i can stream from a portable to Twitch or w/e

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Also your heart is made of stone if you didn't hear Gusty Garden GAlaxy in your head watchin the mario part of teh video

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

720p60. And you gotta give up something to get that kinda performance out of WiiU hardware.

If MK8 was on Xbone or PS4 it would be insane.

I think you mean PC. Xbone and PS4 are garbage machines.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Suspicious Cook posted:

http://i.imgur.com/Lwyvtrt.mp4

This definitely looks more like a SM64 or Sunshine style Mario.

As noted before, there's a heart like from SM64 in the background there indicating a probable health bar. I'd also like to point out the invisible mountains you can see shimmering. After Galaxy, the only place Mario can go is inter-dimensional, pulling mountains in from the Super Mario Dark World.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
This thing looks good and I look forward to taking it on plane rides

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

I don't really understand the use case for this. It looks really awkward and I don't the demographic they're targeting will give a poo poo about it.

adults who want to go to the rooftop party across the way but never stop gameing en route or even once they get to the party. did you not even watch the trailer

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Super No Vacancy posted:

thanks so much for this its really horrendously embarrassing when consumers fail to prostrate themselves before the legal fictions of their corporate gods

eat poo poo jivjov i've missed your bad thoughts with the wii u thread having closed

You know that wasn't my post....right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chas McGill posted:

I don't really understand the use case for this. It looks really awkward and I don't the demographic they're targeting will give a poo poo about it.

I don't care about it, therefore no one cares about it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

People who want to play games at home, people who want to play games whilst not at home.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm probably going to ignore the weird snap off controllers and the portability in general and just use the 360 controller + tv dock. super good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

anatomi posted:

Too weak to run Fallout 4. But at least Mario looks fun. I hope to God that motion controls are out.

as though any console would be able to run Fallout 4 without poo poo breaking

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i know where you anti-nintendo normies come from, i was once one of you. but it actually owns to be a sycophant and enjoy every great Nintendo gaming experience

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jivjov posted:

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

You're getting upset that you won't be able to buy a DeDeDe Amiibo in 2032.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

jivjov posted:

People hate you so much they've started using it as an insult to other posters.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Super No Vacancy posted:

adults who want to go to the rooftop party across the way but never stop gameing en route or even once they get to the party. did you not even watch the trailer
Oh yeah that's right. Also ballers who want to take a break from actually playing their sport in order to play a simulation of it on a tiny screen.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're about to release two major Pokemon games for 3DS. It isn't going anywhere.

A Game Freak/Pokemon Company guy said that Pokémon's main games are going to be on the big boy console and leaked a few things about the NX.

He... wasn't technically wrong.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
With the inter-dimensional transparent mountain theory, the next Mario is likely to be called Mario Switch, because you switch between two dimensions in the level you're in.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cant wait to prop it up on its side on a pillow in bed, pull the covers over me, a joycon in each hand in a comfy position, and play Nintendo games at night in bed :3:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope there's a TMS2 with associated amiibo so i can buy them and take it to the laundromat to play. wearing my gameing cargos with two anime babes in each pocket, naturally

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Super No Vacancy posted:

Nice meltdown

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Close this thread

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

With the inter-dimensional transparent mountain theory, the next Mario is likely to be called Mario Switch, because you switch between two dimensions in the level you're in.

What, like Super Paper Mario?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Golden Goat posted:

People hate you so much they've started using it as an insult to other posters.

I'm flattered

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I remember I thought the 3D in the 3DS would be dumb, but then I got one and I loved it.
I remember I thought the tablet on the Wii U would be dumb, but then I got one and I loved it.

Just give up.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

i'm probably going to ignore the weird snap off controllers and the portability in general and just use the 360 controller + tv dock. super good

I'm not. But I'll never snap those things of if I can help it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

yep. i dont even really play my 3ds much when im not at home so im definitely not carrying this thing around. couch gaming for life

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

deadly_pudding posted:

I think you don't care, but software is a service license, not a product. You are paying for the license to operate, typically, one copy of the game that you paid for. It doesn't matter if the DLC is already there on the disc or whatever. You didn't buy the disc. You bought the software license, and the disc is a means of getting the software to you.

It's copyright- you don't own the data, it just happens to be in your possession. DLC and amiibo-locked content is the same way. Buying the game didn't give you an implicit right to that content, so if it becomes unavailable before you got around to buying it, there's not any actual loss. It would be like suing Nabisco for taking pumpkin spice oreos off the shelf before you got to try one- you had the opportunity to buy something during the window of availability, and you didn't.

I get this, but am I not allowed to dislike that arrangement?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I have a 45 minute train ride to work in the morning and the fact I will be able to play BotW on my way to work is the best thing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Close this thread

This, we actually know what an nx is now, this thread has outlived its usefulness

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Electromax posted:

lol if you think i don't have one of each dedede. just sad to see people tie themselves into knots to defend the steady minimization of consumer rights because they cant enjoy their baubles without an involved personal backstory

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chas McGill posted:

Then you don't understand the Japanese gaming market. Becuase this is 100% designed for them and makes complete sense for their culture.

It'll sell in the west too though.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Electromax posted:

You say that like you can get one now. The smash one at least.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

anatomi posted:

Too weak to run Fallout 4. But at least Mario looks fun. I hope to God that motion controls are out. Edit: Mario Galaxy Remastered would be so awesome. Looks great on Dolphin.

Fallout 4...... Is bad

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The battery life is gonna suck, isn't it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

anatomi posted:

Too weak to run Fallout 4.

source your quotes

sout
Apr 24, 2014