Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

That's pretty much how I feel about the PS4. I can get most of the games I want on PC, barring Nintendo exclusives. A PS4 at this point would be me paying $460 to play Persona 5.

i consider selling it sometimes but then i remember japan has tethered me to it until they start releasing pc ports of fighting games at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is never going to happen. That is a crazy thing to wait for. Nintendo specifically said the DS wan't replacing the GBA. They aren't going to say "the 3DS is dead, everybody stop buying 3DSes"

Why would you wait for that?

it's like the people who expect nintendo to release official, detailed hardware specs, i.e. not a thing that they've ever done ever

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

deadly_pudding posted:

That's pretty much how I feel about the PS4. I can get most of the games I want on PC, barring Nintendo exclusives. A PS4 at this point would be me paying $460 to play Persona 5.

I bought Dragon Quest Builders with the intent to buy a PS4, FF15, and a few other games like Wattam and Persona 5.

I... don't know anymore.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How is it that you're suddenly an insider when your post history has you being shocked by the announcements/speculating earlier in the thread?

Hey playing along with a sense of humor is always fun!

We are goons after all. Are you protected?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i got a used ps4 for $200

:shrug:

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
TBH I trust the guy going 'Me I'm the source I know this' more than jpgs of spec lists found on twitter.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Utnayan posted:

I am just telling you what I know.

One major thing yet to still be worked out (Which will most likely be a future and not in at launch)

* Wii U/3DS Digital Storefront backwards compatibility. Meaning, if you own a game (Physical copy or digital) tying the CP Scheme of both platforms to the User Nintendo ID and universally home running that back to the new store front for the Switch enabling licensing rights to redownload on the new platform for free. This would enable those who have purchased Wii U/3DS games (Physically or digitally) to download them on their switch and play. It's coming, but there is difficulty in the deployment. The digital part is easy. The hard part is tying in those who have physical games because this obviously doesn't come with an optical drive. The only bypass may be to route the install from the Wii U to the Switch through a transfer cable and a software transfer app in the OS.

You're just making poo poo up though, you don't actually seem to know anything :confused:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isn't that not far off from the 3ds on max 3D?

Dunno, I didn't get the 3DS. It would be my first portable since the gameboy :shobon:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
very brave of the ps4 to wait until the last years of its lifecycle to double its good exclusive count with two jrpgs and KOF14

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

Dunno, I didn't get the 3DS. It would be my first portable since the gameboy :shobon:

The 3ds was insanely good friend

Most of my gaming in the last decade has been portable and I do not regret it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chas McGill posted:

Yeah, I guess I don't. I just feel that you already have consoles at home and then you have a mobile or a tablet for when you're out.

3DS outsells PS4 or WiiU more than 10x over in Japan, becuase people don't game at home very often. They mostly live in small apartments and only go home to sleep, spending most of their time out of the house. (Xbone isn't even on the radar)

They want something so they can sell better looking and more advanced games to more people, but without requiring you to be at home on a fixed console.

Meanwhile in the US sales are much closer between 3DS and PS4/Xbone, because we have big fancy houses and big-screen TVs and wanna go home and drink beer on the couch.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Does playing SNES roms on a PSP count as portable gaming because :agreed:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pomp posted:

i consider selling it sometimes but then i remember japan has tethered me to it until they start releasing pc ports of fighting games at the same time

I wouldn't bank on this considering that SF5 had an unsigned driver in one of the patches a month ago.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Actually, Nintendo doesn't deserve it's own games now that it's abandoning the d-pad. Yeah. Give 'em away.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
They pro controller equivalent better be compatible with every game, because I don't want to ever use the monstrosity of the break apart controller.

Also when can I pre-order this?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

give me $500 and i'll go to tesco and tell them you want one right now

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

TheKingofSprings posted:

Region locking killed the 3DS for me really. Most of my DS games were imported because a) most interesting games got released in other regions first and b) it was cheaper with Nintendo games never going down in price even after half a decade.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

katkillad2 posted:

They pro controller equivalent better be compatible with every game, because I don't want to ever use the monstrosity of the break apart controller.

Also when can I pre-order this?

It at least appears that the breakapart controller and the pro controller have the same face and shoulder buttons, so I think that's going to be the case.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

CPU:
Four ARM Cortex-A57 cores, maximum 2 GHz
L2 cache, 2 MB
64-bit ARMv8
Crypto extension enabled

GPU:
NVIDIA second-generation Maxwell architecture
256 CUDA cores, maximum 1 GHz
1024 FLOPS/cycle
Texture: 16 pixels/cycle
Fill: 14.4 pixels/cycle

Main memory:
Capacity of 4 GB
Bandwidth: 25.6 GB/s
VRAM: shared

System Memory:
Capacity: 32 GB, Maximum transfer rate: 400 MB/s
USB
USB 2.0 and 3.0
Video Output
60 fps, at a maximum of 1920×1080 pixels
Or 30 fps at 3840×2160 pixels
The screen:
6.2" IPS LCD, 1280×720 pixels
Capacitance method, 10-point multi-touch

Allegedly pulled from the Dev site. Was pulled from reddit so it must be true.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Utnayan posted:

I am just telling you what I know.

One major thing yet to still be worked out (Which will most likely be a future and not in at launch)

* Wii U/3DS Digital Storefront backwards compatibility. Meaning, if you own a game (Physical copy or digital) tying the CP Scheme of both platforms to the User Nintendo ID and universally home running that back to the new store front for the Switch enabling licensing rights to redownload on the new platform for free. This would enable those who have purchased Wii U/3DS games (Physically or digitally) to download them on their switch and play. It's coming, but there is difficulty in the deployment. The digital part is easy. The hard part is tying in those who have physical games because this obviously doesn't come with an optical drive. The only bypass may be to route the install from the Wii U to the Switch through a transfer cable and a software transfer app in the OS.

Don't get my hopes up with bullshit.:(

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Just when I thought we'd hit peak loss.jpg

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Don't get my hopes up with bullshit.:(

I got a little excited and then noticed who was posting

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

here's a spec sheet i found. it's real

nintendo posted:

it's got mario
zelda too
you can take it with you
or play at home with a good pro controller

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Dexo posted:

I like this list but for gently caress's sake why can't Nintendo tell us this themselves, it's impossible to figure out which of the nine lists out there are believable

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jivjov posted:

What exactly is a "true cartridge"?

you know it, when you see it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Emptypost

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Dexo posted:

We know it uses Pascal sooooooo

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
This new Nintendo Switch looks neat, I guess it's time to finally buy another main Nintendo console after my good old SNES.

But it's kind of funny how it also will be a handheld like my 3DS. :v:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Hace posted:

We know it uses Pascal sooooooo

I was trying to find this out for sure earlier

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

God bless

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Libluini posted:

This new Nintendo Switch looks neat, I guess it's time to finally buy another main Nintendo console after my good old SNES.

But it's kind of funny how it also will be a handheld like my 3DS. :v:

The New Nintendo Switch comes later with Super Famicom colored buttons.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

it's got mario
zelda too
you can take it with you
or play at home with a good pro controller
Is it the first member of the NX crew?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nintendo switch u

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The two big "third party support!" examples (Skyrim and NBA 2K) are both games with last-gen versions. I get that Nintendo isn't competing in the same space as Sony and MS and I think that's the right move for them. I don't get why they have this tendency to pretend otherwise at the beginning of every cycle, or why a nonzero number of nerds believe them every time.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is it the first member of the NX crew?

N X Nintendo Switch
N X Nintendo Switch is here!

So its finally here, platforming games for you
If you buy the console, you can join in too
Tiny controllers for your hands, if you wanna play
Portable or home gaming, either way
Huh!!!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

TheScott2K posted:

The two big "third party support!" examples (Skyrim and NBA 2K) are both games with last-gen versions. I get that Nintendo isn't competing in the same space as Sony and MS and I think that's the right move for them. I don't get why they have this tendency to pretend otherwise at the beginning of every cycle, or why a nonzero number of nerds believe them every time.

I think those two games were chosen because they are extremely recognizable and there's no good solution to playing games like them on the go currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

has neogaf made a run-down of all the companies identified as partners and what their biggest franchises are yet or do I have to

• Locked thread