Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
gahhh crap i don't know if i'm going to play a goblin campaign or the new dwarf one later today. help me pick!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Jamwad Hilder posted:

gahhh crap i don't know if i'm going to play a goblin campaign or the new dwarf one later today. help me pick!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHhSRm67Hjg

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

What you should really be asking is if you want to play the goblin campaign or the dancing savage orc one.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

DeathSandwich posted:

What you should really be asking is if you want to play the goblin campaign or the dancing savage orc one.

I want to say one word to you. Just one word.

Squigs.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
In how long does this thing unlock.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

50 minutes.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

This is the difficult choice I'm facing. The dancing Orc being basically everything I want in a LL (Magic, decent melee, cool army buffs, cool magic items) is making me lean that way but the lure of the all gobbo army is strong.

OTOH I do want to Ranger it up with Belegar really badly but I gotta sandwich something between my two Greenskin campaigns so.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The update and DLC are out, apparently, and at the same time CA has announced the details for Grombrindal.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/506190/

We're all getting him at some point:

quote:

Grombrindal will eventually become available for all players at a later date in 2017 without the need for a Steam key.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

John Charity Spring posted:

The update and DLC are out, apparently, and at the same time CA has announced the details for Grombrindal.

2017? Really? *Sigh* least we'll be getting him eventually. Who else hopes "2017" means January?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 20, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I will be extra-pissed off at everyone who deploys the White Dwarf against me in multiplayer until it is free from the clutches of Games Workshop.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

That's odd, checked the steam page for this and:
Available: 22 October
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 15 hours

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

madmac posted:

This is the difficult choice I'm facing. The dancing Orc being basically everything I want in a LL (Magic, decent melee, cool army buffs, cool magic items) is making me lean that way but the lure of the all gobbo army is strong.

OTOH I do want to Ranger it up with Belegar really badly but I gotta sandwich something between my two Greenskin campaigns so.

Do the generic Night Goblin melee lords come with red line upgrades for line gobbos or will it primarily be Skarsnik's army that gets the majority of those sorts of benefits? I'd be down with a Wurrzag start and buying into a gobbo army later on.

Something they mentioned in the streams is that if you start greenskins/bloody hand and confederate with the Cooked Moonz you do get Skarsnik as a lord option, but he'll be a generic regular lord and not a LL. Meaning that you'll be able to use him but if he dies, he's dead for the rest of the campaign.

If I had to guess, it's going to work similarly when confederating in the other orc teams as well. Wurzag will get Azhag and Grimgor and Skarsnik as non-legendary lord choices, ect ect.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I don't really play Greenskins for Gobbo shenanigans, but those Squigs are so horrifyingly funny and Night Goblins surprisingly potent that I might go for another playthrough with them.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

ZoninSilver posted:

That's odd, checked the steam page for this and:
Available: 22 October
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 15 hours

Only if you have a code from the White Dwarf magazine or whatever. The rest of us have to wait until sometime next year.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lassitude posted:

Only if you have a code from the White Dwarf magazine or whatever. The rest of us have to wait until sometime next year.

Apparently you can also get a free code in any GW store while supplies last, so see if there's one in your area, I guess. :shrug:

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Mordja posted:

Apparently you can also get a free code in any GW store while supplies last, so see if there's one in your area, I guess. :shrug:

That..strikes me as silly. Thanks for the correction!

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Mordja posted:

Someone should go in and grab a good 10-15 codes for the thread.

You know, for those of us that live in cities that have a single GW store that's an hour plus away.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

DeathSandwich posted:

Something they mentioned in the streams is that if you start greenskins/bloody hand and confederate with the Cooked Moonz you do get Skarsnik as a lord option, but he'll be a generic regular lord and not a LL. Meaning that you'll be able to use him but if he dies, he's dead for the rest of the campaign.

If I had to guess, it's going to work similarly when confederating in the other orc teams as well. Wurzag will get Azhag and Grimgor and Skarsnik as non-legendary lord choices, ect ect.

That's how it works if you don't have the DLC. You can still get Skarnsik or Belegar via confederation, but if you don't have the DLC they're just regular Lords - like getting Todbringer by confederation as the Empire. If you do have the DLC, then you get Skarsnik/Belegar as Legendary Lords

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
oh my loving god i cant believe im actually going to walk into a gw store

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The nearest GW store is more than two hours away from me so I too would be extremely grateful if a kind goon could could obtain an extra key.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I live in America and thus are generally free of the taint known as "physically walking into a building owned by Games Workshop" so yeah just take every code they've got.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Wait GW has its own stores? Ive only seen their stuff in general game stores, do those count?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Actually the hobby store I go to has magazines that I'm assuming to be White Dwarf, but knowing the store they're probably years old.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Wait GW has its own stores? Ive only seen their stuff in general game stores, do those count?

Only in the UK anymore I think.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Bubblegum Cop posted:

Canada has them too. I have an acquaintance that is a manager at a GW so I'll see if I can get some keys outta him.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
So... Clan Agrund just got four ethereal heroes, with 2500 hp and 80% physical resistance. Two of those are Thanes, with a potion of toughness, one has melee defence 50 and one melee defence 60. Their armour is low, 25, but frankly any hero does enough damage to blaze through armour anyway. I'm pretty sure these guys are going to be crazy.

Edit: So for a test, I just ran the two Thanes into four chosen and a chaos lord and hit fast forward. 7 minutes later they started getting to about 500 health, at which point you use the potion and get them back to full. So essentially, these guys are ridiculous. Btw I forgot to mention they're unbreakable.

Gammymajams fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 20, 2016

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
You don't really appreciate just how low Goblin morale is until you play a faction of nothing but on Very Hard and a pissed off stack of stunties comes after you. Thank Gork the game starts you with an Arachnarok.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

queeb posted:

Canada has them too. I have an acquaintance that is a manager at a GW so I'll see if I can get some keys outta him.

We've actually got one that just opened less than 6 months ago in Des Moines, IA. I'll poke my head in this weekend and see what I can see.

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Bubblegum Cop posted:

Canada still has plenty, but we're basically in the UK light along with the Aussies and Kiwies.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Turn 12 of my Snarsnik campaign and just confederated with Wurrzag. Started by heading towards Karak Norn and Karak Norn's army passed me to go to my town so I just looted and occupied theirs and headed straight for the badlands. For some reason every greenskin faction that I've come across has been willing to confederate even though I'm not that strong.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Gammymajams posted:

So... Clan Agrund just got four ethereal heroes, with 2500 hp and 80% physical resistance. Two of those are Thanes, with a potion of toughness, one has melee defence 50 and one melee defence 60. Their armour is low, 25, but frankly any hero does enough damage to blaze through armour anyway. I'm pretty sure these guys are going to be crazy.

Edit: So for a test, I just ran the two Thanes into four chosen and a chaos lord and hit fast forward. 7 minutes later they started getting to about 500 health, at which point you use the potion and get them back to full. So essentially, these guys are ridiculous. Btw I forgot to mention they're unbreakable.

The thing with Ethereals (and VC ghosts has this problem too) is that anything that does magic or fire damage will shithouse rock them because ethereal doesn't work vs magic weapons. Once your commander/hero gets a magic weapon they will own up on the ghost dads because they basically have no armor otherwise. God help you if you're going up agains Wurrzak because one of his commander upgrades gives his entire army magic weapons.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

queeb posted:

You would be thread hero for the day, sir.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
This might be a bug? They're strength rank 3, I'm 13, they don't want to do any other diplomacy with me but they will confederate?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
To everyone hoping to siphon up steam keys: they aren't just laying out in the open. From the page:

quote:

In-store at all Games Workshop & Warhammer stores from Friday 28th October 2016. Simply approach a staff member and request your free Grombrindal Steam key card. These key cards will be available in Games Workshop stores until January 3rd 2017, or until stocks are depleted.
So better hope you know the employee. Still, it also gives 20% off the game which is smart of them.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Some miscellaneous observations:
- Bugman's Rangers are by far the weirdest unit added by this DLC. They regenerate normally, but suffer in accuracy unless they're wavering. Not sure if anything coherent will come out of their bonuses.
- Aspiring Champions cost 50bux more than Great Weapon Marauders, but you can only bring three to an army. They have barely any AP, but they seem like an effective anti-trash solution.
- No more healing potions! Probably the best change of the patch IMO. Potions of Toughness are still around, but eh.
- Bolt Throwers cost as much as a unit of Quarrellers. Seems like an interesting trade-off, but we'll have to see how they perform in the field.
- Likewise, Rangers cost 50bux less than Quarrellers, but have the lowest armor in the Dwarfen roster. They don't seem like great core ranged infantry.
- Night Goblin Squid Hoppers are really really good, full stop. These guys are gonna be important anti-infantry cavalry for the Greenskins.
- Night Goblin Warbosses and Belegar can give their infantry Expert Charge Defense for ~25 seconds. This is a big deal for both!
- The Runelord plugs a gap for the Dwarfs, being the first mid-price lord they have. He seems like an Arch Lector, more or less.

If someone wants to liberate Grombrindal codes from their local GW I would appreciate it, but I don't expect anything. I'm really just curious to see what he looks like in MP, which I'll get anyways. I don't think I need to do another Karaz Ankor campaign.

e; oh also one of belegar's items is a reference to his (great) miniature.

double e; oh also you can get grombrindal codes from your gw-affiliated lgs, apparently

brocretin fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 20, 2016

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Do the dwarf ghosts die permanently if they reach 0 HP on the battlefield/crit assassinated or do they just come back after a few turns?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Danann posted:

Do the dwarf ghosts die permanently if they reach 0 HP on the battlefield/crit assassinated or do they just come back after a few turns?

I'm too busy Skarsnik'ing to test, but I'm 80% sure they said in the stream that they would come back.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Seems like they screwed up and forgot to remove the potion of toughness, so the potion meta hasn't really changed at all (or gotten worse from the healing cap increase). Hopefully they put out hotfix.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Or maybe they just removed the potion of healing because it was often redundant with the potion of toughness existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Trujillo posted:

This might be a bug? They're strength rank 3, I'm 13, they don't want to do any other diplomacy with me but they will confederate?

Skarsnik is such a good loving Gobbo he can get all the other Orcs to join with him without issue.

It's obviously a bug, but it's also pretty hilarious.

• Locked thread