Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

Spaced God posted:

I've learned when listening to a McElroy show it's generally unwise to do so in public, because you usually end up looking crazy doubled over your shopping cart laughing in the bread aisle.
Or that might just be my experience

I like to listen to podcasts rather than music when I work out, and I found out the hard way that The Adventure Zone and running don't mix well.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Watch this:
https://youtu.be/fzQ6gRAEoy0

Now watch this:
https://youtu.be/MjbxDblprzo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

arigato, car boys

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011

The rich Robinson cinematic universe

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Holy gently caress

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

:laffo:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ChumpsForChange posted:

The rich Robinson cinematic universe

My brother and me: an ime show for the modern era

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Suffering Game!

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/789116663950036993

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
New Adventure Zone! And Travis kicks off the new arc with a 100% fudged roll.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

The title of this arc is incredibly ominous.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

holy poo poo

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm so glad this thread exists. I only got exposed to McElroys & friends rather recently due to their various video game antics, but I've been wanting to get into TAZ and MBMBaM for a while. But, like it tends to happen with established podcasts, the sheer volume of what they have so far is pretty intimidating! should I just pick it up from the start, or would it be safe to jump in at any point?

Anyway I did some Car Boys fanart.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SexyBlindfold posted:

I'm so glad this thread exists. I only got exposed to McElroys & friends rather recently due to their various video game antics, but I've been wanting to get into TAZ and MBMBaM for a while. But, like it tends to happen with established podcasts, the sheer volume of what they have so far is pretty intimidating! should I just pick it up from the start, or would it be safe to jump in at any point?

Anyway I did some Car Boys fanart.

Hope right into MBMBAM but start TAZ from the beginning. MBMBAM has more topical humor and episodes aren't really connected while TAZ is a continuous narrative.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

A lot of MBMBAM's juiciest bits are on YouTube, which I think are preferable to spending roughly 300 hours listening to old podcasts.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hope right into MBMBAM but start TAZ from the beginning. MBMBAM has more topical humor and episodes aren't really connected while TAZ is a continuous narrative.

This is what I've been doing, while also catching up on the old mbmbams from the beginning when I feel like it.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

The first 50 or so episodes are pretty rough but after that you can pretty much pick anything to listen to it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I listened to the whole backlog over the course of 6 months or so, it's completely worth it

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/candiedreptile/status/789166005046042629

https://twitter.com/RKSmiff/status/789231438981763072

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Man, whose the chuckle head who flipped the monster factory playlist? Now I can't auto play the videos in order, why you gotta do me like that Polygon?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Jesus, I'm just so drat stoked about these.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The two times I have laughed the hardest in the last month of TAZ have both been Griffin saying "yuck". Almost choked when it happened today.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I love literally every single time Tres Horny Boys bully Magnus. And it's always done in the cruelest and most unnecessary way possible, every time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I love literally every single time Tres Horny Boys bully Magnus. And it's always done in the cruelest and most unnecessary way possible, every time.

I think you mean Mangus

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think you mean Mangus

Not to be confused with part members Perle and Pagnus.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAbGyud1TQ

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I'm still kind of reeling from not knowing Nick Robinson and Porter Robinson were brothers until yesterday. Obviously it makes perfect sense and some people probably knew this all along but.

They were mentally far apart enough for me that it's like if Lin-Manuel Miranda and Rebecca Sugar were siblings.

As a result I've watched an unhealthy amount of this video of Porter Robinson playing his own song on Stepmania incredibly well while Nick reads him questions from the twitters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS4Dhhb3hyU

On a more topical note I finally dropped Still Buffering when I realized there's better stuff I could be putting in my ears than a weekly hour of "who remembers watching Rugrats?!??"
The show would be more interesting if it was actually about Modern Teenz, Sidnee and Teylor are kindof preachy and boring.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Gotta hand it to rhea games: bronchie the brontosaurus with athsma is an inspired pun.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I had to pull my car over when listening to episode 324 of MBMBaM when they were answering the question from the person with the split pants. I was dying, mostly because I had suffered from the Full Blown Lenny Kravitz Fault Line just two days ago.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I've never had as much cognitive dissonance as I have with Minority Korner. I am a staunch advocate of their subject matter but their ads make me want to join the Alt right

Also, at this point, MaxFun should put a moratorium on the phrase pop culture for any ads on their network.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 21, 2016

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Those ads really are cloying, made worse by how poorly they're mixed. They don't seem genuine in the slightest - The Greatest Generation has the goddamn PICARD SONG in its ad and comes across more sincere and interesting.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I really got a kick out of Travis going off the grid and Pokemon-ing some boys in the latest TAZ. I think that's the craziest derailment any of them have attempted, and Griffin letting him go ahead and do it (and even playing into it with juicy little plot hints!) is a testament to what a good-rear end DM he is.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

misadventurous posted:

I really got a kick out of Travis going off the grid and Pokemon-ing some boys in the latest TAZ. I think that's the craziest derailment any of them have attempted, and Griffin letting him go ahead and do it (and even playing into it with juicy little plot hints!) is a testament to what a good-rear end DM he is.

I hope Griffin wills those pokemon boys into surviving.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Travis going "OH NO MY BOYS!!" when the episode suddenly turned into Dragon's Dogma was definitely one of those "struggling to not guffaw like a fool at work" moments.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was so satisfied because I have been dying for one of them to find Robbie.

Really though I'm surprised this is the first time one of them has gone off script. Most tabletop rpgs I've played have been an exercise in who can derail the story fastest.

I have to imagine Griffin was planning for this to set up the inevitable BoB fight though, it was just too juicy of a plot hook to ignore forever. I love the theme of building distrust between them right as they go into an adventure that's sure to involve some betrayal. S'good storytelling.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DoctorWhat posted:

Those ads really are cloying, made worse by how poorly they're mixed. They don't seem genuine in the slightest - The Greatest Generation has the goddamn PICARD SONG in its ad and comes across more sincere and interesting.

MaxFun's style guide for ads must be designed to make them as lovely as possible. I only just realized which ad was for Judge John Hodgeman because I usually reflexively skip it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Somberbrero posted:

Who's that?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Somberbrero posted:

Really though I'm surprised this is the first time one of them has gone off script. Most tabletop rpgs I've played have been an exercise in who can derail the story fastest.

I have to imagine Griffin was planning for this to set up the inevitable BoB fight though, it was just too juicy of a plot hook to ignore forever. I love the theme of building distrust between them right as they go into an adventure that's sure to involve some betrayal. S'good storytelling.

I think Justin and Clint were completely ready to ignore it forever, kinda why i liked it so much, Travis pieced stuff together and nobody else on the party, irl or in-game, was gonna bother so he had to take matters into his own hands. :allears:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/neomeruru/status/777248899706740736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm pretty interested to see if Travis' running off might be the start of them trying a lot of more freeform ideas, since up to now it's mostly been going with Griffin's flow (which, of course, is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just definitely easier to do that. honestly, it might even be them respecting what Griffin's come up with too much to want to completely gently caress with his plans!)