Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

lordsummerisle posted:

Have killed steam several times.

I think it might be the steam mobile authenticator screwing me over...

Same. Also using mobile authenticator, so I'm guessing that's what's causing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Smoremaster posted:

Same. Also using mobile authenticator, so I'm guessing that's what's causing it.

Yeah me as well. Some idiot accesses my Steam account at least once a week so I keep it on. Guess it's time to turn it off for a minute

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

:australia:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Achievement list is up if you're waiting still.
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/289070/achievements

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Can I listen to the soundtrack now? I just finished preloading.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
I'm in....and it's so....beautiful.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
Glowing review from PC gamer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-review/

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

G'day mates! :australia:

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

So if I try to run the game with the VPN off will it lock itself again or what?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Removed mobile guard, tried moving from Australia to Japan, restarted steam like 7 times, changed the download region, still nothing. Say available on browser, but 11 hours in steam.

I wonder if buying from GMG got me some kind of special NA only key that change be unlocked early.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Removed mobile guard, tried moving from Australia to Japan, restarted steam like 7 times, changed the download region, still nothing. Say available on browser, but 11 hours in steam.

I wonder if buying from GMG got me some kind of special NA only key that change be unlocked early.

I got mine working but I don't think removing the authenticator is what did it. Are you connecting by TCP or UDP? I only got it to work by UDP

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Sogno di Volare has a couple of echoes of Baba Yetu (starting around 2:15 and knocking off around 3:00). It's not too in your face but it's there. Lovely piece.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Update: I had to disable the mobile authenticator *AND* log out on my phone. Actually, probably just log out of my phone. But it's working now.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The Freedom one didn't work for me as well, but this one does:

http://www.vpngate.net/en/

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm trying to stay strong over here

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Why am I at work? This whole "work" thing is overrated anyways.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
CiVI's achievements are the best.

Legends of the Hidden Temple posted:

Build a Colossal Head adjacent to a Holy Site with a Temple.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don't understand the argument to mess with tech costs instead of eurekas. Whatever changes you make to test costs will have an impact on the effectiveness of eurekas. I already find the idea of having to follow a eureka plan annoying. Messing with tech costs makes them even more must have.

For simplicity sake reducing the bonus to 25% seems ideal. When I initially heard of eurekas I thought they would be much harder to obtain though and thus much more rare.

I might be in the minority but I wish the conditions for a Eureka were slightly randomized and or hidden behind events. Like say every time you build a coastal city it gives you a chance to earn a seafaring type tech eureka.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Senerio posted:

CiVI's achievements are the best.

I'm finding them pretty awesome in general. I love the TMNT one posted in the group above.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
how can you listen to the soundtrack already? Do you need to do the VPN thing?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jastiger posted:

how can you listen to the soundtrack already? Do you need to do the VPN thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0wxyMkZxx8

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oh well there ya go lol thanks man.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
So, uh, Arabia.

Saladin's religion has 1/10th cost holy buildings for everyone who wants to build one. Talk about an incentive to spread his religion. I don't remember that bonus from Well of Souls.

Also he gets science for every foreign city following his religion, so that's nice.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I can't get it to work. I might just have to wait the 12 hours.

I tried logging out on my phone and then putting my phone in airplane mode, still didn't help.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
Thanks to whoever recommended SaferVPN (I think it was here). A couple that I tried weren't working for me because I couldn't get Steam to connect at all with them active, but SaferVPN got the job done and I didn't have to disable my mobile authenticator or anything.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oooh, man.
I did NOT realize this was even getting released this year much less tomorrow!

I have no idea if I should preorder it now for the Aztecs(they're probably the most fascinating civilization for me irl) or if I should wait and see how many expansions it's going to need to be good. :ohdear:

I didn't play Civ5 too much cause it was honestly missing something that I can't put my finger on, I played Civ3 and 4 for so many hundreds of hours though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

SlothBear posted:

G'day mates! :australia:

Hello fellow Australian! Would you care for a barbecue furnished with an additional prawn?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is there a way to rename cities? I am personally offended by St. Louis.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I am here in Australia, enjoying the thongs and scorpions, both on my feet. Be wary of drop bears.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna play Russia, no wait Japan! No no no, gotta start with Rome.

It's gonna be a long day at work.

Popete fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 20, 2016

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

So: known tunes.

China: Mo Li Hua.
England: Scarborough fair.
Russia: Kalinka.
Spain: Recuerdos de la Alhambra.

I was expecting Mas Que Nada or Girl from Ipanema/other bossa nova for Brazil but the actual tune hovers on the edges of familiarity.

Anyone help me with the others?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Can one of you guy timezone winners confirm if the game has hotseat?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

IAmUnaware posted:

Thanks to whoever recommended SaferVPN (I think it was here). A couple that I tried weren't working for me because I couldn't get Steam to connect at all with them active, but SaferVPN got the job done and I didn't have to disable my mobile authenticator or anything.

Yep, same here. I tried several VPNs and did the authenticator crap (which I now think was probably a red herring) but SaferVPN has finally got me decrypting.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I really like the opening cinematic/soundtrack.

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Can one of you guy timezone winners confirm if the game has hotseat?

It does. from reddit : https://i.redd.it/sqfyophvunsx.png

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Beefeater1980 posted:

I was expecting Mas Que Nada or Girl from Ipanema/other bossa nova for Brazil but the actual tune hovers on the edges of familiarity.

That it's not Girl from Ipanema feels criminal to me. The game still oozes personality but seriously what the gently caress.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Beefeater1980 posted:

America is Hard Times Come Again No More
Brazil is Brejeiro / Apanhei-te, cavaquinho
Egypt is El Helwa Di
France is Le Tourdion
Greece is Epitaph of Seikilos
Kongo is Banaha
Norway is Gjendines Bånlåt

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
If anyone else is having trouble with VPN shenanigans, make sure you click "deauthorize all other devices" inside the Steam Guard security settings. I think I had Steam logged in on my laptop, and even though I haven't used it in like a week, Steam still remembers that I have another account active on my original IP. So, here's how to VPN:
-On your PC: Go into Steam Guard settings and switch off mobile authenticator (you'll need the recovery code to do this - you can find it in the steam app)
-If there's a button there to deauthorize/log-out all other accounts, make sure to click it (it won't show up if you only have ever logged in on one PC)
-Log out of Steam, then close the client. Make sure there's no steamclientbootstrapper (or whatever) .exes still running - check the task manager processes list and kill them manually if needed.
-Run your VPN - saferVPN is what worked for me. Free trial, no credit card. Just click Japan or Australia (I did Japan).
-Start up steam and log in.
-God willing, you'll see prices in Yen and you can play Civ!

Enjoy!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Thanks, it's a dealbreaker for me, now I can order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Pretended I was australian this morning to get the game loaded before work. Opened it just to 'make sure it was working' and got 30 turns into a Ghandi game and was 20 minutes late for work. Good stuff.

The graphics are much better than I thought they looked in screens. Also, instant improvements from consumable workers is a cool change, albeit a bit strange.