Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Any reason they didn't use "Crazy" Mary Dobson in Sanity instead? Was she not signed in time? I assume if they needed a crazy lady for the crazy group why not go with the one who has been doing a crazy gimmick already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well obviously Crazy Mary is going to be too busy being Sister Abigail to be in Sanity.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If Sanity finds their legs and the Wyatts get Mary Dobson, that could be a really fun stable war someday.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I would have rather had the 2 sanity dudes thrown in as wyatt mens so when they travel to SD, he now actually has an army of like 5+ scary bearded weirdos across both brands.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sanity are TNA as gently caress.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I would rather the Wyatt Family get thrown off a cliff and disappear from TV forever

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Patrick Clark is, wait for it…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

…

Good

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Benne posted:

I would rather the Wyatt Family get thrown off a cliff and disappear from TV forever

The hottest act of 2013, it's time to strike while the iron is hot.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
As bad as sanity is I have a strange affection for their entrance music....

It's like fat guy walking music but with blast beats.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Primus - My Name Is Mud (Grimdark Remix).mp3

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Reposting it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyin5g0c3XU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Primus - My Name Is Mud (Grimdark Remix).mp3

Lol this is exactly right

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

CFO$ is very good

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What's up with that linkin park rear end entrance music for the thick boys

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

It's a shame that Tucker doesn't get to say "NICO, MY COUSIN" during promos.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tucker and Otis should fight the Authors of Pain in a special NXT BIG BOY CLASH

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

AMReese posted:

It's a shame that Tucker doesn't get to say "NICO, MY COUSIN" during promos.

I am now disappointed that we are never going to get a Bogojevic/Reigns tag team

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Nikki Cross chewed the scenery too much.

Heavy Machinery were good, never seen them but like them a lot. Lots of potential. Their double teams would get huge pops as faces.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As a huge mark for ugly fat guys who can secretly go in the ring, I have high hopes for the Tucker/Otis team.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Venomous posted:

I am now disappointed that we are never going to get a Bogojevic/Reigns tag team

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Stanfield posted:

My problem with Sanity is I'm not really sure what their gimmick is. I don't remember Wolfe and Fulton doing anything particularly interesting last week and Eric Young hasn't done anything interesting at all. Nikki's the only one who actually seems to have a character but even then it's not really solid. She beats people up after matches so it seems like it's meant to be that she's really violent, but then in her match she wasn't violent at all, she just bit her hand and stuff like that between regular wrestling moves. If their characters are that they're 'crazy' (which is bad in itself because just being 'crazy' without any other personality always ends up being poo poo) then how come Nikki's the only acting 'crazy' while Wolfe and Fulton actively try to stop her and Eric Young does nothing? Not to mention how the seriousness is undercut every time they drag Nikki off someone because it just highlights how tiny she is and makes her look like a child throwing a tantrum and not a post-apocalyptic meth-head or whatever she's meant to be.

They really need a promo or a vignette something to explain what their characters are.
What's not to understand? They're a contingent of Lord Humungus' army. They restrain and stiff each other b/c it's fun and cool to do so

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should just go all-in with the Mad Max aesthetic. Paint themselves albino white, have Nikki spray chrome onto her mouth before killing a jobber, the whole nine yards.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why did no one talk about how there was a little Generation Next reunion last night.

I also like that roddy's theme song sounds like his theme song before the kill switch engage song he was using.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no one watches nxt

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Close the thread.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The_Rob posted:

Why did no one talk about how there was a little Generation Next reunion last night.

I also like that roddy's theme song sounds like his theme song before the kill switch engage song he was using.

what is generation next

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Close the thread.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

what is generation next

ROH faction from like 2003/2004 that had Roderick Strong, Austin Aires, Jack Evans, Alex Shelly and Matt Sydal.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Where's Baron Corbin when you need him to send these indie geeks back to ROH?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still remember Corbin's promo on Aries where he poo poo on indie geeks going back to bingo halls, and then he randomly said "you can go sit alone in a convention hall next to Virgil!" It was amazing and I want to hug whichever writer fed him that line. Easily the high point of Baron's NXT run.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/789268078857105408

Also Macey Estrella made her in ring debut tonight in an all female battle royal at NXT Lakeland. She does a vintage pin up girl gimmick.

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/789250143539253248

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Brennan Williams:

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/789261650389901312

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope they change nothing about Brennan William's real-life personality and just debut him as Great Black Otaku

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

I hope they change nothing about Brennan William's real-life personality and just debut him as Great Black Otaku

I assume they are:

https://twitter.com/DallasHOfficial/status/789304949255659520

By the by Dallas Harper hasn't made the immediate impact or progress that I want but he's very reminiscent of WCW era Booker T. With all the athleticsm and throwing those impressive scissor kicks and stuff. He's cool if you watch the footage from his stint on small level indies.

rovert fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 21, 2016

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
That tag match sold me on Tucker/Otis, but it seemed like a really weird way to debut Roderick Strong; I guess NXT is still content to rely on "it's this guy!!!!!". I really hope he's a heel though; I'm not nearly as familiar with Roddy as most of you, but he seems like he'd be real good at condescending to everyone.

Billie and Peyton seems like the same mean girls schtick that women heels always get, but I did like the vicious beatdown.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

That tag match sold me on Tucker/Otis, but it seemed like a really weird way to debut Roderick Strong; I guess NXT is still content to rely on "it's this guy!!!!!". I really hope he's a heel though; I'm not nearly as familiar with Roddy as most of you, but he seems like he'd be real good at condescending to everyone.

Billie and Peyton seems like the same mean girls schtick that women heels always get, but I did like the vicious beatdown.

Just let Roddy go in and chop motherfuckers really hard and he will get over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/789308927557013504

Daria has done pretty well for herself. Normally your first year is were you just find your feet and acclimate. But Daria has reached as far as the NXT touring shows. Also her and Mandy Rose is my favourite Wrestling couple that isn't a couple.

Also this:
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/789318601991872513

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I want Otis to have wrestling gear that says "HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOY"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Nikki Cross chewed the scenery too much.

I kinda liked her tearing at her own face mid-match, and hitting EY. But yeah, she did ALL THE CRAZY QUIRKS instead of spreading out one weird quirk per segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Discounting all the high profile part times and the vacationing Mandy Rose Buddy Murphy is the most noteworthy absentee.

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/788822375726981120

Maybe he is injured.

• Locked thread