Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

1st Company Armour

Have the remaining tanks go along the black line at a Move speed. Please take care to path them around the BTR that is blocking their path please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenLiquidity
Jun 10, 2016
Phi, Let me know what kind of movement you have in mind for our Steel beasts.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I say reverse into hidey holes in town and prepare for close combat.

Theyll advance across the field and die, we stay in the open, we die.

We hold the line by looking teh scariest. Keep the tanks alive by any means, including pulling them back for us to wheel out later.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

1st Platoon/5th Platoon: Withdraw the tanks from the Iron Curtain. How you do so is up to you. Wherever you position them, I want them to be able to keep the Americans from moving into the open area south of Mount Silver.

2nd Platoon: No new orders, but you'll have to pay attention when moving to your positions. You'll have to find a good covered position to park your BTRs for your squads to dismount.

3rd Platoon: Get to the dashed red line from my previous orders. I know it will take time, given how tired your guys are.

Headquarters Orders:

Have the teams from the bogged vehicle MOVE, no other changes.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Generation Internet posted:

Orders will be final on Friday at 18:00 EST, two minute turn!

So in my sleep deprived state I just now realized I'll be out of town this weekend. I'll opt for a longer time for orders instead of a shorter time since that would be a bit rushed.

:siren: Orders now due Sunday evening, say around 19:00 EST :siren:

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Generation Internet posted:

So in my sleep deprived state I just now realized I'll be out of town this weekend. I'll opt for a longer time for orders instead of a shorter time since that would be a bit rushed.

:siren: Orders now due Sunday evening, say around 19:00 EST :siren:

That's fine, just make this a 5-minute turn to compensate :unsmigghh:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hubis posted:

That's fine, just make this a 5-minute turn to compensate :unsmigghh:

yaaaaas fam get in

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Preliminary Orders

BTR's and Infantry - Continue move.

1/2 will SPLIT a recon team and move it FAST until the second red dot where they will PAUSE for 15 seconds before MOVE to the edge of, but not onto, Ravaged Path. Set a Target arc at like 50 meters or some such so they don't get all retarded and fire at someone across the map.

Tank 5/2 : OPEN UP if not already open. POP SMOKE. PAUSE for 5 seconds. Then REVERSE and follow the marked GREEN path on the map below. Try and keep next to the woodline and don't stop until we're past that wooded outcropping. FACE due South.

Tank 5/1 (HQ) : OPEN UP if not already open. Then REVERSE and follow the marked GREEN path on the map below. POP SMOKE at the marked GRAY line on the map. Try and keep next to the woodline and don't stop until the tank is on the side of the ridge. FACE towards the opening that we just came from.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 22, 2016

abelian
Jan 23, 2010
Well, sorry for getting Jobbo's tank killed.

Killed by the older, "crappier" wire guided version of our own ATGMs.

You know, the ones that don't require shining a really bright laser beam before firing.

:negative:

It's a bit puzzling to me why NATO sent the American infantry into a knife fight, where their Javelins and Bradley TOWs/autocannons are much less useful.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Yooper posted:

Preliminary Orders

BTR's and Infantry - Continue move and remain in position.

Tank 5/1 : OPEN UP if not already open. POP SMOKE. Then REVERSE and follow the marked RED path on the map below. Try and keep next to the woodline and don't stop until we're past that wooded outcropping. If we survive that long please tuck into the light woods and FACE due South.

Tank 5/2 : OPEN UP if not already open. Then REVERSE and follow the marked BLUE path on the map below. POP SMOKE at the marked GRAY line on the map. Try and keep next to the woodline and don't stop until the tank is HULLDOWN on the opposite side of the ridge. FACE towards the opening that we just came from.

You aren't worried about the US infantry that's going to be coming through those woods at point blank range to where that blue line is exposing it's side armor?

I mean those woods are no thicker than the ones alongside the highway which we are having no huge problems traversing. I don't really think we can focus solely on that one single gap.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Hubis posted:

You aren't worried about the US infantry that's going to be coming through those woods at point blank range to where that blue line is exposing it's side armor?

I mean those woods are no thicker than the ones alongside the highway which we are having no huge problems traversing. I don't really think we can focus solely on that one single gap.

I'll field this one. Short term, no I'm not worried. No NATO forces have gotten onto Ravaged Path via the crossroads, so they'll have to either cross Golem Draw (very slow) or take Ravaged from their current position on Fiery (faster, but much easier to detect). Meanwhile, 2nd Platoon is on the way to provide support- they'll take at least 5 minutes to get there, but it should be more than enough time.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

One other option is I could pop smoke, roll into the woodline, call down an artillery strike, and hold the NATO forces where they are. The smoke will hold for about 2 minutes. After that clears I could pop smoke a second time. Now we're only one minute away from the bombardment. By that point we should have the infantry in place and a possible solid line of defence.

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

Phi230 posted:

I say reverse into hidey holes in town and prepare for close combat.

Theyll advance across the field and die, we stay in the open, we die.

We hold the line by looking teh scariest. Keep the tanks alive by any means, including pulling them back for us to wheel out later.
I agree that we can't afford to lose too many more tanks. But he only tank that was in that ATGM's line of fire is now dead. And nothing to the left of that blue line can see our tanks:

If that Oplot rolls a few meters forward, it will be in the sights of ATGMs and the lead T-90. There's a good chance the T-90 will take it out if that happens.

glynnenstein posted:

It's going to take a ton of luck for those tanks to survive. If we smoked and reversed away right now they might make it, but still a pretty good chance they end up maneuvering into dangerous positions. The javalin has a 75m minimum range and will kill anything. The LAW the US squads have might also pen from the side.
Can you explain why you think they're so screwed? The Javelin is more dangerous at long range than at close range. And we have infantry and a BTR to cover our T-90s. More BTRs from 2/3 should arrive within the next two minutes. They have two tanks out in front of their forces. From the floating icons, it would appear that these are UKR tanks and not Abrams. At this point, I'd be much more worried about those tanks in the short term.

glynnenstein posted:

Emergency bombardment is faster in that there are no spotting rounds, they just start shooting. This, of course, means it's super inaccurate most of the time. If it were my call, I'd ask for mortars on the vicinity of the atgm normally, not emergency.
Yeah, emergency bombardment would be insane. I agree with mortars or artillery. If mortars, then air burst. If 152mm, then general purpose.

Yooper posted:

One other option is I could pop smoke, roll into the woodline, call down an artillery strike, and hold the NATO forces where they are. The smoke will hold for about 2 minutes. After that clears I could pop smoke a second time. Now we're only one minute away from the bombardment. By that point we should have the infantry in place and a possible solid line of defence.
Seems to me that smoke disproportionately favors whoever is advancing. If you pop smoke, then you give them the opportunity to move tanks into position before the smoke clears.

abelian
Jan 23, 2010
What are these guys doing?

They have moved 50 meters from the BTR and they're already tiring. This is way too far to send them through the woods on foot.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

abelian posted:

Can you explain why you think they're so screwed? The Javelin is more dangerous at long range than at close range. And we have infantry and a BTR to cover our T-90s. More BTRs from 2/3 should arrive within the next two minutes. They have two tanks out in front of their forces. From the floating icons, it would appear that these are UKR tanks and not Abrams. At this point, I'd be much more worried about those tanks in the short term.

Well, I think they are in a stronger position than we are here. In my most optimistic read of the situation, there is a US infantry platoon + half a tank platoon + a recon team partially surrounding those T-90s. I don't think we should count on the western-most contact being recon and not part of another infantry platoon deploying into those woods since that looks like an IFV contact. I don't think 2/3 will get there and into effective positions sooner than the enemy will have infantry in effective positions, and I think that platoon will definitely still be tired and maybe exhausted when they arrive. If I were the enemy having spotted those recon mans, I'd TARGET BRIEFLY with a Bradley to suppress them to allow the infantry platoon to maneuver to threaten our tanks. I think at least the one of their tanks is hull-down in a depression and that they have better spotting than we do, not to mention the infantry boosting those rolls.

glynnenstein fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 21, 2016

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013

Phi230 posted:

Sit tight and weather the storm. 3 Coy main obj. should be to blunt the spear. Spear is not blunted till we incur heavier casualties.
3./1. is currently on guard duty to protect the southern approaches to Viridian City. The situation on Mount Silver seems pretty dire and my units are not that far off to assist the brave comrades there until the rest of 2nd Coy arrives at their position.

This could be called: Operation reactive spear blunting

What's your take on this?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

So there's a slight rise in the middle of Mt. Silver. It's just big enough that it doesn't offer the ability to shoot into the Iron Curtain Gap without being in kind of lovely positioning.

The units in the north only have LOS halfway across the field. The tank position on the East has limited visibility as well. The western tank will be fairly exposed to ATGM fire from the Ravaged woodline unless it pulls back beyond the rise.

What we might be able to do is call in an artillery strike where 5/1 and 5/2 are and let the NATO forces roll into the gap once we vacate it. At that point we'll have two tanks keeping them bottled up along with incoming infantry for support.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

abelian posted:

What are these guys doing?

They have moved 50 meters from the BTR and they're already tiring. This is way too far to send them through the woods on foot.

Yeah, that was originally seen as the lesser of two evils given the navigability issues of the ravine; however, it looks like it's not that bad once you get past the choke point, so I will probably reroute them to a nearer position and cruise down an APC that hasn't unloaded instead. Still, probably looking at 2-4 minutes before I get spread out.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

Was looking at the save and noticed a few things. Figured I would just drop some screenshots here.

If Abelian's FO cancels its fire mission it can call down a precision strike on the ATGM team that took out our tank.

Kev's tanks seem to be stuck behind the recon BTR so it's going to take 4 or more minutes for them to get through those woods.

3rd company 5/2 is sitting right behind a small tree. The target command says he still has LOS in front of him but we already shot a tree twice so he might want to move to the right a smidge.

3rd company 5/1 is surrounded by trees and doesn't have LOS on the road at all.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

1st Coy / 2nd Platoon

Same basic orders as before, but I've switched around deployment positions based on new judgment.

1st APC + HQ MOVE to the position 2nd APC was going to occupy. You should have open sight-lines across the ravine/swamp and be covered to the south by the woods.

2nd APC + 1st Squad MOVE down the ravine to the furthest position.
1st Squad dismount, then SPLIT SCOUT. Both teams MOVE and FACE as indicated, with the scout on the left/flank side.
2nd APC REVERSE into the woods across from the gully to maximize open sight-lines.

3rd APC + 2nd Squad orders remain unchanged: MOVE to the indicated position.
2nd Squad dismount, then SPLIT SCOUT. Scout team MOVE to the right position as flank coverage. FACE as indicated.

3rd Squad SPLIT, then move QUICK to indicated positions and FACE as indicated.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Alright, so at this point my position is no longer relevant. If they get to where I'm shooting them you're all already dead. So I'm not certain whether to head South to reinforce against our danger close or if I should head southeast and reinforce what we saw heading our way a few minutes ago. My gut says the former since they need backup now but then again our eastern flank only has several ATGM's, a few tanks, and a single platoon protecting it.

Katznmaus posted:

3./1. is currently on guard duty to protect the southern approaches to Viridian City. The situation on Mount Silver seems pretty dire and my units are not that far off to assist the brave comrades there until the rest of 2nd Coy arrives at their position.

This could be called: Operation reactive spear blunting

What's your take on this?

It sounds like we're withdrawing to preserve our tanks. My Gut feel is that we probably end up taking the east side of mt silver while 2 Co takes the west. We don't want to crowd the area too much because if the americans get a drone up they'll have a field day with artillery. DSM, I think you'd be safe to move up to a more handy position.

DSM, that ATGM team I dropped at your position is now part of your command, it should fit inside a BTR with one of your infantry squads. You can take control of the HMG team dropped at the intersection if you want too. Katz, I'm going to drop another ATGM team at 3-1-3's position next turn.

NastyToes posted:

Was looking at the save and noticed a few things. Figured I would just drop some screenshots here.

If Abelian's FO cancels its fire mission it can call down a precision strike on the ATGM team that took out our tank.

Could we just fire an ATGM at their location? Quicker and more accurate.

FrozenLiquidity
Jun 10, 2016

NastyToes posted:

3rd company 5/2 is sitting right behind a small tree. The target command says he still has LOS in front of him but we already shot a tree twice so he might want to move to the right a smidge.

I am tempted to do this. I generally trust the LOS indication to be accurate, though that doesn't mean the shot won't hit an obstacle. I am worried about movement of this being seen and having the position compromised. I can't see which positions the enemy occupies may have sight on this though. Otherwise it's a sound move.

NastyToes posted:

3rd company 5/1 is surrounded by trees and doesn't have LOS on the road at all.

5/1 is in a position to cover the northern flank of the area we've put some artillery on, in case they were to try flanking around it. I don't know if 5/3 can see that from where it is immobilized, but if it is providing sufficient cover, then 5/1 could reposition.

Could pull the remaining tanks back into sheltered positions with little visibility if we're simply looking to preserve them.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jaguars! posted:

DSM, I think you'd be safe to move up to a more handy position.

DSM, that ATGM team I dropped at your position is now part of your command, it should fit inside a BTR with one of your infantry squads. You can take control of the HMG team dropped at the intersection if you want too.

If I don't give it orders it'll probably sit there. I'll look into where I'm going and submit something for approval.

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

glynnenstein posted:

Well, I think they are in a stronger position than we are here. In my most optimistic read of the situation, there is a US infantry platoon + half a tank platoon + a recon team partially surrounding those T-90s. I don't think we should count on the western-most contact being recon and not part of another infantry platoon deploying into those woods since that looks like an IFV contact. I don't think 2/3 will get there and into effective positions sooner than the enemy will have infantry in effective positions, and I think that platoon will definitely still be tired and maybe exhausted when they arrive. If I were the enemy having spotted those recon mans, I'd TARGET BRIEFLY with a Bradley to suppress them to allow the infantry platoon to maneuver to threaten our tanks. I think at least the one of their tanks is hull-down in a depression and that they have better spotting than we do, not to mention the infantry boosting those rolls.

Ok. The NATO tanks are currently at the front of their column, and are turret down. But if they roll forward a few meters, they'll be in sight of our T-90s (each side will be hull down to each other at 200 meter ranges). Don't you think that the stationary tank has an advantage in that situation?

It's possible that they'll try to flank around the T-90s from the west, but I think that will take some time.

If the T-90s are going to be falling back, then they need to pop smoke and pause for at least 10 seconds to give the smoke screen enough time to deploy before they start exposing their flanks by reversing.

Also, in that case I'm not confident enough in our overall defensive plan for Mt Silver. Will 2 coy's troops get into place quickly enough, or should we pick different defensive positions? If NATO funnels their vehicles through the Iron Curtain, then 2 coy's deployment (as I understand from dublish' orders) will be in enfilade to them (not good). If they decide to move up along ravaged path and push through the forest, will we have troops in position in time?

Hubis
May 18, 2003

abelian posted:

Ok. The NATO tanks are currently at the front of their column, and are turret down. But if they roll forward a few meters, they'll be in sight of our T-90s (each side will be hull down to each other at 200 meter ranges). Don't you think that the stationary tank has an advantage in that situation?

It's possible that they'll try to flank around the T-90s from the west, but I think that will take some time.

If the T-90s are going to be falling back, then they need to pop smoke and pause for at least 10 seconds to give the smoke screen enough time to deploy before they start exposing their flanks by reversing.

Also, in that case I'm not confident enough in our overall defensive plan for Mt Silver. Will 2 coy's troops get into place quickly enough, or should we pick different defensive positions? If NATO funnels their vehicles through the Iron Curtain, then 2 coy's deployment (as I understand from dublish' orders) will be in enfilade to them (not good). If they decide to move up along ravaged path and push through the forest, will we have troops in position in time?

It's that last part that is what concerns me. I tend to assume that, absent other evidence to the contrary, the enemy will always do whatever is maximally inconvenient for us.

I think you are right that if the blue tanks move up we should be at an advantage, but I also don't know why they would do that given the good positions they are in (covering both north AND west). If it were me I would try to infiltrate the line of woods with infantry. As soon as that happens, those T-90s are in a bad spot that would be even dicier to get out of. I'm also worried there are more units to the west than we are seeing now, putting them at more risk.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Here are some thoughts on plans going forward. I welcome any feedback!

This is a map of my best known enemy disposition and some speculative pathing. There is an unaccounted for enemy company that may be in the southwest, but is probably still in the south center somewhere.

Here is Plan A. This is what I would want to do if I were the enemy, and my thoughts on a reaction to it.

Here is Plan B. This is an alternate version that takes into account the huge map and challenges to travel, as well as the possible enemy desire to concentrate forces.

I didn't draw a Plan C representing a drastically different positioning of the 3rd enemy company, perhaps in the east near the road, because I think it is less likely and our whole position will change drastically.

Everyone's current orders should be sufficient to prepare for all these options at this time.
Forums Terrorist, if you'd like to put your guys on the road to prepare, that'd be cool for now. I really hope we know more next orders phase and can deploy your platoon.

Please move the one deployed 1st Company 4th Platoon ATGM team up a little. Their current spot in the woods has no LOS in front of them. Thanks!

glynnenstein fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 23, 2016

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

In that case, MOVE my BTRs onto the road in anticipation of further orders.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Battalion Orders

So I've talked to most everyone at this point, but here are my official thoughts now that we've gone through and looked at things more critically.

General Plan Update

We've probed out as far as we reasonably can, and we just missed catching the Americans hardcore. A minute earlier and we would have mauled that column of Americans at the Iron Curtain before they had time to stop and not wander into our fire. In the future we should try to time any such ambush actions to "spring" in the middle of a 2-minute turn, rather than at the end to prevent this from happening.

We've disrupted them at least. They are deploying infantry in positions I don't believe they wanted to, and their column has now halted. This should buy us some time to complete our defensive deployments in Jagged Pass. Now I think it is time to start pulling in toward the road and setting up the Iron Cage. Once we have our troops in position, we dig in as much as possible and respond to their attack. Our new objective is to solidify our defensive deployments, and form up the rest of our forces into a mobile reserve.

We have superior interior lines in the form of the highway which is the primary axis of our defense. Now we will utilize this to our full advantage.

Enumerated in order of Priority:
1a. Prevent the enemy from establishing itself on the peak of Victory Road north of Mount silver. Such a position would allow them free coverage of our interior lines, and thereby our entire defense.

1b. Prevent the enemy from establishing itself on the peak of Victory Road north of Mount Moon. Again, such a position would allow them free coverage of our interior lines.

1c. Prevent the enemy from establishing itself on Victory Road between Mount Silver and Mount Moon, for the above reasons.

2. Maintain a mobile, powerful reaction force to respond to any significant enemy probing attack. Utilize our interior lines and superior defensive positions to inhibit, check and eventually overwhelm any attempts to force their way onto the highway.

3. Prevent the enemy easy occupation of Viridian City, which would potentially cut us off from our reinforcements.

4. Hold Until reinforcements arrive, which should take approximately 30 minutes.

1st Coy
Keep doing what you're doing. Try not to make Kev's Excellent Adventure a suicide mission. Hit and Run is the name of the game - survivors should return to the highway and be added to the mobile reaction force.

2nd Coy
I've talked with most everyone here already, but here is my basic thought. If we leave one of our HQ tanks exposed to try and call in the artillery, it's just going to die. I don't like the fighting positions on the hill, so I think it's best if you focus on defending Victory Road itself, similar to the original plan. Let them crest the hill where their range and spotting won't count for as much.

3rd Coy
Evaluate the utility of leaving your tanks out there in the town. I'm personally very wary of leaving them out there and would rather pull them back now that they've done their basic job of preventing a rush up the road and given time for our ATGM teams to deploy.

Basically, evaluate what you need to prevent an easy push through Viridian and redeploy the rest to Victory Road to set up in ambush along the road, but with transports near by so you can quickly remount to move where necessary.

Also you got control of our engineers. Could you move them along the road to the highway, and deploy them at the far western edge of the highway? Basically they have nothing better to be doing, they have RPG's and they can light up anyone rolling onto the map from that direction or act as a final "gently caress You" if we all die and prevent some poor bastards from escaping. Or if you don't want to deal with them, push them over to Battalion Command directly.

Support Coy
-Unfortunately we don't have a good way to call artillery in on the American forces in the south. Any spotters we leave to do this will almost certainly die before the bombardment begins, and therefor the mission has a high probability of missing.

-However I want to try our new precision shells. I'd like to call in a Precision 152 round on the location of the ATGM team that just took out one of our tanks. Single tube, precision mission.

-Based on enemy contacts, do you think the current artillery mission across the Pathless Plain is still worthwhile?

Recon Coy
-Evacuate what you can from the Iron Curtain, but honestly I think leaving the infantry behind to potentially hold up the enemy and get us hard spots on what is around down there is worth the sacrifice.
-Otherwise, free reign. Probe and scout as desired, try to act as a forward alarm bell to enemy attacks.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Uh, sorry everybody, but most of the planning seems to be happening when I'm at work/asleep, so I'm completely lost on the strategic situation, and since I have an examination coming up that's only going to get worse. I think I might have to bow out of this. Professor Curly, can you handle the mortars and artillery directly, as you please?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Sorry to lose you, Davin.

Orders for 3 Company 2 Platoon 'Concerned Ukrainian Citizens', Weapons Platoon 'Humanitarian Convoy' and Battalion ATGM platoon 'Lost Muscovite Football Team'

Rifle Group
Continue last orders. Move ATGM carrier 3 like so:

ATGM carriers 1 & 2.
No new orders.

Weapons Platoon
Add on to the previous orders. The ATGM team is intended to switch over to Katzenmaus's last BTR 3-1-3, the HMG to my 3-2-2.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Davin Valkri posted:

Uh, sorry everybody, but most of the planning seems to be happening when I'm at work/asleep, so I'm completely lost on the strategic situation, and since I have an examination coming up that's only going to get worse. I think I might have to bow out of this. Professor Curly, can you handle the mortars and artillery directly, as you please?

I'm sorry to lose you, ya I can handle that. Hope your exams go well!

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

2nd Company / 3rd Platoon

Cancel previous orders. Dismount infantry again and have them move to these positions but leave the hq team in the BTR. Have the BTRs reverse into the woods.

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013

3./1. Motostrelki "Prancing Weasel"
BTR1 with 3/1/1 Inf and 3/1 HQ
BTR2 with 3/1/2 Inf
BTR3 with 3/1/3 Inf
Soon: ATGM team from Jaguars!

BTR1 with 3/1/1 move along (red) line, at location dismount 3/1/1 Inf and disperse. Face S

BTR2 with 3/1/2 disperse Inf in the woods away from the BTR and have them overlook the street Face SE

BTR3 with 3/1/3 wait for the ATGM to be dropped off from Jaguars!, then load ATGM into BTR, follow (yellow) next to the road and drop off ATGM near BTR2, then follow along (yellow) further and move into the woods, unmount 3/1/3 and disperse. Face S

ATGM team, after dropped off near BTR2, move into cover/woods. Face S

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Deadline is in about two hours, so don't forget to get in orders if something has changed for you (Probably 2nd Coy more than anyone)

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

NastyToes posted:

2nd Company / 3rd Platoon

Cancel previous orders. Dismount infantry again and have them move to these positions but leave the hq team in the BTR. Have the BTRs reverse into the woods.

3/3 and 3/1 won't be able to support 3/2 against anything coming from the south. If you're going to dig in, I'd prefer you take a position that won't leave one of your platoons unnecessarily exposed. Along the treeline where 3/1 is currently, or along the road itself, for example.

professor_curly posted:

Deadline is in about two hours, so don't forget to get in orders if something has changed for you (Probably 2nd Coy more than anyone)

So as I understand it, my orders are now to defend the road, and nothing else?

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Yes. I think fighting them as they crest over Mount Silver would be a better place to hold than trying to rush forward, at this point, and your forces are already mostly in position to do this.

If you have other plans though, let me know. We've got about an hour to discuss if we can get people on.

Edit: Also 3rd Coy, do you mind if I give orders to those Engineers to start them moving forward?

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

Recon Platoon
(filling in for Decoy Badger)

HQ team
Continue your slow journey through the woods.

2nd squad
BTR: Target near the suspected bradley as shown (see second image). Pause for 15 seconds. Reverse and pop smoke. Pause for 15 seconds and then continue reversing as shown.
A team: move quickly as shown.

The BTR area fire targeting is super wonky, but if you set it to the end of the blue line, you should be able to target close to the suspected bradley/infantry.

B team:
Target briefly just above the US infantry position for 15 seconds, then move as shown:

3rd squad
Please shif the path a little bit to the east, so that are driving through the slightly clearer area. Dismount the infantry and move quickly to the indicated position.

abelian fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 23, 2016

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

Battalion HQ assets

XO BTR:
Cancel previous orders. Dismount the XO team in the first minute. Have the team run into the nearby building.Turn the BTR around and head towards the bogged AGS team.

Mortar FO
Sorry, no map for them, but continue down the road on foot to the southeast.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
30 Minutes to the deadline, just a friendly reminder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
poo poo, I'm not at home and able to load the game. I guess I'll stay put. Either that or I can occupy 3/1 or 3/2's old position if they're advancing.

• Locked thread