Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i was never good enough at competitive games for it to matter but i do envy those lucky few who hone their craft 12 hours a day instead of educating themselves and finding love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i hope sombra's ult deletes the battle.net account of anyone in the game playing genji or hanzo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

nerds: YOU DIDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING AS ZENYATTA

me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meP_Ufwj-FY&t=262s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

nerds: YOU DIDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING AS ZENYATTA

me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meP_Ufwj-FY&t=262s

lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a Loving Dog posted:

i hope sombra's ult deletes the battle.net account of anyone in the game playing genji or hanzo

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i never feel like i understand what range i'm supposed to be at when i try genji. he has the spread shuriken alt-fire, so maybe i'm supposed to get up close with him? but i get creamed when i try...

it just feels like you need a LOT of mechanical/twitch skill to reach basic competency with him, much more than most characters.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YI think you harass with the regular attack and once someone is sufficiently isolated you get on them and use the shotgun attack and jump around and be crazy so no one can hit you. But yeah that means you need good aim.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

genjis very high skill. you need to be precise and also lead your shots while flying around everywhere to deal less damage than the other offense classes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hope this means theyre doing away with plugsuit dva

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just thought of an epic symmetra buff... Make her gun repair armor and make regular healers not able to heal armor. And then make torbs armor buff a permanent thing like symmetras shield

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theyre totally reworking symmetra Like giving her different moves and stuff. They said it in a vid.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Making Symmetra a pocket healer for DVa and Rein would be retarded Larry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Theyre totally reworking symmetra Like giving her different moves and stuff. They said it in a vid.

make her ray gun hit multiple enemies when ult is maxed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Symmetra's my favorite character, and this owns.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Symmetra's my favorite character, and this owns.

I like playing her a lot but unfortunately she's really dependent on the team not being full of retards. There were so many loving maps where I respawned and see other people on the spawn room not going to the teleport. Idiots!!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Making Symmetra a pocket healer for DVa and Rein would be retarded Larry

Lmfao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
They need to make symmetra more viable in late game. I always run her on defense at the beginning because that teleported is major when you get it up, but it loses efficiency when you are defending the last point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

They need to make symmetra more viable in late game. I always run her on defense at the beginning because that teleported is major when you get it up, but it loses efficiency when you are defending the last point.

She's way better on KOTH maps cause the enemy team is less likely to hunt for the teleport and you can just put all your loving turrets on the objective room instead of putting on the various routes the attack team is taking.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

hope this means theyre doing away with plugsuit dva

how would self-destruct work?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

how would self-destruct work?

i think its fine if shes mechless dva for the ult, but turning into a little dps after "dying" feels really awkward. its also especially annoying for the enemy after the dva buffs cause now that you've finally taken out this big hunk of armor+barrier you also have to deal with a tiny bouncy target trying to pop you. should just have a little more armor and outright die

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
feels a little weird to have mechless dva only appear in the moment between firing the ult & calling a new mech, but that might just be because i'm used to the current system. a character who can die twice is cool, but makes more sense without 600 mech hp

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

maybe change her ult on the last point or something. like replace the teleport entirely with something else

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

maybe change her ult on the last point or something. like replace the teleport entirely with something else

I like this idea but I'm not sure what it would be. Maybe add a couple more placeable turrets?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I like this idea but I'm not sure what it would be. Maybe add a couple more placeable turrets?
Make her turrets fire energy balls like her alt-fire while her ult is up?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

maybe make her turrets impervious to damage for a few seconds, idk. i like playing symmetra but once you're defending the last point almost any other character is a better choice

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

She's way better on KOTH maps cause the enemy team is less likely to hunt for the teleport and you can just put all your loving turrets on the objective room instead of putting on the various routes the attack team is taking.

This sounds highly unreliable and wasteful of a character slot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My only problem with Dva is if you kill her and she uses the ult, she can get her mech back immediately.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wormskull posted:

My only problem with Dva is if you kill her and she uses the ult, she can get her mech back immediately.

I thought she had to kill someone with the ult to get it back instantly.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nope, the mech just needs to blow up. so if you use it as the mech is going down it's a second life

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Holy poo poo,mI just realized: dva= Diva.

Mind loving blown.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

New Legendary Reaper voice line? "Spoopy Scary Skeletons... Send shivers, down your spines... /edgelord" Blizzard, this is your chance to really make Halloween awesome.

this needs to be shown again lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mei is gonna have a 40% ult cost increase thank loving Christ

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also Torb will get scrap automatically and only 15 from fallen enemies so there's no incentive to get away from the turret to collect scrap lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THeres a bunch of crazy PTR changes but they said that most of them probably wont make it onto live servers and its more of a hardcore testing thing. S76 and D.Va got huge buffs also for instance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Also Torb will get scrap automatically and only 15 from fallen enemies so there's no incentive to get away from the turret to collect scrap lol

The Torb changes sound really retarded. Scouring for metal after every team fight is legitimately fun

• Locked thread