Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I was always a fan of Opium and Anfuny, at least until that Camel Clutch song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Dopie and Agony is what I always go back to. That Newfie had some funny in him.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CrashCat posted:

I was always a fan of Opium and Anfuny, at least until that Camel Clutch song
I wish you had spoilered that, because I'm going to hear "OOOOOOOOOOOOH CAMELCLUTCH" on and off in my head for the rest of the day

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

stealie72 posted:

I wish you had spoilered that, because I'm going to hear "OOOOOOOOOOOOH CAMELCLUTCH" on and off in my head for the rest of the day

B
I
LLT
ETLEY Bill Tetley

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
One thing I absolutely hate about /r/opieandanthony: They're right-wing retards who think James O'Keefe is somehow a reputable source of investigative journalism. God am I going to be happy when all those pricks are lying dead in the streets or appropriately imprisoned after failed insurrection.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

One thing I absolutely hate about /r/opieandanthony: They're right-wing retards who think James O'Keefe is somehow a reputable source of investigative journalism. God am I going to be happy when all those pricks are lying dead in the streets or appropriately imprisoned after failed insurrection.

It will be cool when he commits another felony and gets arrested again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

CrashCat posted:

B
I
LLT
ETLEY Bill Tetley

why don't we make it into a web series :grin:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Keg posted:

It will be cool when he commits another felony and gets arrested again.

No poo poo. That he's a convicted fraudster doesn't change their opinions of him, though. Nope, this guy made COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE FOOTAGE of Democrats doing something wrong!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm dying

https://twitter.com/ErikDassey/status/788374814499024896

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Apoplexy posted:

Reddit? Who the hell goes to reddit?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Apoplexy posted:

The occasional bit of hilarity/working Joe into a froth doesn't change the fact that they are, were, and always will be shitlords.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Tom Segura just called into Bennington to do his "meeting Mike Tyson on a plane" bit that's like over a year old and on a special and everything.

Never heard them put up with that. It's a funny bit but it was verbatim from his special. Just odd. :confused:

e: they just love the story and wanted him to re-tell it, maybe im just :spergin:

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 18, 2016

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
You sure it wasn't a replay of when he first called in with it in 2014, a few days after it happened? I'm not listening live. He told it on Ron & Fez first and then it went into his standup. It's one of Ron's favorite stories ever and he lost his poo poo when Segura first told it.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Gail was reacting to it, so I don't think it was a replay. And after he hung up they were talking about how that's their favorite story of his, and he has an Unmasked coming up.

Just sounded really weird to hear a comedian doing a bit on-air when Bennington clearly knows it. But he loved it, so :shrug:

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Apoplexy posted:

Ive always assumed that a good portion of listeners are/were apolitical and that everything most learned about politics is from their idol Anthony

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

jerkstoresup posted:

Gail was reacting to it, so I don't think it was a replay. And after he hung up they were talking about how that's their favorite story of his, and he has an Unmasked coming up.

Just sounded really weird to hear a comedian doing a bit on-air when Bennington clearly knows it. But he loved it, so :shrug:

I think I'd give them a pass because I know that my friends and I have certain stories that we love telling over and over again and for some reason without fail they floor us with laughter as if it's the first time we've ever told him. It's actually a pretty normal thing.

vvvv now that you mention it that's one thing I've always liked about Ron as a host, is that once he knows something works he keeps going back to it without it becoming stale for the most part.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 18, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I think I'd give them a pass because I know that my friends and I have certain stories that we love telling over and over again and for some reason without fail they floor us with laughter as if it's the first time we've ever told him. It's actually a pretty normal thing.

The Benningtons also reuse a decent amount of stuff. How many times has Ron joked that our national anthem should be Low Rider?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Apoplexy posted:

Dopie and Agony is what I always go back to. That Newfie had some funny in him.

"Dose shhhhhit-heads."

Also I think my favorite line from Colin today was "Hank, I promise you one thing: If there's cheese in that omlete I'm gonna dig a left hand right into his fuckin' liver."

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."

Apoplexy posted:

Dumb aside, but I can't stop laughing at the Jared Fogle fanboy caller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrRWdVB6q1g on SRS. How can anyone hate li'l Sammy Doodle after show segments like this? He's really good. Although I prefer him with Jim and today there's no Jimmy on the morning show. :(

That call is amazing. Especially considering I live in the town of the original Jared subway and my housemate and I joke about him all the time. First time I've felt inspired to link her to anything related to any of these shows. The caller was the true star, but yes, Sam handled it perfectly.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

vvvv now that you mention it that's one thing I've always liked about Ron as a host, is that once he knows something works he keeps going back to it without it becoming stale for the most part.

Penn has told the exact same stories multiple times on O&A and they just went with it. Just another example that springs to mind. I think socially, it's not that easy to just butt in with "We heard that already!" if you're trying to maintain some semblance of politeness.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Just listened to yesterday's show, and the Tom Segura call was a replay of the original story. It was edited down to take out the part about Shelby and Gail's laughing was only at the end, when they finished playing the clip. So, Ron didn't just have Tom call in to tell the same story, they were just replaying that original call to promo the upcoming Unmasked.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

JFC posted:

Just listened to yesterday's show, and the Tom Segura call was a replay of the original story. It was edited down to take out the part about Shelby and Gail's laughing was only at the end, when they finished playing the clip. So, Ron didn't just have Tom call in to tell the same story, they were just replaying that original call to promo the upcoming Unmasked.

My mistake then. I was half listening and then very confused why he was doing that bit again.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

mousetrench posted:

That call is amazing. Especially considering I live in the town of the original Jared subway and my housemate and I joke about him all the time. First time I've felt inspired to link her to anything related to any of these shows. The caller was the true star, but yes, Sam handled it perfectly.

Bloomington Subway on Woodlawn... I miss my IU days.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
oh hey cool, it's the Jim, Sam, Ant and Tefft show

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

mousetrench posted:

Penn has told the exact same stories multiple times on O&A and they just went with it. Just another example that springs to mind. I think socially, it's not that easy to just butt in with "We heard that already!" if you're trying to maintain some semblance of politeness.

Well you see, me and my friend Richard had this tree fort

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Seriously listen to Horsecock & Sam & CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pFCWVlb9s

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

starring Roland

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

The Benningtons also reuse a decent amount of stuff. How many times has Ron joked that our national anthem should be Low Rider?
Ron has incredible recall of his own gags for a dude that spent so much of his life destroying brain cells.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Soooo...Opie and Cowhead?

https://twitter.com/opieshow/status/788859918321418240

Screencap is from here http://www.insideradio.com/people_moves/mike-calta/article_14fc88ba-963c-11e6-806d-4f92e64fb534.html

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:thejoke:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I like Nick DiPaolo as a comedian and I don't mind his politics being completely polarized from mine but holy poo poo does he have the most insufferable and inconsistent logic. His main shtick is 'Liberal media censors the right and leftists all violent thugs!' and saying poo poo like 'SNL making Trump look uglier than Hillary' is a symptom of that. Meanwhile, he's saying people don't have enough thick skin and that blacks and gays and PC libtards should get over whatever poo poo they get put through because :shrug:.

Then Ron presses him on term limits (and how he's wrong on it) for 2 minutes and he completely falls apart.

When Anthony pulled this poo poo it was generally a diversion from his normal funny poo poo and it was worrisome. DiPaolo is literally marketing himself like this and he's terrible.

Morter fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 20, 2016

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

"Oh poo poo, this bitch got a dick!" is my internal reaction to pretty much everything now.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

When Anthony pulled this poo poo it was generally a diversion from his normal funny poo poo and it was worrisome. DiPaolo is literally marketing himself like this and he's terrible.
At least when Anthony said completely lunatic poo poo I felt like he came by it honestly, he always had at least some internal logic for his crackpot racism

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Comedians are stupid people when they are not being funny

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Even some of Anthony's racist poo poo felt like he was trying to be funny. Nick always felt legitimately hateful. None of the ironic detachment or sarcasm that let's a lot of other comics say stupid poo poo. At least on his O&A appearances.

Wouldn't mind being proven wrong, though.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Nick DiPaolo is the conservative version of Jamie Kilstein. Barely funny and completely unbearable unless you agree with him.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
As bad as this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulx70PzqAgA

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I agree with the sentiment and that is still awful

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Here's Bobo on Pat Dixon's New York City Crime Report, cutting a wrestling promo on Danny Ross.

https://vid.me/7DfT

I think I've grown out of finding Bobo funny...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Bobo's shining moment was the Up & Down Game with Patrice O'Neal in studio. Everything after that is downhill, although when he got his heart broken (also another one with Patrice) was amazing, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PCXF2NfMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCTuYGp3ro&t=6900s

• Locked thread