Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

killing genji is a morally righteous act

even if it were it wouldn't be enough to atone for playing hanzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Kashuno posted:

I don't think it'd be good at all with characters like Mei allowed

Overwatch isn't good at all with 0 cooldowns, which is a way you are allowed to play it in a custom game.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm pretty sure Mercy and Lucio would break that mode over their knees way harder than Mei would.

To say NOTHING of Torbjorn or Bastion.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Also they did this after Australia was given to the robots as part of a peace deal, which is maybe the dumbest part of Overwatch lore.

If you think that's stupid, wait until you remember that we did it in the Real World in Palestine.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Foxhound posted:

Feel free to refer to this canon alignment chart that I found through official Blizzard sources in any future discussions.

I've been described as Chaotic Good before, what does it even mean?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

strong bird posted:

If you think that's stupid, wait until you remember that we did it in the Real World in Palestine.

Bastion isn't a true Omnic until he's gone on his Birthright trip to Australia

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pippy posted:

I've been described as Chaotic Good before, what does it even mean?

It means your friends are nerds.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

General

Dealing damage to non-players (like like Torbjorn's turrets or Symmetra's teleporter), no longer charges ultimate abilities
Ultimate costs have been increased by 25% for all heroes

D. Va

Mech health increased to 200 (formerly 100). Armor remains at 400
Movement speed while firing has been increased by 25%

Soldier: 76

Pulse Rifle
Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
Maximum bullet spread Increased from 2.2 to 2.4

Ana

Nano Boost
No longer increases move speed

Mei

Blizzard
Ultimate cost has been increased by 15%

Lúcio

Amp It Up
Healing-per-second has been decreased by 10%

Zarya

Particle Barrier
Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%

Projected Barrier

Torbjörn

Scrap is now automatically generated over time
The amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy has been decreased by 40%
Forge Hammer
Swing speed increased by 25%
Damage decreased by 27%

These may not be final, but they're what just went up on PTR. People are also claiming other undocumented changes, like Mei's ult activating faster once cast and Pharah splash damage being reduced.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
As a Zarya main this hurts if it's true. Sometimes it's hard enough to juice myself.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

They probably cut Zarya that hard with an eye toward adjusting after some PTR data. She definitely needed some adjustment but I doubt they hit her this hard in the end.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
As a D.Va main, I'm rock hard.

Also, the Ana nerf is welcome as all hell and a stealth buff to McCree who now becomes a valid target for her ult.

Depending on specifics, that could be a huge buff to Torb, too. Especially if he gets enough over time to armor himself/Zenyatta/Zarya up at the start of a match

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I get people don't like Mei's ult but the buff dragged her into mid-tier. A straight-up nerf with no other tuning is disappointing.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am not happy about dva getting buffes while zarya gets hit with an unneeded nerf.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Bumper Stickup posted:

I am not happy about dva getting buffes while zarya gets hit with an unneeded nerf.

Are... are you a Zarya player who has trouble fighting D.Va?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dva does poo poo for damage... let's increase her health.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

Are... are you a Zarya player who has trouble fighting D.Va?

No? I don't feel like zarya needed a nerf. And Dva didn't need a buff. I don't like any of the other changes either but those two stuck out to me more than any.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zarya is insanely frustrating to play against right now. She does too much damage for how durable she is. The damage output or the durability has to be tweaked.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah something had to be done about Zarya. I enjoy her a lot but she's insane. I just hope the nerf gets dialed back a bit since this sounds huge.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The only problem with Zarya is that her 'don't shoot at me now' ability somehow became 'don't shoot at me ever' in the minds of the playerbase.

Like, obviously you don't want to feed her energy but when it's a 3v1 and shes way overextended, maybe, just maybe, those 3 players can burn through her shield and health cause she has zero movement abilities.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sounds like they're working towards making 100% charge a state you have to build up slowly instead of in a single round of barriers. i wouldn't be surprised if they end up making charge decay slower and/or give bigger dividends to compensate.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Bumper Stickup posted:

No? I don't feel like zarya needed a nerf. And Dva didn't need a buff. I don't like any of the other changes either but those two stuck out to me more than any.

Zarya is played pretty much all the time no matter the situation and is Good

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm surprised how much Zarya and Roadhog have managed to stay relevant. At the start of the game I figured that they were noob crushers destined for the scrap heap since people would learn about the shields and learn to position better, but Zarya in particular had more room to grow than I thought. You don't have to trick people into shooting the shield if you just use those shields as a way to enforce your will on the team, create space, etc

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
It might also be in conjunction with the Torb changes, depending on how fast he can get his armor out. Zarya with armor is one mean lady.

Also, I don't get the "Zarya wrecks D.Va" thing. Just... not shoot her when her shield is up and then shoot the poo poo out of her the moment it goes down. You're only going to lose if your teammates gave her maximum charge (So always :v:)

Although, I will say that the most terrifying thing D.Va can run into is a Zarya/Mei pair. Those two together are instant death and grounds for switching characters immediately.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Also, I don't get the "Zarya wrecks D.Va" thing. Just... not shoot her when her shield is up and then shoot the poo poo out of her the moment it goes down.

You say this as if Zarya can't shoot back while this is happening :geno:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'm surprised how much Zarya and Roadhog have managed to stay relevant. At the start of the game I figured that they were noob crushers destined for the scrap heap since people would learn about the shields and learn to position better, but Zarya in particular had more room to grow than I thought. You don't have to trick people into shooting the shield if you just use those shields as a way to enforce your will on the team, create space, etc

Exactly. I also think that once people figured out "Hey, she actually has pretty drat good range" I started running into way more competent Zaryas.

As for Roadhog, well, he counters Reinhardt effectively (moreso than anyone? Maybe not Reaper?) and gently caress Reinhardt.

CJacobs posted:

You say this as if Zarya can't shoot back while this is happening :geno:

Hence the "Only a problem if your teammates gave her a shitload of charge" This absolutely won't work if she's charged up because she'll melt you

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

D Va instantly has to give up on aggressively zoning with matrix peek-a-boo shenanigans as soon as there's a zarya or mei nearby. And what else does she really do? Pretty much all else is just chunking reinhardt shields or chasing to secure kills on weakened, fleeing enemies.

They have to be careful tweaking her numbers and turning her into a flying bulldozer, though. Especially upping her move speed while firing is a little iffy sounding.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

DrSeRRoD posted:

These may not be final, but they're what just went up on PTR. People are also claiming other undocumented changes, like Mei's ult activating faster once cast and Pharah splash damage being reduced.
Reduced? In exchange for what? Do they know how Pharah currently stands?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

That's gotta be one guy's bad experiences talking. Pharah lives so far away from nerf-town right now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Negative explosive radius. It now actually heals enemies who aren't hit by it directly

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cumtaster posted:

sounds like they're working towards making 100% charge a state you have to build up slowly instead of in a single round of barriers. i wouldn't be surprised if they end up making charge decay slower and/or give bigger dividends to compensate.

That would definitely make her easier for people like me to use her

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Lift the 8 ball multirocket loading and soft lock-on from UT. Nothing wrong could come from this.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Those Torb changes sound wack

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

resistentialism posted:

Lift the 8 ball multirocket loading and soft lock-on from UT. Nothing wrong could come from this.
poo poo even triple would be rad

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Honestly I like nearly everything in this list other than minor uninformed quibbles about degree. I'm concerned about Torb because I have no idea where it leaves him and I was perfectly happy with him being garbage.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Pretty worthless on pc but middling to good on console?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

CJacobs posted:

Negative explosive radius. It now actually heals enemies who aren't hit by it directly
I could envision such an error in coding

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

resistentialism posted:

More secondary fire modes for weapons would be nice, too many characters have L2 as an unused button

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Those PTR changes drive home that they have no idea what to do for Winston.

D.va already did his job pretty well and now she can actually chase down those little guys long enough to kill them.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

DrSeRRoD posted:

General

Dealing damage to non-players (like like Torbjorn's turrets or Symmetra's teleporter), no longer charges ultimate abilities
Ultimate costs have been increased by 25% for all heroes

D. Va

Mech health increased to 200 (formerly 100). Armor remains at 400
Movement speed while firing has been increased by 25%

Soldier: 76

Pulse Rifle
Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
Maximum bullet spread Increased from 2.2 to 2.4

Ana

Nano Boost
No longer increases move speed

Mei

Blizzard
Ultimate cost has been increased by 15%

Lúcio

Amp It Up
Healing-per-second has been decreased by 10%

Zarya

Particle Barrier

Projected Barrier

Torbjörn

Scrap is now automatically generated over time
The amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy has been decreased by 40%
Forge Hammer
Swing speed increased by 25%
Damage decreased by 27%

I like all of these changes except for the mech hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Cumtaster posted:

This is pretty dumb IMO. Because I main her I can build up currently a 100% charge in a pretty quick manner. Shield Rein and my self and eat the fire strike and your done. So, getting up to 80% and having it stay closer to that means that after cool down let's say I'll be at ~70 maybe ~60. I can get through another bubble and be at ~100% in no time and keep it hovering around that for longer. On really good games an average energy 50%+, average game ~35%. So being able to stay at a higher rate longer would be awesome IMO. Higher energy is a double edge sword kind of. You kill people faster but it's harder to build charge because of how quickly you kill people off. You can't eat dmg fast enough to keep your energy up. Idk just my thought.