Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Bought this bag for my wife as part of an anniversary present from a local vintage shop. Handmade out of old military surplus tents and satchels and poo poo.

Only $65!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A copy of Soviet and Mujahideen Uniforms, Clothing, and Equipment in the Soviet-Afghan War, 1979-1989.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

chitoryu12 posted:

A copy of Soviet and Mujahideen Uniforms, Clothing, and Equipment in the Soviet-Afghan War, 1979-1989.

This post and the one above fit perfect.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I spent a bunch of money on a keycap set (+ novelties and ergodox kit) for one of my weird, homemade keyboards.

I also bought some Motive Pure after hearing Derek Waters (of Drunk History) and Katie Nolan talking on a podcast about how it's a miracle hangover preventative. Worth a shot.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lawen posted:

I also bought some Motive Pure after hearing Derek Waters (of Drunk History) and Katie Nolan talking on a podcast about how it's a miracle hangover preventative. Worth a shot.

The best hangover cure that I've ever tried is just remembering to drink a bunch of water before getting to bed.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

The best hangover cure that I've ever tried is just remembering to drink a bunch of water before getting to bed.

That, and set your alarm 2 hours before you have to get up, take a Goodie's Headache Powder with a pint of water, then go back to sleep. You wake up feeling great and so long as you immediately eat and keep drinking water, you can dodge the hangover.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Yeah, like 95% of hangover misery comes from dehydration so a saline IV is probably the actual best hangover cure. There are actually a couple Uber-style services (like http://www.hangoverclub.com/) that will come to your house and give you an IV. But since that's loving insane, I'm going with the snake oil electrolyte stuff that probably isn't much better than just remembering to drink the 16-20oz of water you mix into. Like I said though, worth a shot.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
For real though, Goody's headache powder it's a loving miracle drug for hangovers. It may not be the best for one's liver/kidney, but if you cared about those jerks you wouldn't be drinking to excess in the first place

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Lawen posted:

Why not $1/bottle gatorade?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

bongwizzard posted:

For real though, Goody's headache powder it's a loving miracle drug for hangovers. It may not be the best for one's liver/kidney, but if you cared about those jerks you wouldn't be drinking to excess in the first place

Don't bother ever wasting your money on branded pain killers just buy generic paracetamol and or aspirin you'll have more money for alcohol.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I am fine with paying $0.50 for the convenience of pre-dosed powdered drugs.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

bongwizzard posted:

I am fine with paying $0.50 for the convenience of pre-dosed powdered drugs.

Powers don't have any more efficacy than tablets do and tablets are more convenient.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
They kick in way way faster.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

bongwizzard posted:

They kick in way way faster.

It's all in your mind, the bottleneck is the absorption into the blood stream not the dissolution of the substrate.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I mean, no, a powder will enter your blood stream faster then a pill that has to dissolve but this is maybe the dumbest argument ever so enjoy your pills I guess.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
If you're not shooting up, you're wasting it anyway.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

bongwizzard posted:

I mean, no, a powder will enter your blood stream faster then a pill that has to dissolve but this is maybe the dumbest argument ever so enjoy your pills I guess.

Powder still has to dissolve but yeah enjoy wasting your money on brands

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Same but a roll kebab and a liter of milk.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lawen posted:

There are actually a couple Uber-style services (like http://www.hangoverclub.com/) that will come to your house and give you an IV.

2016 is incredible.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Bought this bag for my wife as part of an anniversary present from a local vintage shop. Handmade out of old military surplus tents and satchels and poo poo.

Only $65!

That's neat

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought one of those half-gloves for tablet drawing because my hands shake a little too much.
It was cheap and works very well!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
isn't there a product you put under your tongue for super fast acting headache issues?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bhodi posted:

isn't there a product you put under your tongue for super fast acting headache issues?

You're thinking of Head On, apply it directly to the forehead.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You're thinking of Head On, apply it directly to the forehead.

I tried putting that under my tongue.

Tasted terrible.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Bhodi posted:

LSD is anecdotally supposed to hep cluster migraines.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Bhodi posted:

Disprin is something you can spray under your tongue, but its more a super fast acting NSAID than anything else, it might hide a headache for an hour or 2 but if you dont do all the other necessary poo poo like hydrating, and having a salty fried breakfast then you're gonna hit a wall real quick if you try acting like you cheated your way out of it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dpack_1 posted:

Disprin is something you can spray under your tongue, but its more a super fast acting NSAID than anything else, it might hide a headache for an hour or 2 but if you dont do all the other necessary poo poo like hydrating, and having a salty fried breakfast then you're gonna hit a wall real quick if you try acting like you cheated your way out of it.

I don't drink like I used to. There's a part of me that misses being very hungover, scarfing down a plate of bacon and eggs while chugging a Gatorade and then sleeping for another 5 hours.
*sigh*

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

blarzgh posted:

Only $65!

Nice looking looking bag!

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Lawen posted:

Yeah, like 95% of hangover misery comes from dehydration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangover#Causes

There's a lot more to it than that. A lot of the dehydration-targeting therapies work because you simply drink less alcohol as a result of drinking a bunch of water in between.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Napoli suit from Suit Supply. My friends asked me to officiate their wedding and I didn't own a real suit, only separate pants/jackets. Figured I'd get something conservative that I can wear to just about any suit-wearing event. Fits like a dream after their tailor did her thing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Every year I think "this will be the year I won't get a new phone." My phone is good enough, and my very similar Nexus 6P is my fav phone of all time, but I still did this

Google Pixel XL... but more importantly with this case

Name that area and win a free :thumbsup: from me

I am now completely de-huawei'd after switching smartwatches too :/

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Every year I think "this will be the year I won't get a new phone." My phone is good enough, and my very similar Nexus 6P is my fav phone of all time, but I still did this

Google Pixel XL... but more importantly with this case

Name that area and win a free :thumbsup: from me

I am now completely de-huawei'd after switching smartwatches too :/

Stanley Park / North Vancouver?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

beefnoodle posted:

One of these for office water-drinking. 20 oz. not 30 because I'm not an animal.:

A few pairs of these, thanks to stumbling onto a Nike outlet while traveling this past weekend. For running, not for style.

And tickets to see this:

Thank you for alerting me to the upcoming Roger Waters tour, time to see him again again again. Very excited.

I bought an Ikea Friheten sleeper sofa, so now I and three of my closest friends can put our butts on the same thing and I can have overnight guests.

I've got an office desk on the way for my home office, looking at a retail space so I can sell cat drugs to kids, and I got a new bed. It's king size so now I can spread out like a king.

My favorite recent purchase by far was the Uhaul I packed all my poo poo into so I could move back home to Chicago. My new apartment is rad, my high school friends have 90% remained rad, and it's good to be home.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Megabound posted:

A bunch of new writing gear:

What is this pen? What are the nibs? This stuff looks really cool.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Argyle posted:

Napoli suit from Suit Supply. My friends asked me to officiate their wedding and I didn't own a real suit, only separate pants/jackets. Figured I'd get something conservative that I can wear to just about any suit-wearing event. Fits like a dream after their tailor did her thing.
I did the same exact thing about one year ago. I was also officiating my friends' wedding and bought a Suit Supply suit from the Madison Ave location (NYC.) Very happy with it.

Content:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Stanley Park / North Vancouver?

:thumbsup:

You better not have cheated!!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

:thumbsup:

You better not have cheated!!

I was cycling the seawall only two months ago, would not have recognized the area before then though.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

twoday posted:

What is this pen? What are the nibs? This stuff looks really cool.

Thanks! The top pen is a Kaweco Sport in fine, it's tiny when capped and a full sized pen when posted, it's my go to pocket pen now.

The other is a TWSBI Vac 700 in 1.1 Stub, here's nibs and (lovely) writing samples:

There's a good Fountain Pen thread on SA actually if you want to check it out some more, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531265

And if you're thinking about a first pen look at the TWSBI Eco. They're really cheap, great quality nibs and have a huge ink capacity.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Oct 20, 2016

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Quote is not edit

Megabound has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Oct 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I recently bought an engagement ring.

Now it looks like I'll be buying a honeymoon in a year! :dance: