Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Phantasium posted:

This reveal was bullshit because it didn't say anything about a standalone cube that increases the system's horsepower, somehow.

If you plug the tablet into a cartridge and then into the dock you can play Mario &Knuckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Hungry Bit posted:

I can't wait to buy this mobile-oriented console but never take it out of my house because it's so big and I can hear other people on the subway judging me for playing baby games as an adult.

Lol ya I probably won't take this outta my house either but I love the mobile aspect of it so I can take it anywhere in the house that I want. Finally toilet console games will be a reality.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

There's been ramblings about how AMD is going to have a conference call with Nintendo tomorrow, possibly to give the OK to announce their third design win. This fully debunked yet?

earnings call is today, 5pm ET.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

The refined adult baby will play games while his Tesla drives him around.

One day I will own a self-driving RV, and play my Nintendo Switch in its dock on a full-sized HDTV inside it while it drives me around

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I really wanna know how easy/hard the game approval process is for the switch OS. will it be better than Wii U. If it's android OS, maybe a way to sideload apps??? Will the OS allow multi-tasking

WHAT WILL MIIVERSE 2 BE LIKE

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Real hurthling! posted:

it has two weird indicator lights on either side that make it seem like its a battery pack or something idk

There's four lights on each side, maybe one is player number and one is the charge remaining in the grip? They both have the top light on though, and charge indicators usually start at the bottom.

I guess it could be "charge on each side" or something really weird if the system supports a crazy number of controllers.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Quest For Glory II posted:

WHAT WILL MIIVERSE 2 BE LIKE

Thank you for asking the important questions.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Tomie knows me posted:

Thank you for asking the important questions.

Like this but as the switch is targeted to adults so replace "parents" with "my partner and I".

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Will the Switch not even have Miis..... what if this is the end of Mii

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Should have called it the Swiitch

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hungry Bit posted:

I can't wait to buy this mobile-oriented console but never take it out of my house because it's so big and I can hear other people on the subway judging me for playing baby games as an adult.

hen don't play baby games, play anime games

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't get how they are going to have a console gaming experience on par with the PS4 in a tablet sized console, that also has enough battery life to sustain a substantial amount of play.

The good news is that there were no shots in that trailer of someone using the tablet and using the TV.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like that Nintendo focuses on providing fun gameplay instead of graphics and cinematicness

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

source??

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

instead of Miis you will have Swiis

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Astro7x posted:

I don't get how they are going to have a console gaming experience on par with the PS4 in a tablet sized console, that also has enough battery life to sustain a substantial amount of play.

The good news is that there were no shots in that trailer of someone using the tablet and using the TV.

Depends on what you mean by substantial. Most Tablets can stay on for like 8ish hours of always on time. I'd imagine 4-5ish hours is a real safe bet for this thing, also is also thicker than most tablets which means a larger battery can fit in it.

My guess is this system power wise is going to be around the same difference that the Xbox One is to the PS4. To the Xbox One.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dexo posted:

Depends on what you mean by substantial. Most Tablets can stay on for like 8ish hours of always on time. I'd imagine 4-5ish hours is a real safe bet for this thing, also is also thicker than most tablets which means a larger battery can fit in it.

My guess is this system power wise is going to be around the same difference that the Xbox One has to the PS4. To the Xbox One.

Most tablets are fanless and don't get hot. This thing is going to be dissipating a ton more energy than most tablets, which means shorter battery life. I'd expect 2-4 hours from this thing actually playing games.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Joycon is the cyberpunkest new word I've heard this year so that means Switch will be good

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

can we acknowledge that nintendo are by far the weirdest games company out

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Man I just bought a new 3ds less than a year ago. I've been out of the loop for a while. Do you think the Switch is going to completely stifle 3ds support/player ecosystem?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Man I just bought a new 3ds less than a year ago. I've been out of the loop for a while. Do you think the Switch is going to completely stifle 3ds support/player ecosystem?
eventually yeah. it's functionally a 720p handheld and all the 3DS and Vita devs are moving to it

3DS probably only sees support for the rest of 2017 and then it's done

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cory Parsnipson posted:

yeah probably unless the switch bombs

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ePicross is gonna be so much better on 720p screen, no more fuckin 25x20 max puzzles, gimme that 50x50 motherfuckers

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/789202059400716288

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 20, 2016

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

And with one fell swoop, Nintendo killed the poopsock market

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
^^ HOLY poo poo that's an awesome idea

RIP wallet

:negative:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

This what I was expecting too. A good idea.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Omg

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/789177930647674880

laura k is pretty trustworthy. She was right about a whole buncha leaks

I honestly can't see nintendo not doing this because literally all they have to do is take a regular joycon, spraypaint it gold, and stamp a zelda logo on, and they've made themselves a million bucks.

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 20, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looking forward to the controller add on that comes with that latest Senran Kagura game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Utnayan posted:

You will love the new Metroid. :)

gently caress Metroid gimme a third DKCR game

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, give me all the controllers. That is all I want, especially if they're truly so cheap to make that they could pack them in with games. Or if Switch games would be $50 but you get a bonus controller bit for $60.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sell me a joycon R with the stick above the buttons like God intended

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Phantasium posted:

This reveal was bullshit because it didn't say anything about a standalone cube that increases the system's horsepower, somehow.

i'm really dissapointed in myself for not having caused a 20+ page argument about whether there might be a power cube yet to be revealed or not yet, and whether or not its feasable

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Joycon sounds like some future drug.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Decus posted:

Yeah, give me all the controllers. That is all I want, especially if they're truly so cheap to make that they could pack them in with games. Or if Switch games would be $50 but you get a bonus controller bit for $60.

It worked for Amiibo. Ready for a Zelda contorted into the shape of a switch controller.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I guess it's not as bad as "wiimote"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anime titty joycons to play your anime titty games.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
The older I get the less games I play, but Nintendo stuff is always the most interesting.

Most WiiU releases like Splatoon, DKC:TF, Captain Toad, etc. were all awesome plus the countless 3DS games I've played over the years. Give me cool games without bullshit cinematics and add-on purchases and I'll give you my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Macaluso posted:

gently caress Metroid gimme a third DKCR game

No gently caress you!!! Metroid!!!!

• Locked thread