Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teikanmi posted:

The only thing better than these dumb plants being removed would be if they end up being basically useless anyways and all the goons who abloo bloo'd about it never mention them again

Ugh, I wish I could just teleport to your location and start whining about plants to you in person. This would be my second useless hero power, after Le Freak by Chic blaring at obnoxiously high volume whenever anyone says "I'm freaking out." around me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
blinding dart now causes a target to drop her/his weapon and shake a fist in rage as that wily teemo mugs at the camera, and zooms away like the roadrunner

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

The Mash posted:

Hextech Gunblade has also had spellvamp all season despite it being removed from revolver and WOTA

I thought they specifically left it on gunblade so it would be the weird unique leech item

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/58gfnp/lethality_duskblade_and_miss_fortune/

lol

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Poulpe posted:

I thought they specifically left it on gunblade so it would be the weird unique leech item

Gunblade has omnivamp, which applies to all damage you do, including a bunch of damage sources that neither spellvamp nor lifesteal apply to like some bleeds or procs.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Pre-season shaping up exactly as expected.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if an ADC has a nice thing some other rear end hole is going to start using it to kill you with it easier than you can kill them

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yeah but he has 500AD and 26 kills and a red pot, of course a no tank item Rengar is going to get 2 shot. That's not that surprising.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Gunblade has omnivamp, which applies to all damage you do, including a bunch of damage sources that neither spellvamp nor lifesteal apply to like some bleeds or procs.

The change to Gunblade and removal of WotA are why Vlad got some of his sustain changes, actually; spell vamp the way it used to be just doesn't exist anymore for the most part. I think it's only on one mastery and some runes.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I just hope eventually lethality is adjusted enough so I feel validated for running the Right Jhin Build since his release versus this kitschy armor pen crap

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Sexpansion posted:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/preseason-2017

I like this, strength of the ages was probably the best mastery in the tree but it was really boring.

The text has now been changed to hard cc.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Servaetes posted:

I just hope eventually lethality is adjusted enough so I feel validated for running the Right Jhin Build since his release versus this kitschy armor pen crap

#truth

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The change to Gunblade and removal of WotA are why Vlad got some of his sustain changes, actually; spell vamp the way it used to be just doesn't exist anymore for the most part. I think it's only on one mastery and some runes.

Morgana's passive still gives spellvamp.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/skins/the-teemoing-2016

New discount shop and some legacy skins are back (underworld TF, for example).

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 20, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Come to think of it is Jhin potentially on the block for being bashed to death with nerfs? I feel like he's fine and not super oppressive but seeing him in pro play a lot is a bit of a concern.

If anything it feels like Caitlyn might be looked at if we're talking adcs that need to be toned down

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Servaetes posted:

Come to think of it is Jhin potentially on the block for being bashed to death with nerfs? I feel like he's fine and not super oppressive but seeing him in pro play a lot is a bit of a concern.

If anything it feels like Caitlyn might be looked at if we're talking adcs that need to be toned down

He has a pretty good winrate at worlds so it's definitely possible. However, I don't think he'll get hit very hard. There are only like four ADCs getting any play at all at worlds and while Jhin is probably the most consistent he doesn't seem at all oppressive.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jhin's playrate at Worlds mostly has to due with the massive amount of team utility he brings to the table in the form of creating picks with Deadly Flourish/Curtain Call. He's still got terrible mobility, very average attack range and bad AoE, so I doubt he's going to get hit that much if at all. Maybe they'll shave a quarter second off of Deadly Flourish or something, but I otherwise think he's perfectly fine.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If you decided not to touch Doombots because you've played it before and bots aren't exciting, you really should because it's got some pretty significant, teemo-esque changes.

(it owns)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

If you decided not to touch Doombots because you've played it before and bots aren't exciting, you really should because it's got some pretty significant, teemo-esque changes.

(it owns)

Is it out yet I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Is it out yet I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it

Yeah, its under coop vs. AI

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
New mode is awesome. Would be so much fun to play 5.0 AS kogmaw on it. The only way you can really win is by having two hurricane adcs. Trist ashe both great picks

Methanar fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 20, 2016

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I gotta get me an Underworld Twisted Fate, one of the best looking skins in the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Neurolimal posted:

Yeah, its under coop vs. AI

what? that's confusing as gently caress.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Tired Moritz posted:

what? that's confusing as gently caress.

it's a bot game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

it's a bot game

yeah but you think they would promote it so it's on the front.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
The Teemoing was kind of easy. Picked Gangplank and watched bots just run into barrels for 1k damage. Giant Teemo himself gets melted by death's daughter cannon upgrade. I should bust out the crit damage runes just for fun.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah but you think they would promote it so it's on the front.

what, there being a big ole' gold star on the co-op vs ai tab isn't good enough?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I never even check the co-op vs ai tab. I'm just saying, as a casual league player, I didn't even notice that there's a special game mode.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
kennen seems pretty alright in doom bots since they invariably start grouping as 5

he also explodes as soon as you go in to ult, but it's still enough damage/cc to stop them from pushing for a while

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

I never even check the co-op vs ai tab. I'm just saying, as a casual league player, I didn't even notice that there's a special game mode.

seriouslty all you have to do to notice it is click play and its on the tab.

like its RIGHT THERE is the large and out of place glowing star seriously not signify something of importance to you?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
boy these doombots are not loving around

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Verviticus once told me to never shield towers as Janna.

Never listen to Verviticus

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I'm 2-0 versus doombots?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm with the other guys here, this isn't being casual, this is being blind and/or daft. You literally cannot queue for a game without seeing the star

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

kingcobweb posted:

Verviticus once told me to never shield towers as Janna.

Never listen to Verviticus

Move closer to him right away to give him tower aggro from sunfire!!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Mash posted:

Move closer to him right away to give him tower aggro from sunfire!!!

Haha I realized that... afterward :shobon:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

iSurrender posted:

The text has now been changed to hard cc.

quote:

[NEW] Courage of the Colossus (Resolve, Tier 6)

"Gain a shield for 10 + 10 per level + 7% of your maximum health for each nearby enemy champion for 4 seconds after hitting an enemy champion with hard CC (30 second cooldown)"

Are you ready for late game Zac/Nautilus/Sejuani/Amumu/Leona to get a 2k hp shield just for initiating a teamfight?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

golden bubble posted:

Are you ready for late game Zac/Nautilus/Sejuani/Amumu/Leona to get a 2k hp shield just for initiating a teamfight?

You have no loving idea how ready I am

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Oh gently caress THEY HAVE TO OFFICIALLY DEFINE "HARD" CC NOW!!! NOOOOO WHY DOES THIS MASTERY CONTAIN PANDORA'S BOOOOOOX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I mean, its a 4 second shield and lol if you focus naut because he initiated

Still a cool mastery tho, could be neat on bruisers with stuns.

• Locked thread