Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
I'd really prefer spread reduction on soldier over damage boost but spread increase. It feels like that would reward aiming more and keep him better at longer ranges so he'd have more of a niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Fusion Restaurant posted:

I'd really prefer spread reduction on soldier over damage boost but spread increase. It feels like that would reward aiming more and keep him better at longer ranges so he'd have more of a niche.

I'd like to see how he does with a set spread (no recoil to increase/decrease) and very little damage falloff.

Probably a lot better than I think.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
They nerfed Mei way too hard. There is no reason to pick her now over other DPS/Defense characters.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Duck and Cover posted:

Dva does poo poo for damage... let's increase her health.
They also increased her movespeed while shooting which is something people have requested for basically the whole lifespan of this game

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

im gay posted:

They nerfed Mei way too hard. There is no reason to pick her now over other DPS/Defense characters.

I predicted that they were going to make this change to Mei ever since they gave her ult two back to back buffs and it turned out that being able to have a Blizzard ready for literally every teamfight made a lot of people really unhappy. It's pretty silly to say that a nerf to her ult charge rate is nerfing her too hard since she still has a high damage projectile and her wall, both of which are the things that really good Mei players use to more devastating effect than even their ult. I mean unless there's some other changes to her that aren't being listed in the PTR notes this is about as reasonable a nerf as could be expected.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So, after hitting level 100, you need 20k xp to level from then on; it no longer resets on prestige. No more hitting 100 and waiting for events for easy boxes.

http://imgur.com/t2vdOyg

The total experience from 1-100 is about the same, you just no longer get easy/fast boxes/levels after prestige.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

DrSeRRoD posted:

So, after hitting level 100, you need 20k xp to level from then on; it no longer resets on prestige. No more hitting 100 and waiting for events for easy boxes.

The total experience from 1-100 is about the same, you just no longer get easy/fast boxes/levels after prestige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3htgnT0lCho

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

DrSeRRoD posted:

Gonna be a lot of tears during the christmas event huh.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Anyone else have issues with Gefore Drivers 373.06? I get pretty common crashing after playing the game for an hour or so with my GTX 1070, so I rolled back my drivers to 372.90. Here is a gpu-z screenshot, I also updated my bios drivers as according to this thread. http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1070-BIOS-Update-v8604500070-m2565056.aspx

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yeah frickin right, say what you actually mean to say: people bought less loot boxes because they were getting them quicker, so we're stopping that

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think it's a good change

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
Both Overwatch threads bear evidence that this change is a good one; Encouraging users to 'almost prestige' then stop playing until the next seasonal event is a pretty terrible idea IMO

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

All this does is gently caress people that weren't already level 100 and is total bullshit.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Fenarisk posted:

All this does is gently caress people that weren't already level 100 and is total bullshit.

Doesn't this only "gently caress" people who just prestiged and were wanting fast boxes?

If you aren't level 100 yet, won't you be unaffected?

I don't really know.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Doesn't this only "gently caress" people who just prestiged and were wanting fast boxes?

If you aren't level 100 yet, won't you be unaffected?

I don't really know.

No you have it right. 1-100 is unaffected and apparently slightly faster, it just doesn't reset at 101.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I'm 98, and was hoping to hit 100 and start getting some quick halloween boxes/more unlocks like everyone else has for 3 months or however long the game has been out and let people get quick boxes.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah frickin right, say what you actually mean to say: people bought less loot boxes because they were getting them quicker, so we're stopping that

Encouraging people not to play your game in order to get things in your game later is a one-way trip to burnoutsville. Like there's some of what you're saying in there, sure, but it's also a really lovely perverse incentive for other reasons.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Fenarisk posted:

I'm 98, and was hoping to hit 100 and start getting some quick halloween boxes/more unlocks like everyone else has for 3 months or however long the game has been out and let people get quick boxes.

There's a big thread on the blizzard forums about this and you sound just like those idiots. Now it will take ever so slightly less xp to get a lootbox on average. Those people who hit 100 right before or during an event suffer slightly but most players, the loving majority of us, BENEFIT from this.

don't have a tantrum just because gaming the system stopped working

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Slime posted:

There's a big thread on the blizzard forums about this and you sound just like those idiots. Now it will take ever so slightly less xp to get a lootbox on average. Those people who hit 100 right before or during an event suffer slightly but most players, the loving majority of us, BENEFIT from this.

don't have a tantrum just because gaming the system stopped working

Its also just the PTR for now, from what I can gather, so its possible its not going to stick.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah the people who are right on the cusp of hitting a round multiple of 100 are the ones getting shafted in this deal but as someone who's had overwatch since launch and am only level 65ish this change benefits me greatly in the long run so booya

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Can you still get old loot goodies like summer games gear or is that gone for good?

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
If they let you "save" your level up rewards and cash in for lootboxes when you wanted that would also avoid this issue? I duno, I liked the variation after prestiging. I also don't care that much about skins so there is that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Encouraging people not to play your game in order to get things in your game later is a one-way trip to burnoutsville. Like there's some of what you're saying in there, sure, but it's also a really lovely perverse incentive for other reasons.

But it's 100% the player's choice to do that on a person-by-person basis, and changing the whole system for the actions of what is almost certainly the smallest of minorities is real dumb. I hesitate to use the word "punishment" because all it really means is that the loot boxes are spread out over dozens more matches than before, but regardless, imo they didn't give a good enough reason for changing it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Can you still get old loot goodies like summer games gear or is that gone for good?

not until summer next year

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Cumtaster posted:

not until summer next year

Or maybe not until the next summer olympics... :negative:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

2MB posted:

Or maybe not until the next summer olympics... :negative:

Nah, they said they'll probably be bringing it back next summer.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CJacobs posted:

But it's 100% the player's choice to do that on a person-by-person basis, and changing the whole system for the actions of what is almost certainly the smallest of minorities is real dumb. I hesitate to use the word "punishment" because all it really means is that the loot boxes are spread out over dozens more matches than before, but regardless, imo they didn't give a good enough reason for changing it.

how is this not a good thing even for the fractional minority gaming the system because now they're able to get boxes at the same rate without the obligation of having to grind to a specific level precisely before a special event

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Complaining about this thing is probably the most goon thing I have ever seen.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
People purposefully quitting the game before an event hurts Blizzard. How is this not obvious? They are trying to keep their playerbase up by removing the incentive to quit before seasonal events.

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(
Got 5 golds as roadhog attacking Gibraltar. :toot: (we lost of course)

Alleric
Dec 10, 2002

Rambly Bastard...
So Winston left off of the bufftrain. Neat.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Anything to dissuade players from choosing Mei is good in my book.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Alleric posted:

winston is already good, why would they buff him

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

winston is already good, why would they buff him

People keep diving into 1v6s and mysteriously dying.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alleric posted:

Do Not Buff Winston

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Winston is strong as all hell. He's a really good character who is countered by specific characters but for the most part rewards intelligent play. He's probably the most balanced character in the game.

Like how would you buff him? Anything would turn him into a monster.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Winston should be able to climb walls like hanzo/genji :colbert:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Winston should be a 1 hit kill by a widowmaker if he touched a Lucio in the last 3 seconds

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

All characters should be 1 hit killed by Widowmaker, headshots or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I'm including the full-auto fire mode in this assertion.