Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
who cares, we all know the switch is the dev platform for the next COD from treyarc so we'll get there eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
please add my friend code to the BLOPS4 Nintendo Switch player list spreadsheet

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Any word on Cronus supporting the Switch controller? It looks to be a lot more ergonomic than the PS4 dual shock.

It has the thumbsticks in the correct spots.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Fetch me my Switch son, I'll show you my high score, and give you something to cry about."

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Wazzit posted:

Any word on Cronus supporting the Switch controller? It looks to be a lot more ergonomic than the PS4 dual shock.

Switch will have a Pro controller available, xbox clone (button-wise, unlike the Wii Pro with the dumb layout)

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 20, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
What's the point when the base system comes with perfection?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'll probably get it. I cannot be arsed to chase after the other two's continual upgrade bullshit when they can't even make the first editions work right.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

http://charlieintel.com/2016/10/20/call-duty-infinite-warfare-multiplayer-beta-weekend-2-now-live-ps4-xbox-one/

Beta is live now? Thought it was going back up tomorrow. :shrug:

Also new game mode, which doesn't seem like a great idea TBH!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

An entire game mode based around fixed spawn points. Holy gently caress it's a campers dream.

Also if the beta is up this weekend I'll definitely be around to play it tomorrow and saturday.

Has XIM updated for an IW profile yet?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Lag feels attrocious. People warping and stuttering around like crazy. Space Terminal looks amazing though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

http://charlieintel.com/2016/10/20/call-duty-infinite-warfare-multiplayer-beta-weekend-2-now-live-ps4-xbox-one/

Beta is live now? Thought it was going back up tomorrow. :shrug:

Also new game mode, which doesn't seem like a great idea TBH!

hahahahaha because Demo wasn't good enough for spawn-killing KD boosters

Now I'm definitely waiting for cod 4 to be sold separately. I've gone from apathy to being directly against Neo-IW's vision of CoD.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

hahahahaha because Demo wasn't good enough for spawn-killing KD boosters

Now I'm definitely waiting for cod 4 to be sold separately. I've gone from apathy to being directly against Neo-IW's vision of CoD.

It's just a beta etc etc

Besides, this'll probably get das boot.

Side note, I did get DC'd after a match by wanting to see the scoreboard after the match.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Frontline was pretty bad with the spawn camping and idiots doing nothing but sniping but the biggest disappointment for me was defender. The first thing I thought was "oh awesome, it's oddball from halo!" except that the TTK is way too high to be fun and you throw the ball like half a foot. You can't loving launch it across the map like you should be able to. :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 20, 2016

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Lag feels attrocious. People warping and stuttering around like crazy. Space Terminal looks amazing though.

So it really is live right now???

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Drav posted:

So it really is live right now???

Yes.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

oh gently caress.. i GOTTA see this.

*edit:

OH poo poo.. its working

https://www.twitch.tv/tehmascot

*edit2:

Ok so after playing a little bit, I think i like this mode. You spawn in a safe area with a crapload of armor, but if you hang out in spawn for too long, the armor disappears. so it prevents you from getting TOTALLY wrecked every time you spawn.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 20, 2016

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
Repaying goon love

Give these Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare beta codes to your friends so they can join you in the action: YM479-RPKPD-4MMVY-2JVKK-VWDRZ and 6RK3F-F9QTQ-C6DJX-99RMY-X66KZ

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Is this where we're posting codes for the Xbox One beta or is there an Infinite Warfare thread? I've got a few to share.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I don't know, people keep posting that Extinction guide in the IW thread for some reason.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Wazzit posted:

I don't know, people keep posting that Extinction guide in the IW thread for some reason.

Gotta love running jokes.

Also, Merc's Man-At-Arms is working as intended. Combined with a Quickdraw RAW, I think I can go toe-to-toe with those pesky SMG users.

Also Scout Hybrid is terrible why does this exist it's literally space canted sights.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Beta is live, :getin:

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I'll be on PS4 tonight poopsocking with my Chronus. I didn't know this thing had cheats(?) but every video demo I watched of them was the guy going 3-20 and bitching about lag.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This isn't doing anything for me. I like how you can just buy gun variants instead, but that's about it. The netcode that's still benefiting people with poo poo connections doesn't help things, either.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

^ ^ ^ It is most certainly not benefiting me! <:mad:>

Discussion > Games > Call of Duty: Infinite Snorefare

:flaccid:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

^ ^ ^ It is most certainly not benefiting me! <:mad:>

Discussion > Games > Call of Duty: Infinite Snorefare

:flaccid:

More like Call of Duty: Infinite Weird Decisions.

Or Call of Duty: Infinite Wars Between Our Target Audience And The Rest Of The Player Count

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Infinite Grinding/Microtransactions

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

holy gently caress this is maybe the worst netcode i have ever seen, even for CoD, and i play destiny. possibly worse than MW3.

i run through a door and halfway down a hallway and someone instakills me. killcam shows him killing me the moment i walked though the door. another guy somehow kills me the moment he jumps through a door and the killcam shows him halfway down THAT hallway before he starts shooting. this has been happening over and over in different lobbies.

i have zero faith that MW Remastered multi is going to be any better, different developer or not. But the campaigns will be fun I guess

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I cancelled my preorder. The game just isn't fun right now with the netcode and I have zero faith they'll fix that before launch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Discussion > Games > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - They Finally Did It. They Killed My loving CoD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev7RDGnXkkE

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Roman posted:

holy gently caress this is maybe the worst netcode i have ever seen, even for CoD, and i play destiny. possibly worse than MW3.

i run through a door and halfway down a hallway and someone instakills me. killcam shows him killing me the moment i walked though the door. another guy somehow kills me the moment he jumps through a door and the killcam shows him halfway down THAT hallway before he starts shooting. this has been happening over and over in different lobbies.

i have zero faith that MW Remastered multi is going to be any better, different developer or not. But the campaigns will be fun I guess

I haven't noticed any netcode weirdness but then again, I think it's different on different times.

That said, prime time worst time for CoD.

I'll just be playing the possible death of my dumb Zombies mode. And MWR.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I enjoyed the multiplayer. For me it's fun. I can understand why some people aren't enjoying it. I think it's growing on me.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
:shrug: I really like the game. Granted, I'll like any CoD with this movement system.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

housefly posted:

I cancelled my preorder. The game just isn't fun right now with the netcode and I have zero faith they'll fix that before launch.

But you should have kept the preorder to play COD4 with us. :(

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Javes posted:

:shrug: I really like the game. Granted, I'll like any CoD with this movement system.

And if you play a bit, you'll get a way to make even LMGs useful(read: Man-At-Arms and QuickDraw maybe)

Seriously, it felt like I was ADSing at or near SMG speeds. Plus it was fun getting a Point Blank medal with one.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

TMMadman posted:

But you should have kept the preorder to play COD4 with us. :(

Nooooo way. That just tells Infinity Ward that this is okay.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

widespread posted:

I haven't noticed any netcode weirdness but then again, I think it's different on different times.
That said, prime time worst time for CoD.
I actually did play around 5:30 pm EST and had a few good games. It didn't get bad until I went back on later.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Roman posted:

I actually did play around 5:30 pm EST and had a few good games. It didn't get bad until I went back on later.

Translates to 2:30 PST for me, which was about a half hour after I stopped playing I think. Or I did play around that time, too.

Point is, if you can, avoid prime time until a few patches in and maybe get confirmation bias before you dip in around that time.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Best shotgun in the game.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ElatedLimpingBagworm.mp4

Also this is the new "most kills with one weapon" record.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

why are you posting halo in the cod thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Looks like IW isn't the only game out soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1OFjPSP6Y

Looks like the usual POS tower defence game.
First box opening in the video: two whites and a blue. :lol:

• Locked thread