Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Sir Potato posted:

I don't know much about these new people and I've never read comics before. Who are all these people? I don't really know what to look up and the Justice Leagues and Societies have usually gone through like 20 lineups over time.

Look up All Star Comics and All American Comics. They're from the same group of people you might know, such as Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Atom, and Doctor Fate.

Super Dude fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Time travel as an excuse to punch Nazis

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Every episode needs Reverse Flash killing someone. Or a lot of people.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sir Potato posted:

Sara is the best, always has been. I don't know much about these new people and I've never read comics before. Who are all these people? I don't really know what to look up and the Justice Leagues and Societies have usually gone through like 20 lineups over time.

Stargirl -- has a staff that gives her powers
Dr Mid-Nite -- blind but can see in the dark
Vixen -- amulet channels the attributes of animals
Obsidian -- shadow powers
Hourman -- has pills that make him superstrong for an hour
Commander Steel -- cyborg Captain America

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The best part of this show is Rory being ready to punch people at a moment's notice.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was hoping for a moment like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3r8KN17wP0&t=0m13s

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Rex : "Time...traveler...welp off to film another season of Suits."

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I like the sound of "Captain Sara Lance: Time Lesbian"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed a lot at Sara slightly crouching down when the Nazi said that the guy Stein was imitating was over 6 feet tall.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zebulon posted:

Poor Ray.

"So your superpower is wearing a suit?"

Says the woman whose super powers come from a necklace? Did she miss the bit where he mentioned that he built the suit?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
This season is definitely more fun than last one, but I think this is definitely the weakest of the DC-CW shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spooky like this! posted:

I laughed a lot at Sara slightly crouching down when the Nazi said that the guy Stein was imitating was over 6 feet tall.

That was pretty excellent, I want to believe she improved that.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

That was pretty excellent, I want to believe she improved that.

While it's certainly in the script, her facial expression did improve the scene a lot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm wondering if pushing the Hourman flashback to this episode was just a cheap money saving measure. Since they killed him off it means they only have to pay him for the one episode.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

spooky like this! posted:

I'm wondering if pushing the Hourman flashback to this episode was just a cheap money saving measure. Since they killed him off it means they only have to pay him for the one episode.

I wonder why his last words were 'Time traveler' rather than 'Speedster in yellow' or something else that could help identify his killer. Also wonder how mechanical engineering genius Ray Palmer was able to re-synthesize a small amount of chemical serum to deliver a different and specific effect.

I really like the season so far, it's a lot of fun but nit-picking can send you down a wormhole you might never emerge from.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 22, 2016

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
In comics "super scientist" pretty much covers all "science".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This Nazi dance hall has guitar music and allows black dancers, making it more progressive than most of America up to the 70s.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Heatwave apparently no longer has a fire gun or lines, so why is he still here?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Heatwave apparently no longer has a fire gun or lines, so why is he still here?

He's there to comment on how dumb the plot is - he's the audience self-insert.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmao the second bombing run. I'm dying laughing here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bombs are apparently only dangerous to hemophiliacs. Anyone else hit by one will be fine.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

They had one. One of the first things someone said to Sara was "Not now miss, I'm speaking to the team leader" and you can see the whole team just back up to avoid the blood splatter.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FELD1 posted:

I was actually more miffed about their speaking modern English in 823 England. I got over it pretty fast when Jackson and Stein were dressed like wizards cuz that was pretty funny. As soon as something dumb happens, I remember what I'm watching and just chuckle at it. This season's gonna be so great.

Remember they've got those magic pills that make them able to understand any language and have anyone they're speaking to think they're speaking their language. Sara was giving one to the FNG this episode

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My favorite part of this show is how the team themselves acknowledges that they're all horrible fuckups. :allears:

Seriously, between 25th century technology and being a polymath, Eobard can clown on these guys all day long.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

My favorite part of this show is how the team themselves acknowledges that they're all horrible fuckups. :allears:

Seriously, between 25th century technology and being a polymath, Eobard can clown on these guys all day long.

To be fair, between Flash and Legends, who hasn't Eobard clowned at least once? The answer is Oliver. Oliver kind of kicked the poo poo out of him the one time they met...

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Rather then save Esteintine they should have saved Ted Knight (starman) as he created the bomb in DC

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Man these guys are such fuckups.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nooneofconsequence posted:

It's wonderful :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"We're professionals. We know what we're doing." :roflolmao:

"I designed it so an idiot could use it." :v:
"An idiot does."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wanna see Vixen summon animal powers from an animal smaller than her. A cute little ghost armadillo appears behind her.

She also needs to do some zoological research. Gorillas and tigers, what is she, 8 years old? Summon mantis shrimp powers and punch holes through dudes.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Mick is a weeaboo dork for ninjas this show :allears:

Sara really owns as captain.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I really hope Mick's thing this year is "I love roasting [insert infinite regression of historical boogeymen here]!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wouldn't blowing up a shogun like that cause some pretty big disturbances in the time line?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I like how their only solution was to murder the guy. Like, if Colossus punched him in the face, that wouldn't knock him out? Nope, gotta blow him up! A very Barry Allen move.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The image I have in my head during this episode was Homer during Treehouse of Horror V when he goes nuts and just starts killing everything in the past.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I like how their only solution was to murder the guy. Like, if Colossus punched him in the face, that wouldn't knock him out? Nope, gotta blow him up! A very Barry Allen move.

They're professionals...ish

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

howe_sam posted:

Wouldn't blowing up a shogun like that cause some pretty big disturbances in the time line?

Look, at this point, if they didn't gently caress up the timeline whenever visiting it, it would actually do more damage than if they did.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Caity Lotz is crushing this fighting malarky.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah, someone please gif her swordfight please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rocksicles posted:

She has a legit martial arts background, right? Wikipedia sez she does taekwondo and Muay Thai.

• Locked thread