Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

The Lone Badger posted:

It says it works on locks 'below your skill'. I took this to mean that e.g. if you have the Expert park then novice and advanced locks are trivialised, but expert ones are not.

Right. I have master level lockpicking though and the upgrade does not work on a novice level lock. The novice level only upgrade does work though....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The mod to trivialize lockpicking is called fallout4.esm.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

The mod to trivialize lockpicking is called fallout4.esm.

That wasn't really as clever as it sounded in your head, friend.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Fallout 4 vanilla lockpicking is very easy

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Fallout 4 vanilla lockpicking is very easy

yeah but on your third or fourth time playing through the game you just want to auto open locks that match your skill because the mini game gets old

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

yeah but on your third or fourth time playing through the game you just want to auto open locks that match your skill because the mini game gets old

Im phone posting, else id link it. But theres a great mod that allows you to bash open locked doors and it's such a drastic improvement I cant recommend it enough.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
i have played those games so many times that it never takes me longer than a few seconds to do each

this is what I am good at life. a minigame for stealing stuff in video games; it transferred over to dying light too

Edit:
Oh yeah, and the loading thing is gone again; I made the game have real-time priority in task manager and maybe that did something, maybe not. loving Bethesda sorcery.

Also I remembered Preston being way easier to get into liked. MOtherfucker, I just want the castle and your drat perk, then to go and become king of the raiders. :romney:

edit edit: what happened to romney emote

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 21, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Pretty sure I've a mod in the OP that makes opening locks always work.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dr. Carwash posted:

Right. I have master level lockpicking though and the upgrade does not work on a novice level lock. The novice level only upgrade does work though....

Not sure then. I never built the advanced unit.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Also I remembered Preston being way easier to get into liked. MOtherfucker, I just want the castle and your drat perk, then to go and become king of the raiders. :romney:

If it helps any I think the mission to reclaim the castle actually triggers when you get a certain number of allied settlements. I think you have to get them allied through quests, but not necessarily Minuteman quests. I got the offer after I converted Greygarden.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Dr. Carwash posted:

I've been using: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/306/
Configurable, works well, priced right ..

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I've been holding off on getting the DLC until a sale comes. So far as the crafting DLCs go, what mods should I get on top of Wasteland WOrkshop? I don't want to get a mod if the same features are implemented in the DLC.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
There still isn't a mod that minimizes the settlement management is there? Ideally something that makes me not have to touch them at all?

Ideally that mod that had settlements build and take care if themselves a month or more ago but I'm 90% site it didn't get off the ground and I don't have the free time (or desire) to mod it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

There still isn't a mod that minimizes the settlement management is there? Ideally something that makes me not have to touch them at all?

Ideally that mod that had settlements build and take care if themselves a month or more ago but I'm 90% site it didn't get off the ground and I don't have the free time (or desire) to mod it.

Just don't build them?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a mod that fixes it so I actually get XP for all those enemies my turbocharged death robot runs off and murders before I can get to them?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Is there a mod that fixes it so I actually get XP for all those enemies my turbocharged death robot runs off and murders before I can get to them?
You can do with the console.
setgs fXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold <value>
The default value is 0.25, which means that you need to lower the enemies' health by at least 25% in order to get the XP reward. Lower it to whatever you're comfortable with.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

Lets see what the interesting mods on the Nexus are this week.

~good poo poo~

Thanks, I appreciate this, been focussed on other things & not been nexus trawling for a while.

Mr. Crow posted:

u, settlement management software seems to do the trick, go to a settlement, it will ask to assign settlers or some junk, and tells you what the settlement is low on/missing, if that is too much hassle then I guess just encase them in a glass fortress covered with rocket launchers.
I have done various weird things with my mods and built strange bridges everywhere, scrapped hundreds of cars everywhere and so on, so I am rolling around with tons of building materials.
as I can build where I like, I can take over areas where mobs spawn and rain hell death on anything red to me, I'm thinking on taking over corvega.

Vampires in Fallout 4.http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19428/ AAAAhahahahahahaah, gently caress.

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 21, 2016

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

So I turned on Survival mode. Tweaked a few things, and I think I got it about where I can stand it, but it's getting a little old to go back into the menu every time I need to drink some water or gnaw on some monster meat.

Is there a mod like Skyrim's iNeed that automatically consumes food for you? I know that a lot of them have slightly different effects, but I don't think I care that much -- I just want enough of the survival BS for food/drink in the world to be meaningful without the extra level of inventory management. Failing that, I suppose I'll find a mod that adds more hotkeys or something like that.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

staberind posted:

Thanks, I appreciate this, been focussed on other things & not been nexus trawling for a while.

I'll keep posting while I'm playing my 3rd game every now and then, distracted by the two new big boys though on the video game block.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Appoda posted:

So I turned on Survival mode. Tweaked a few things, and I think I got it about where I can stand it, but it's getting a little old to go back into the menu every time I need to drink some water or gnaw on some monster meat.

Is there a mod like Skyrim's iNeed that automatically consumes food for you? I know that a lot of them have slightly different effects, but I don't think I care that much -- I just want enough of the survival BS for food/drink in the world to be meaningful without the extra level of inventory management. Failing that, I suppose I'll find a mod that adds more hotkeys or something like that.

This will probably be the hotkey mod you want: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664/

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with Mod Organizer logging into the Nexus right now?

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Evidently: Horse.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19500/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK0qhl9lPeo

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

loving finally. Is this actually up on the nexus? This is the one mod I've been wishing someone would make since Far Harbour came out.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There needs to be a mod that lets you mount ranged weapons on a turret on Dogmeat's back, Metal Max style.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So I haven't played FO4 since before the first DLC came out. So I'm planning on giving it another run through but this time with the DLC and with how I've always enjoyed playing Bethesda games....MODDED TO HELL AND BACK. Gonna sit down and set things up to hopefully start playing this weekend. Was curious if there is a good mod out there that adds a lot of creatures / enemies of decent quality like some of old monster mods for Skyrim and the like.

Also what's the best AI or combat overhaul for the game to make it more fun and somewhat more challenging without being stupid? (I consider survival stupid, I've played enough Rust, Ark, etc...)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Entropic posted:

loving finally. Is this actually up on the nexus? This is the one mod I've been wishing someone would make since Far Harbour came out.

I don't know about that, but there's this... un-obviously named thing that just came out: The Bolt Sometimes Changes

It's for the hunting rifle, but it solves a similar problem!

(I shouldn't read things in ESL at 2 AM)

lilspooky posted:

So I haven't played FO4 since before the first DLC came out. So I'm planning on giving it another run through but this time with the DLC and with how I've always enjoyed playing Bethesda games....MODDED TO HELL AND BACK. Gonna sit down and set things up to hopefully start playing this weekend. Was curious if there is a good mod out there that adds a lot of creatures / enemies of decent quality like some of old monster mods for Skyrim and the like.

Also what's the best AI or combat overhaul for the game to make it more fun and somewhat more challenging without being stupid? (I consider survival stupid, I've played enough Rust, Ark, etc...)

There's barely animation mods out now, man, new monsters are going to be recolors or nothing until people can get things figured out. And the only combat overhaul stuff I know about is just changing damage values or giant crazy overhauls with way more stuff than just combat overhauls.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 26, 2016

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Oh yeah? Hmm so maybe just hold off for now.... :(

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

lilspooky posted:

Oh yeah? Hmm so maybe just hold off for now.... :(

If you do decide to play now, I recommend my Weapon Balance Overhaul combined with my create your own difficulty mod! Rebalances weapons fairly well and you can choose how much damage you deal and how much you take. Lightweight and surprisingly powerful.

Not yet updated for DLC weapons, though it'll play fine with them. They just won't be balanced relative to a modded game.

I really gotta learn scripting though so I don't need to keep relying on lame as hell FOMODs. I'm sure it can't be hard to get a user to select a number and feed it to a script that runs a console command. Just have an item that when used prompts a list of values, pass that back to a script that edits a GMST. If anyone knows papyrus scripting, hit me up.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Iron Rose posted:

If you do decide to play now, I recommend my Weapon Balance Overhaul combined with my create your own difficulty mod! Rebalances weapons fairly well and you can choose how much damage you deal and how much you take. Lightweight and surprisingly powerful.

Not yet updated for DLC weapons, though it'll play fine with them. They just won't be balanced relative to a modded game.

I really gotta learn scripting though so I don't need to keep relying on lame as hell FOMODs. I'm sure it can't be hard to get a user to select a number and feed it to a script that runs a console command. Just have an item that when used prompts a list of values, pass that back to a script that edits a GMST. If anyone knows papyrus scripting, hit me up.

Oh yeah, I would recommend WBO. But I thought it sounded like Spooky wanted something more intensive.

(PS: what's that tag from? As a Nasty Woman, it is relevant to my interests)

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh yeah, I would recommend WBO. But I thought it sounded like Spooky wanted something more intensive.

(PS: what's that tag from? As a Nasty Woman, it is relevant to my interests)

Donate to RAINN, get a tag!

Not fallout modding related, but it's for a good cause.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!
If there are some mods that can add new varied raiders with nasty equipment that'd be cool too. :)

Edit: Question, if using the WBO mod and THEN throwing in a bunch of custom weapons I take it balance will be all over the place? I'd be using weapons that are considered somewhat balanced and "fair" and not dopey stuff like a rapid fire fatman or something silly.

lilspooky fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 26, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

lilspooky posted:

If there are some mods that can add new varied raiders with nasty equipment that'd be cool too. :)

Edit: Question, if using the WBO mod and THEN throwing in a bunch of custom weapons I take it balance will be all over the place? I'd be using weapons that are considered somewhat balanced and "fair" and not dopey stuff like a rapid fire fatman or something silly.

In my experience no, since mod added weapons tend to range between "powerful" and "lol ridiculously overpowered." They tend to be better than vanilla weapons is what I'm saying, because you want folks to use your shiny new gun, no?

As WBO kinda shifts all the vanilla weapons to the "powerful" end of the spectrum, I find it actually meshes super well with mod added weapons. Gives you a reason to use one or the other.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Awesome. I'll sit down Friday and start doing the crunch of modding a Bethesda game.

Is the Arbitration mod mentioned in the OP still useful for the Combat AI stuff or is it no longer worthwhile? OP says it's old (at time that was written) but still good for the AI branch of it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
is there a mod to make the goddamn pip boy interface bigger on the screen

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Relin posted:

is there a mod to make the goddamn pip boy interface bigger on the screen

Press rmb

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I know. It's not enough.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I haven't used it yet but something as simple as this may just make me replay the game if it works as well as the video implies. Revolver fanning!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17319/

I was always a bit miffed that even if you slow down time with Jet to feel like a badass with a revolver, the fact you fire so slowly still made it fairly underwhelming.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lilspooky posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9103/ This adds raider equipment stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Not sure if this is the right thread but despite searching I'm still having a heck of a time getting Fallout NV to run on Windows 10. Are there any tips/tricks?