Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

That FFRK sub-reddit has a lot of useful info on events and dungeons and stuff, but holy smokes there are people on there spending insane amounts of money on this game. Like, multiple people spending $100+ chasing Firion's BSB. Some dude said he whaled twelve times on this one banner. I'm not even doing dollar pulls until I know this game isn't about to disappear in a cloud of smoke in a couple weeks. I can't even imagine spending almost $400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

That FFRK sub-reddit has a lot of useful info on events and dungeons and stuff, but holy smokes there are people on there spending insane amounts of money on this game. Like, multiple people spending $100+ chasing Firion's BSB. Some dude said he whaled twelve times on this one banner. I'm not even doing dollar pulls until I know this game isn't about to disappear in a cloud of smoke in a couple weeks. I can't even imagine spending almost $400.

$400 isn't even the worst I've seen from that subreddit. People have spent four digit numbers on this game, to get terrible relics from 2014.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
This game is most likely not disappearing in a puff of smoke btw. The release is specifically talking about DeNA NA's original games, they mention that they're going to shift focus to collabs (ie Record Keeper).

Support also said the game isn't going anywhere, but that doesn't mean much considering support would say that if the servers were shutting down in two weeks and they knew it. :v:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hogama posted:

Last II event was in the middle of a fest banner that took my mythril, so let's toss some at this to see if I can beef up my II synergy.

Oh, man, 5? That's the most rainbows I've ever seen in a single draw.

:aaaaa:

Now your problem is whether to make a 8* Sun Blade for any future content involving Firion and/or Knights, or spread the II synergy around.

Honestly you've pretty much got a 8* Excalibur now.

Next week (Larsa) will be my last pull for about a month before Onion Knight, hopefully. The dungeon update (and likely lucky draw) next month is XI-V-VIII, which I'll probably pass on; XI synergy is basically one character at the moment, my V synergy is passable, and while it would be nice to draw Selphie's BSB or Zell's SSB2, I'm already stacked with VIII relics and will be pulling on Squall/Rinoa anyway.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 21, 2016

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I've been on vacation, so have some videos:

Edgar goes apeshit with his tools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroMjHs9Iq4
Setzer rigs the slots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMol12V9ghE
Locke summons his dead girlfriend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgqQ85kpAg
Locke's latest SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23aBiDVrykM

Maria destroys the planet, just because: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP4qXMSAN9I
Josef goes skiing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn-rTdMw8Wc
Firion's OSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgouMRwIvEg
Firion's latest SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q37emYDyfrE
Gordon's BSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ37f2qrncM
Leila's BSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbgKn_2pYU
Ricard's latest SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCRfS9Wj_w
The Emperor's BSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09c4wHFfpLI
The Emperor's SSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TGBrpujKfQ

Vanille's USB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8i1mAY4QI
Hope's second BSB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVY_O4Osq8w

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Attestant posted:

Well poo poo, now DeNA tells me that while they took away the 9500 gems, they can't actually refund the money. Now I have to fight with Google support, and apparently I'll get a reply in 24-72 hours.

I just want my 100 bucks back, drat it. That was my Civ 6 money! :argh:

Ok. So now I got a message from Google, that they cannot refund this, and that I should contact the app developers instead.

So DeNA took away my gems because I wanted a refund, and told me to contact Google.

Google does nothing, and tells me to contact DeNA.

So now I'm $100 short AND the 9500 gems have been removed from my account to boot.

Welp, more emails to DeNA support then.

:smithicide:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Uh, you should fight that a little more than just taking that lying down dude, that's not an insignificant amount of money

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Attestant posted:

Ok. So now I got a message from Google, that they cannot refund this, and that I should contact the app developers instead.

So DeNA took away my gems because I wanted a refund, and told me to contact Google.

Google does nothing, and tells me to contact DeNA.

So now I'm $100 short AND the 9500 gems have been removed from my account to boot.

Welp, more emails to DeNA support then.

:smithicide:

Jesus christ. Is there an active number you can call?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Servaetes posted:

Uh, you should fight that a little more than just taking that lying down dude, that's not an insignificant amount of money

Oh, don't worry, I'm still very much fighting this. DeNA asked me to contact them again if Google doesn't come through, which I did. So waiting to see what their response is now. If everything else fails, I'll consider issuing a chargeback, since now I'm out of the purchased "product" as well

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Jesus christ. Is there an active number you can call?

Maybe the local Google offices? Dunno if DeNA global has a phone presence? There's a minor issue that I live in the nordic europe, so neither company is exactly local to me...

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

PSA for anyone playing on JP: You can just press the retweet button in ffrk to get free stamina without actually tweeting anything as part of the Halloween campaign.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Can you use Summon Magic against Kaiser Dragon?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, now that I'm actually see them I might not pull on either of the JP VI banners, regardless of if the World of Final Fantasy banners are good. I mean, I'd love to get Celes' OSB or BSB but pretty much everything else on her banner is crazy meh, and pulling her Runic sword would be a straight up insult. Oh well, I'm all for making my decisions easier.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

Nihilarian posted:

Can you use Summon Magic against Kaiser Dragon?

Summon and White are fine, yeah. Just no ninja or physical attacks.

Although I'm actually curious if it would counter a physical SB, bringing Beatrix for Shell/heals and using her magic blink SSB would probably save some hassle if those physical hits aren't countered.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Howdy posted:

Summon and White are fine, yeah. Just no ninja or physical attacks.

Although I'm actually curious if it would counter a physical SB, bringing Beatrix for Shell/heals and using her magic blink SSB would probably save some hassle if those physical hits aren't countered.

I'm pretty sure soulbreaks are considered uncounterable?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So if I'm in the market for a little bit of II synergy (and have 500+ spare mythril anyway) which is the better banner to be pulling on? I've already got a really old axe for Firion and Leon's Hand of the Emperor as my only II gear.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Firion's BSB would really work well with my team (Beatrix BSB, Cecil SSB, etc) but I'm not interested in anything else on the banner, especially not the BSB Axe. Chasing a single relic is madness, right?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Somebody from Japan. Ugh, just ugh:

ZiegeDame posted:

So if I'm in the market for a little bit of II synergy (and have 500+ spare mythril anyway) which is the better banner to be pulling on? I've already got a really old axe for Firion and Leon's Hand of the Emperor as my only II gear.

The top prizes are basically Firion and Maria's BSBs, so I guess decide if you want to chase a good physical BSB or a pretty top-tier mage BSB.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Schwartzcough posted:

The top prizes are basically Firion and Maria's BSBs, so I guess decide if you want to chase a good physical BSB or a pretty top-tier mage BSB.

On that note, if those are all you're interested in chasing, it might be better to wait for OSB Fest. Yes, banners change between JP and Global, but they don't tend to remove big ticket items that people would be willing to chase after. They'll shuffle items between banners and specifically target god banners to break them up so people don't save up for one specific no-doy banner (RIP JP SSBFest banner 4, too beautiful for our gaijin shores) but Sun Blade and Artemis Bow II are highly desirable items that people will spend for. I know that's what I'm doing, I may only have Lord of Arms for Firion and Hand of the Emperor for Leon but I'm not desperate to fix my synergy right here and now so I'd rather wait for the side prizes on these two items to be more appealing.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
What's a good RM to throw on m'boy Zell? The rest of my current A-team, for reference:

Cloud/Climhazzard/Finishing Touch/Battleforged
Faris/Sea Lord's Broadside/Charismatic Aura
Ramza/Shout/Hail of Stones/Dr. Mog's Teachings
Aeris/White Materia/Mako Might

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Beat Kaiser Dragon, but water and lightning were the only two elements he didn't cycle through, ugh

Well, whatever, got Meltdown now :toot:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I have a feeling that these Cids Missions for U++ are going to be kicking my rear end for the foreseeable future. U+'s I could do with relative consistency but these U++ are nutso and require some ridiculous synergy and/or luck.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Koobes posted:

PSA for anyone playing on JP: You can just press the retweet button in ffrk to get free stamina without actually tweeting anything as part of the Halloween campaign.

To add to this, it looks like you can do it more than once per day as well. Just got a second opportunity a few hours after the first.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I have a feeling that these Cids Missions for U++ are going to be kicking my rear end for the foreseeable future. U+'s I could do with relative consistency but these U++ are nutso and require some ridiculous synergy and/or luck.

Well you're in luck because U++ won't have Cid Missions anymore. From now on it's all U+. I'll still be attempting the U++ in CM mode though, just to spice things up.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ah wonderful

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

What's a good RM to throw on m'boy Zell? The rest of my current A-team, for reference:

Cloud/Climhazzard/Finishing Touch/Battleforged
Faris/Sea Lord's Broadside/Charismatic Aura
Ramza/Shout/Hail of Stones/Dr. Mog's Teachings
Aeris/White Materia/Mako Might

Do you have Combat King? If so, toss Ace Striker or Battleforged on him, give him Lifesiphon and Lifebane, and go ham. One of his other SBs? Go with one of the "significantly boosts fist damage" RMs, Sphere him up to Celerity 5*, and Chaincharge to your heart's content.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I can't make heads or tails of this Nightmare boss. I tried going in and just beating it up cause I have the heals and mitigation but the thing is rock solid defensively. I don't want to hone up ninja magics so I'm gonna have to do it the regular way but I look in this fight and not even sure what's going on or what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't make any sense to me. Reading some guides talking about changing the targets or what have you. Guess I'll have to watch a video or something. What I mean is I don't wanna even do it it looks stupid.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kawalimus posted:

I can't make heads or tails of this Nightmare boss. I tried going in and just beating it up cause I have the heals and mitigation but the thing is rock solid defensively. I don't want to hone up ninja magics so I'm gonna have to do it the regular way but I look in this fight and not even sure what's going on or what I'm supposed to do. It doesn't make any sense to me. Reading some guides talking about changing the targets or what have you. Guess I'll have to watch a video or something. What I mean is I don't wanna even do it it looks stupid.

The cannon targets you and does damage equal to its health (starts at 9999). But if the targeted character performs an action on another character (healing, attacking, whatever) it changes the target lock to that character. So the idea is to wait until the cannon is just about to fire and have the targetted character Diaga the launchers or guardian so that it damages itself.

The trick seems to be that you have to kill one of the launchers yourself the first time, otherwise it's ATB lines up so that it'll end up passing the "potato" back to you a fraction of a second before the cannon fires.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oh god my erroneous play style does not sound good for that.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

You can brute force the fight with attacking white magic BSBs (notably Selphie and Minwu's which is coming on the next FF2 banner) and defense-ignoring stuff like ninja magic if you don't want to deal with the gimmick; just be prepared to heal a LOT in counter damage.

iirc the way to play hot potato was to, on speed 1, count five seconds from the targeting and then start casting.

e: Dang, up to 209 mythril. I'm gonna 11 pull on Guy 2, but I think I'm in a good place re: my mythril budget! :toot:

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 22, 2016

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The second of the mythril gifts has arrived. Another 5 mythril to throw away next week chasing Ashe/Vaan BSBs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I was so excited about getting Leon's BSB that I bought his MC2 without checking to see what MC2s came with the event :downs:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Debuff LD coming! Turns out I already have 9 of the items on it.

It has a surprising amount of duds (Cyclone Grimoire, Barret's Gunarms, Vanille's Binding Rod, Wakka's Official Ball to single some out) mixed in with a few good ones (Vaan and Faris's BSBs, Agrias' Kaiser Shield and the other ATK/MAG Breakdowns ect.).

Depending on your relics it might not be worth pulling.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i wouldn't touch that banner with a stick.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Kawalimus posted:

Oh god my erroneous play style does not sound good for that.

Just use Tyro with Gust and Phantasm equipped for high magic and either +magic RM or the +ninja one. I just brute forced it with that and a Selphie BSB

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Nephrite posted:

Just use Tyro with Gust and Phantasm equipped for high magic and either +magic RM or the +ninja one. I just brute forced it with that and a Selphie BSB

+ninja is better if you have it, given he gets synergy and will hit the ninja cap easily

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

*sigh* maybe I'll just do it the brute force way. I just don't feel like honing poo poo for this. God I do not want to do this fight.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
I have one of the two Bursts on debuff lucky, and the mathed out numbers on the banner overall are so bad that I can't see myself bothering due to that.

:negative: It's a terrible thing when the draw quality is questionable enough relative to other banners that it may not be worth it half-price. It's fine if you don't have either Burst and don't have a double offense break though.

Oh uh I guess I beat Ultima Buster today too. Turns out he doesn't like Vivi's BSB. Like, really, really, really does not like it. Who knew.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 22, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeNAGameSupport/status/789287286336811008?lang=en

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
if you have Sephiroth's BSB it is also very good for telling the mechanic of the nightmare to gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The second gift got me past the 500 mythril barrier! I'm probably gonna skip the debuff lucky draw, since there's a lot of old and not particularly good stuff in the pool, and I already know I'm pulling on banners that have Orichalcum Dirk and Riot Blade in the very near future so I already have a significant chance at getting two of the few actually good relics in the set.

Less than a week left until Larsa hits...

• Locked thread